Rapid led cob/canopy style DIY

Discussion in 'DIY LED Builds' started by Justcheckingitout, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Check these out, they are new, cool and cheap but quality. The cob and canopy style are cool. The 4' x 4' rack is sweet. Prices on the cob and canopy are great priced even with leds and drivers ect added are not that much.

http://www.rapidled.com/horticulture-kits/

ResinRubber likes this.
  2. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Things are looking better and better in LED land. I think that in the next few years that they'll get the intensity and spectrum dialed in better and prices will come down. There doesn't seem to be a lot of commercially available fixtures that have the latest and greatest LEDs. Seems like as soon as a manufacturer releases a new fixture, a better LED comes along.

I've been looking at LEDs as a way to improve the light distribution in my cabinet. One day, maybe...

Growmau5 has some pretty good videos on youtube for folks that want to build their own. Also check out ChilLED Grow Lights channel.

bigbudztoo likes this.
  3. Justcheckingitout

I like the idea on how they got the frame to where you can add a few cobs together

4. nappyhawk

nappyhawk New Sprout

I have their triple cob cxb3590. Legit company. Great customer service.

5. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

I like LED and I'm sure the tech will continue to advance, using less electricity to produce better PAR and less heat. That was the big draw to LED for me was the idea of good light with little heat, no bulb replacement every 6 months, and the lower electric bill was just a bonus.

I've got a bunch of the original Rapid Onyx bloom lights, which have proven to be good lights with some drawbacks. The big problem with my lights is the footprint is too small. They are also pretty hot - about the same as a 250W HPS - but they do the job and I can live with the heat.

Also interesting to note that my LED lights have a higher max input Amp draw (7 amps at 110v) than the 600W HPS lights that draw 5 amps max.

6. That's awesome love their configuration and mounting style.

7. Justcheckingitout

if you get one, you will love....great light footprint and way less heat. It's like when sliced bread came out. Lol

FredyJohnSmith likes this.