C-SCROG (Circular SCROG) Instructions

Discussion in 'Screen of Green (SCROG)' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Jul 6, 2007.

1. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

The C-SCROG is similar to SCROG, except that it is Circular & Vertical.

As the plant grows, you guide the branches and bud sites to where they can get more light, then hold them in place with large plastic-coated paperclips or other tie method. Not only does this keep the height of the plant short, but it also keeps the width under control.

C-Scrog works best if there is only 1 plant per pot. This enables maximum light exposure.

These instructions are for a DWC bucket, but with a slight modification it could be used for most types of growing systems.

[​IMG]

5 gallon or 3.5 gallon bucket and net pot bucket lid. Net pot pictured is 10".
    [​IMG]

3'x50' Roll of fencing
    [​IMG]

Wire cutters and drill with 9/64" bit
    [​IMG]

Fencing cut and formed into cage.
    Make sure there are wires sticking out at the bottom, these get inserted into the holes that will be drilled.
    Leave one side open for easy access to the plants.[​IMG]

Holes drilled into top of net pot. The ends of the cage wire go into the holes
    [​IMG]

Cut a notch in the net pot for the airhose
    [​IMG]

Cage mounted into holes
    [​IMG]

Turn the net pot over and bend down the wire ends to hold the cage in place
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shisno likes this.
  2. HappyHappyHighGuy

Yes, this is the same design I posted before that I called "v-scrog," but after more research into vertical scrog methods I found that the term v-scrog is used for many designs.

I haven't seen one with the exact design as mine, so I named it C-SCROG. The "C" is for Circular, and the cage forms the letter "C."

3. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Interesting HHG Ma friend!

Yeah , i do remember ya did something like this before, and it was a thing ive never did in my life in growing, i just plain n simply let the grow, grow away and do its damndest to PRODUCE with all the HELP i CAN give ti it, to HELP its abundance, whether it be NUTRIENTS, BENDING,TYING,LSTING, or even Jogging the plants, but never SCROGGING any plant in my life, as for straters, i would NOT know how to set uo a good one....

But now, after reading and actually seeing this method produced and step-by-step intructions right infront of my eyes, i MUST admit, it looks pretty simple now, that i can se and read both at same time o the methods of scrogging and whatnot!!! :thumbsup:

Great work HHg,

RESPECT to you my friend,

:pimp: UBB........... :) :punk:

P.S, Youve did a great step-by-step instuctio method thats easy to follow for ANYONE!!! :thumbsup:

4. HappyHappyHighGuy

The main reason I do c-scrog is to save space. I can put pots side-by-side without blocking light.

I have yet to do a comparison of this method to other training methods, so I don't know if there is any yield difference, but it keeps the plants under control in my small closet and provides plenty of bud for my personal use, so I'm happy with it.

5. Shisno

Shisno Bong Whore

this looks like it could be quite interesting for CFL users... if there was enough room perhaps some lights could be hung in the middle of the "C"... cfls are cool enough that I dont think the would burn anything, would they?

6. HappyHappyHighGuy

Cfl

I've actually thought of trying that. You'd have to push all the leaves through to the back (outer diameter) of the screen, so only buds would be on the inside next to the bulb.

7. Shisno

Shisno Bong Whore

maybe this would be possible with a secondary inner "c" that could keep everything directly off of the light surface but close enough to gain the benefits

8. HappyHappyHighGuy

I don't know if there would be enough space in the size pots I'm using, but it would be interesting to try.

9. HappyHappyHighGuy

New lid for soil and Hempy buckets

[​IMG]

I trimmed off the bottom net part of the net pot, which left a rim that sits on top a 3.5 or 5 gal bucket. The notch was for the airline in a previous dwc grow.