Various Edible Recipes

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by blazerwill420, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I usually do 2-3 grams of concentrates per batch of whatever I am making. I have it infused in Coconut Oil, and I use that.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I use .10 grams per dose. So for a sucker it'd be .10g. For a bag of 5 gummy bears intended to be a single dose it'd be .02g per gummy bear (or other comparable candy) For a batch of candy intended to make 100 suckers you'd use 10g of BHO. Just math.

For oils and butter in baking it's 1lb fresh frozen trim to 1.25lb of oil/butter. Potency is directly related to quality of trim and strain. I use this extraction method for butter.
    http://hightimes.com/edibles/ultimate-cannabutter-experiment-method-3/

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Discorilla likes this.
  3. Discorilla

100 Mg doses are a good starting point for more potent edibles. This is a moderate dose level, and newbies should be warned about it.

4. ResinRubber

Agreed. It can catch a person off guard if not forewarned. But on the other hand, nobody's ever looked me in the eye and said.."eh, I got nuthin," That's the rep you don't want to get.

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

i am becoming a big fan of edibles. Oh the creamy goodness and the med benefits , its a pair made in heaven,

blazerwill420 likes this.
  6. Discorilla

Exactly.

7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

IMG_3210.JPG what disco said, 100 mgs per unit is a good place to start with things like cookies, brownies, chocolates etc.

8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That way you're making butter Res, I find that stuff revolting. I've tried but if it's not made with oil then I can't stomach it at all.

As an aside, that link you posted mentioned testing done at Sc labs, that's were I had my cheese krush tested. Well The Emerald Cup kicked them to the curb last year because they got caught lying about the samples for the cup. Now most of the clubs around here use Steep Hill for testing. Rumor has it that at one time Steep Hill was a front for the cops, don't know if it's really true but the person I heard it from is usually reliable about industry stuff.

ResinRubber likes this.
  9. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'm experimenting with watermelon flavored, bho infused, Italian Ice. This is one small melon from my garden and 1.5 grams of oil. I infused the oil by dissolving it in 1 tsp of brandy, just enough so you don't taste the booze, at least I hope. Also, I separated the solids out, that's probably a personal preference and added a little honey to sweeten it up a bit. Now just freeze and eat.

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Discorilla and ResinRubber like this.
  10. ResinRubber

That sounds delish. Bought a sorbet freezer thingie the other day for the kitchen. It grinds frozen whole fruit into a mash. Kinda like a sausage grinder except way more awesome. Might have to add some hash to the mix and see how it goes.

Just a reminder to others, remember to decarb the BHO/hash first.

11. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That's too funny about the sorbet machine. I've been eating that and Italian ice all summer. I had Huckleberry ice cream once and that was it.

And I don't decarb my stuff and it works just fine.

12. ResinRubber

Really? I don't for candies or anything else that gets baked/cooked. But stuff that's cold, like beverages or tinctures, I always decarb the weed before extraction. Hmmm...might have to try it your way next time.

13. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Eat some straight bho, you'll see. I've had a few request lately for salves/ointment stuff, don't have the first clue there.

14. ResinRubber

Never ate straight BHO. Gonna go to the cupboard now. If I'm not back in an hour don't send anybody. I'll be happy and relaxed and don't want my buzz killed.

I generally use cocoa butter as an ointment base because a guy can buy it off the shelf at any organic food mart. Just do an alcohol, bho, or rosin press extraction, dissolve in a small amount of grape alcohol or everclear, then mix into the base. Or you can melt the cocoa butter and add the extract straight to the warm oil then cool. I like this way best.

15. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

16. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

17. ResinRubber

That was my take. Tried some straight from the dabber. My mouth went numb. Tastes like shit. Can't say I'm lit, but I am a little more pleasant to be around.

18. SuperMoChombo

Well I've got a big ole pile of wax. I will eat some tomorrow (and I won't smoke some too promise).

Any chance wax is like half decarbed, due to the boil down and vaccing at 120 ish? I think it takes 220 f or so to completely decarb.

I will try tomorrow.

How many grams should I eat? I dab a booger and high as fuck for 4 hours or so.

19. SuperMoChombo

By the way, i only eat FANCY honey. Just like my ketchup (or catsup, which brings to mind pussy....up)

20. ResinRubber

Missed this.

Good to know about Sc labs. Us folk in the hinterland are always the last to find out who's been fibbing on labs.

The butter is almost good the way they do it in the link. I do pretty much the same but add two more really simple steps. After you get your cake of butter lightly wash it in room temp water to remove any crud on the underside.

Melt it into twice the amount of simmering water. So one cup of butter would be melted into two cups H2O. Barely simmer for 10 minutes or so. Use a lid on the pot or it'll get messy. Allow to cool in the fridge until you get another butter cake.

Repeat this process once more (making sure you rinse the butter cake each time) and you'll get a potent, clean, butter with a smoother cannabis note instead of a hayfield blast to the face.

SuperMoChombo and blazerwill420 like this.