Disconetics Go time!

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Mrgreengenes, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Im running seeds from Disco and they have their tails out. I'm running the go time they are a 9 -10 week strain. I'll post pictures later.

2. Mrgreengenes

Tails on 4 seeds.
    IMG_8930.JPG

nippie and Discorilla like this.
  3. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Sweet! Disco Time run from the boss! :punk: You know I'm watching!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  4. Mrgreengenes

Out of the four seeds that had tails out only one has made it to the top. The other three seem to have stalled. I am germinating the rest of the seeds. I'm using a seed heating mat and got my fingers crossed.
    IMG_9011.JPG IMG_9012.JPG

5. Discorilla

Hopefully the other ones go for you. I've never had to use a fully sealed humidity dome past when the seeds poke out of the ground, so I'm wondering if the heat or humidity is what is causing the issues with the seedlings. I know August is always a little rough for me as far as starting seeds go, so I try to avoid popping in the summers for this reason.

6. Mrgreengenes

My temperatures are 70 degree where I'm germinating them. I placed them on a heated seed mat with a towel between them and the mat. I have a towel over the container they are in so they warm to about 80 degrees. I've had my seeds that I make pop quickly and some batches hardly pop. No rim or reason. Here's hoping this last group pops.

Discorilla likes this.
  7. Mrgreengenes

Disco, the seed that popped came clean out of the shell. I placed the tail in a rapid rooter and then put a sandwich bag over the cup on a seed heating mat to keep it comfortable.

Discorilla likes this.
  8. Discorilla

I feel ya. I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can because I'm curious. I had a $200 pack do the same thing to me with my methods, so it's just me trying to learn as much as I can for future grows and such.

9. Mrgreengenes

One of the seed pack from Ethos poped tails only then just died. I contacted Ethos Genetics and they sent another pack out the next day. 4 out of 5 popped and made it.
    I'm guessing the seeds sat somewhere to hot during shipping possible causing them not to germ. It happens.

10. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

how long do you paper towel them?

I usually give them a solid day until tail is over an inch long and trys to embed in paper towel then transplant directly into RW cubs that i cut in half. the predrilled wholes in the cubes are great for seedlings, suck for clones

edit to clarify....I slid the rockwool out of the wrapping, cut it half, place the seedling in the middle, then put two sides back together and slide the wrapping back on for a day until the tail pops out the bottom, then totally ready for solo cup

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  11. Mrgreengenes

Two days before I got tails out nippie and short ones at that. One seed split in two and there was a small seedling there with a 1/4 inch tail.
    That the one in the cup.

12. nippie

I was saying after they pop, the disco i am currently running all popped in about 36 hours or so, then kept them in the paper towel for another day so they tap root gets nice and long then i do the rockwool like i discussed above

I'm going to be popping more beans in the next few days i think, maybe i'll post a little log on how i do them. it's always worked for me. i found out keeping them in papertowel a little longer helps with survival (for me anyways) out of pure laziness. I used to lose beans that wouldn't come up after i put them in, one day about half the beans popped and i figured i'd wait for all...the ones that popped first all made it without issue, the others had about 75% survival coming out of the rw. honestly i've had tails grow in the paper towel and had to remove them very gently and they did great...I'm talking had leaves before i put them in rw lol

now if i could only figure out how to make cats not like to eat the babies I'd be doing well, for some reason they like to pull babies out of the rockwool because my cats are assholes lol

13. Mrgreengenes

All right one made it to the surface and looks to be fine the others still haven't seen the light.
    I took a picture of the remaining seeds after they've been in the paper towel for two days.
    There are two seeds that look like they will open up not much happening with the rest of them.
    IMG_9059.JPG IMG_9060.JPG

14. Discorilla

One thing that could be tried is manually cracking open the shells with a pair of tweezers. It's helped me in the past with stuff that is stubborn. It's either that or trying to scuff them before germing.

I can shoot you some more beans if you would like.

15. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Yep, my moddo is "if they turn black and dont crack", their done. But I never tried the cracking. The scruffing works good.

16. Mrgreengenes

We have a second seed in a cup and the shell is off. I'm giving the other seed another day then I'll plant it.
    Lets see how these three grow before you send out any more seeds.

17. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Your cats eat babies? What the fuck kind of cat you got?

18. nippie

Three, and the get progressively meaner.

But without sacrificing babies, how do you please the sun god?

19. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Fuck all his virgins on the beach. Oh, Please him. Damn I thought it said piss him off.

20. Mrgreengenes

We have 4 seeds up and growing Disco!
    I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Lvstickybud and Discorilla like this.