Lemonberry and GSC.

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Mrgreengenes, Mar 11, 2017.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

LB. My first run of this cut vs your experienced hand. (Gotta have a ready excuse for when you kick my ass.) Figure we each do a run and each pick our best plant.

Best whole plant and best bud picture in blind vote. Could be fun boss.

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Wel lets gets some Lemonberry clones ready. I'll be starting my next grow in about three weeks for vegging and go from there.
    Heres another shot of GSC.
    IMGP0206.JPG

3. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

She's pretty!

4. Mrgreengenes

Heres two more pictures, she sure is frosty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Discorilla and Lvstickybud like this.
  5. Mrgreengenes

So I ended up with 16.1 ounces of dried trimmed bud from the table only. Here's a sample.
    IMG_6787.JPG IMG_6789.JPG

HeadCase, Discorilla and Lvstickybud like this.
  6. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

That looks like 2 hits and quit stuff. Gorgeous.

7. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

They look like rocks. 2 hits and quit? I've NEVER run across that. Even with wax or any other kind of hash forget about weed. lol

bigbudztoo likes this.
  8. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Looks like frosty Brussel
    sprouts in the first finished bud pic.

9. Mrgreengenes

Dense hard buds is the word here. I want to point out that instead of the ten 1 quart jars that normally hold a pound of dried bud, I only used 6 jars this time and still got a pound! I realy happy with the results.

10. ResinRubber

[​IMG] Never has a bud that dense come out of a garden of mine.

not scared...nope. Huh uh.o_O

Got a dozen or so LB cuts rooting now. Figure they'll hit dirt in a week. Whenever yer ready. :baked:

Lvstickybud likes this.
  11. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

HAHAHA. They look like they'd break a window.

12. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

You two need a judge let me know. I'd be glad to sample for ya!

:water pipe smoker:

13. ResinRubber

Might need you for a possible tie breaker. But kind'a think I'm in over my head with this one.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  14. Mrgreengenes

I have LemonBerry clones rooting. I should have them planted in a week to ten days. I have a rooted clone in a cup that I can use. This will be fun!

15. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Hmmmmm...very interesting. While I've been out of the cannabis growing world for the most part, I have been honing my fruit tree growing/pruning while I have been gone. This defoliation technique is very similar to what I do with my fruit trees each year in the winter. How to prune fruit trees greatly depends on the type of fruit but peaches respond VERY well to a very aggressive prune in winter. Same explosive growth occurs in spring and you just can't tell that it was hacked up a couple months earlier. Apples are different in that the more aggressive the prune the more veg growth you'll get with less fruit set. In any case....I'm going to try this with my current grow and then adapt it to my outdoor SCROG grow this coming summer. Will be interesting to see the results for myself in both cases. Love it Mr. GG....I enjoy learning new things. Pass Pass

TreesA.jpg
    TreesB.jpg
    TreesC.jpg
    TreesD.jpg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  16. Mrgreengenes

Herb it works buddy that’s for sure. If a plant is unstable genetically the stress can cause hermies to happen. So pay attention to your plants.

17. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

On the two phenos of the lemon berry (the thai leaning and other) that you guys run, are they both about the same flower time? Is one shorter?

18. Mrgreengenes

They both run 9-10 weeks my friend.

Justcheckingitout likes this.
  19. ResinRubber

I concur.

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  20. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Yes....I have read that for myself. One difference I see is that you tend to 'feed' your plants whereas I rely on the soil to feed mine. I learned to build my soil so the plants have all they need throughout their entire growth and do little to no feeding in which case the leaves serve me well. In your case of feeding on a regular schedule the leaves are not so much a needed element in supporting the buds. My grow this round is going to be a mix of two types of compost (one I made myself, and another from a local supply) and I am going to feed with a compost tea when the plants need them. Since this is going to be my first grow with this method, I want to see how my plants respond before adding in another element (defoliation).....just in case. I need this grow to work so my wife and I have a good supply. So many variables go into this. What works for one may not work for another. That's the fun though...testing it out and seeing if it works.