Herb's 2018 outdoor grow.

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Herb, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Starting a new thread for my up and coming outdoor grow operation. Not sure how this one is going to play out exactly....kinda making it up as I go along. I have a 10' x 10' dog pen that I will be converting into a greenhouse of sorts but still waiting for funds to come in so I can begin the build. Just going to take it as it comes and let things work themselves out. I try not to stress on shit too much and let things roll as they are meant to roll. These will all be cuts of the indoor strains I am currently finishing up. Since I can have 6 plants I have doubled up on the Chocolate Cream since I had an extra cutting. I currently have them on my back porch getting hardened off for full sun in the near future. The missing plant is the Sweet Soma cutting that just took root. She is in another location waiting for her turn to come outside with her sisters.

Outdoor plants 06 01 18A.jpg

Outdoor plants 06 01 18B.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    blazerwill420, OldSmokey and HeadCase like this.
  2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Nice. I think everyone that grows hydro has at least one of those totes too!

3. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I'm going to be using that tote for my strawberries Blazer. Great lil' totes BTW.....cheap too.

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I have two of them. I use mine for my fllod tables.

Herb likes this.
  5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I’ll be watching! :)

Herb likes this.
  6. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

This grow is going to be fun. First time doing an outdoor where I'm not paranoid as shit that someone is going to smell my plants. I'm keeping everything on the level and in accordance with local guidelines to prevent any problems and/or anxienty. Can't wait until my neighbors ask me if there is a resident skunk lurking about. :smokin:

HeadCase likes this.
  7. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

This should be a good show. Got my hamoc set up....who needs a beer?

8. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

9. Justcheckingitout

Think of all the hamocks we have set up thru out the years...:animbong:

10. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

No doubt. I don't enough fingers and toes.

11. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Here they are again.....I'm about ready to top these girls and get them going with some LST.

OutdoorGrow 06 11 18.jpg

I have ordered my shade cloth for both the exterior of the enclosure (90%) and the shade cloth for the cover over the top of the enclosure (50%). Here in Cali. we can grow outdoors so long as the enclosure is not more than 10'x10' and, in my county at least, they require you to have the enclosure covered on all sides (not visible from without) and not be able to see it from above. Doesn't leave a whole lot of wiggle room does it? If that's how they wanna play then fine...we'll play. I'll keep my plant count to 6 and comply with their 'guidelines' only so I can fall back on THEIR regulations if I ever get shit for my grow. We just bought our house and I don't wish to put it in jeopardy. Oh...and it has to be 'secured' as well. Here's the enclosure I'll be using....

OutdoorEnclosureA.jpg

OutdoorEnclosureB.jpg

OutdoorEnclosureC.jpg

The Gorilla Bomb is coming out, and a friend is letting me take some cuts from his Lemon Skunk Haze and his Superglue. In exchange I'm gifting him my Hashchis clone to make room. He already has all of my current genetics and will be doing his own outdoor op. Should be fun to compare his style with my own. He's more of a hands-off kinda grower and pretty much lets the plants do their own thing. Me...I like to get in there and work with the plants. So genetics-wise that will leave me with...

2 - Chocolate Creams
    1 - AK Widow 47
    1 - Sweet Soma
    1 - Lemon Skunk Haze
    1 - Superglue

I'm going to take more cuts from my AK Widow 47 JUST in case my buddy's cuts don't pan out. Back up of sorts....you never know what can happen. Always nice to have something to fall back on.

12. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Make cuts of the super glue, you're going to like it. It's a yielding mofo outside too. Pound a plant without even trying.

13. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Right on. I'll keep that in mind for sure. I'm just not 100% positive his plant is a female. Going to check it out tomorrow and see what he has.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  14. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Well...no such luck on any new genetics. Just going to be running the clones I took from my indoor grow. Not complaining in any way...just hoped for some variety.

Update.....June 23, 2018:

Got my shade cloth put on after a fiasco with the vender. They only sent the top shade and not the two side pieces. Got that settled quick and easy though and the space is now ready for my plants. Been keeping my tomatoes and peppers along with some grape cuttings I took from my other place in the new 'greenhouse', I guess you could call it, and they have done very well. So I got busy today mixing soil and getting things ready for transplant into 15 gallon pots.

The chicken photo bombed me! :roll:

OutdoorGrow 06 23 18A.jpg

OutdoorGrow 06 23 18B.jpg

OutdoorGrow 06 23 18C.jpg

OutdoorGrow 06 23 18F.jpg

They blend in so well.

OutdoorGrow 06 23 18G.jpg

Can't forget the lime....dolomite lime.

OutdoorGrow 06 23 18E.jpg

15. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

All the plants in their place. Decided to keep the Gorilla Bomb with the rest of them...for now. I just don't see having enough time to take more cuttings and get them vegged out in time. I'm already late to the party. Just going to go with it and see what transpires. The Sweet Soma will stay in the quart pot until it gets a little bigger.

OutdoorGrow 06 23 18H.jpg

Sharing the space with the veggies.

OutdoorGrow 06 23 18J.jpg

HeadCase and bigbudztoo like this.
  16. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I like how you've got them all the same distance from the light. ;-)

17. Justcheckingitout

I like that cage you got, keep the deer and rabbits out...let that chicken poop away in there...:lmao:

A photo bombing chicken, there is a song in there somewhere. :affro:

18. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

You like that? Can't be too careful...wouldn't want any light issues. :roll:

Chicken poop is in my compost. :ebert: Can't let the chickens near the plants though...the little bastards are destructive if allowed to be.

19. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Update 06/30/18:

The Sweet Soma is in her place now as are all my veggies. Spent an entire day just mixing soil and getting everything situated in the grow space. The good news is that all the hard work is over now so it's time to sit back and watch the show. :animbong:

OutdoorGrow 06 30 18A.jpg

Gorilla Bomb:

OutdoorGrow 06 30 18B.jpg

Sweet Soma:

OutdoorGrow 06 30 18C.jpg

Hashchis:

OutdoorGrow 06 30 18D.jpg

AK Widow 47:

OutdoorGrow 06 30 18E.jpg

Chocolate Cream #1:

OutdoorGrow 06 30 18F.jpg

Chocolate Cream #2: