Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Randy High, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

It's always about the Money.

If the Dems get in they believe in throwing the poor a bone.. That's me "the poor.."

Republicans believe in each dog getting it's own.

That's how I see it.

At this point I can use a toss.. eh that's nasty in the UK. LOL

2. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Many are poor now Randy due to the economy but the bone being thrown to the dog as you say comes with a high high price my frd! ;) Who do you think will pay for that bone?? Honestly do you think we can afford more taxes then we already have?? Where do you think all this money will come from to pay for all those bones eh?? Last time I checked the piggy bank is belly up broke so where are the Dem's getting the bones to throw at everyone?? Do not think any other country will loan us more money and nor should we borrow.

I am not a Republican but let me ask you this?? If you made more then me, should you pay more so I get your money?? Maybe you own a bizzness and take in over 250,000.00 because you worked your ass off to build your company up and did it the old fashioned way and honestly......so you think you should pay lots of taxes and someone who works in education as I do should pay little to none?? Hmmm does not sound very fair not to mention how would you then be able to hire more employees and provide even better health insurance for those employees if the Dems go after more of your money? Why is it so wrong for people across the board to pay the same percentage of their wages in taxes?? Of course I would pay less and you would pay more but at least it is fair when you tax everyone the same percentage don't ya think??

People who like to give will give to the needy but when you put a shotgun from government at their face like "a shotgun wedding"...umm they will give less due to being bitter for being told to do so. I know I give what I can when I can to a needy local family as do most people.

Sorry Randy but we do differ on what views and I respect you but just do not get this notion where others like you think the world does owe them? I came from a family of hard working people and my father always told me " money does not grow on trees" so let me ask you one more question in response to what you said. You want a bone tossed at you because you are poor. Define poor???

Not being a smart ass either but I have my own view on poor. Poor is when you have NO roof over your head, no food, no clothes or little and not sure when the next pay is coming in or worrying over how you will feed your family. Working whatever job it takes to gather some money to put food on the table is poor to me.

Not poor is just wanting things you truly can go without. In other words, cutting up the credit cards, not buying everything you think you want but only purchasing things you need to survive.

Now maybe you are poor so please know I mean no disrespect, just had to ask for some of my frds will say they are poor when in reality they mean "I can not buy what I want or my credit is maxed out to the limit" Yet those same frds have too much period!! They have jobs, clothes, food, shelter, every bell and whistle being sold and still are NOT happy....I call that spoiled brats. :)

Peace~mermaid :)

3. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Of course something will screw up the voting.... ;) That something will be ACORN and or other voting fraud scams which is why they are bringing in troops as Herb posted and next thing ya know>>>Martial Law not to mention many other not so nice things will happen to this country.

Being you are from Canada, how do you like socialized medicine?? I hear many mixed views where some like it or others say you get only basic no frills healthcare meaning it is not as good as the healthcare we get here in the states.

Personally I would much rather see caps on what they can charge patients and also no more kick backs to the drug reps and the doctors who push the medication's for those companies. I can see offering affordable healthcare to the uninsured and for those who can not buy a plan then that is what the free clinics are for. In our hospitals they can not refuse medical treatment to any patient if they have no insurance ...period!!! We have the KidCare insurance which is free for children who have none and I like that plan as all children need to have well/sick check ups plus their shots to prevent childhood illness. We also need to make sure people who have an existing illness which requires medication on a daily basis, affordable meds or even free so I am all for that. Just not into socialized medicine if you can afford it or where it is offered at your employment as my plan is A* which I do have co-pays but no deductibles and I can choose where I go plus get second or third opinons.

Not digging what Obama wants to do which is charge parents who have NO health care a fee/penalty if they do not aquire health insurance. He seems all peachy and ohh warm and fuzzy but again he is a wolf in sheeps clothing IMO and NO better then McCain. He will just serve your bullshit with a cunning smile where as McCain will serve it up with crankiness and a puss.

Still do not understand why any American thinks he is the cure all to every problem in our country or they feel so inspired just because he makes wonderful speeches. They are all from the same deck of cards and those following him are in for a rude awaking I am afraid. Skeery shit is headed for our future and it is NOT looking pretty. If the Dems get in, watch and see freedom of speech fly out the window with censorship on the radio stations first and then media all over second. If the republicans get in then we also face my way or the highway mentality and other shady crap.

There is NO party running worthy of the American's vote for no matter which party one ends up casting their ballot for in 2 weeks, we are doomed and screwed no matter what. ;)

4. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

:roll:

LOL well you called yourself a name so that is on you my frd.

As for me being lazy or not doing research ....hmmmm maybe you need to research as well. ;) Obama wants to get rid of loopholes you claim?? He may get rid on one to only add more. If you for one second think he is any different then McCain then you are delusional for they are the same. Check how he voted if you researched so intensely....lol Go to votesmart.com and you will see OB voted the same as McCain and Bush what little time he was in office. ;)

I know all about personal and business taxes so only one ignorant is >not me so guess that leaves only hmmm well nevermind. :) Oh which reminds me.....I also think the American citizens should be taxed the same as people who come here from another country when they start one. ;) If they pay little to none then same for the Americans but that is a whole other subject.

Yes I know they debate that all the time sillies where they tax the same across the board which is why I brought it up because I think it is fair and wish that is how it rolled.

As for business taxes .....I think they need to cut them a break so we can keep American's working and keep things made in America at the same time. As it is now.....more and more are folding up and then what happens?? Ohh yes now I know>>>being ignorant and all. ;) My stars!!

Anywhos.....what happens is unemployment goes up and another american bites the dust. Now if they cut them some slack just to get the economy moving and reward here at home so those little small town business do not close up or even a factory they eventually we can pull thru this. ;) Hey and maybe the business would be able to also afford to hire more plus give their employees benefits.....??? :sign13:

Now you also stated I am not entitled to an opinion??

LOL well last time I checked it is freedom of speech and opinions so yes I am entitled just like YOU. Maybe you need to brush up on the constitution.

LOL and this is your first or last post in politics??? Oh because you get so upset and heated and ohh your republican so you say?? Well not sure about all that and if it took my post to push your buttons because I merely posted what I think then maybe debating or discussing a subject is a bit much or taxing on you. :confused:

anywhos.....for someone who is a newbie and rarely posts you have so much to say or ooppps I mean snap and lose control over a silly post you disagree with??

No offense taken tho..... :) I respect your ranting and even insulting post to me for thank goodness this is America where FREEDOM OF SPEECH has not been taken yet.... :)

Peace bro~ now go smoke a HUGE fattie and chill as we really are all in this together no matter what our views are. :)

5. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

:roll:

Not mis-informed at all for I am voting for neither which is funny you keep giving a loaded apology as tho you think I am wrong, stupid and your so informed and correct.???? :confused: Wait because you KNOW Obama so well and anything I say about him is considered to be spreading a bunch of fallacies? Depends on what your reality is or anyone's for that matter which brings us back to opinions and views correct??

There is NO right or wrong opinion silly girl. Everyone has opinions or views and I pass no judgement on you yet your hell bent on correcting me in a condescending way?? hahha People who do that are usually insecure or just hell bent on making another agree with them or hey maybe for you none of the above. ;) Not sure why or how you roll but this chick rolls to the roll of her own ball ...maybe that clears it up for you. Just like you believe or roll the way you wish. :) We will never benefit from either of these men.

Oh and yes I am intelligent enough to KNOW we are in a recession which probably is going to go into a depression soon. Of course the economy will not get better anytime soon and my children, future grandchildren, great grandchildren will all be paying off the deficit and big tab Bush administration ran up for many years and years to come. ;) But lol sure you will have to post another memorable FYI you think I do not already know and if that makes you feel better, post away girl. Oh which btw, makes me wonder why you keep saying or apologizing for being a dick to me?? :pottytrain1: :dog: Kitties can not be dicks...... ;)

See I do research and from your other posts, you came off as a girl and said TY gentlemen and other various feminine qualities only a women would post to a growbro.

No need to edit either....I can take verbal ranting or even attacks for never do I take it personally as this is politics and sometimes people are passionate which hey I am all for being passionate in what one stands for. Weird thing is it almost reminds me of an old member who loved to edit every post which hey is cool by me. :) Personally I never do for that is where I am lazy even if I made a stoner typo and #2 I mean what I say so why edit? No need to apologize for I am not into attacking others and always respect member's opinions whether we agree or not. However I can stick up with sometimes a tad of sarcasm when I think people treat me as though I am some country bumkin with NO brain. ;) I may get stoner ramblings but thank goodness I do have a brain. :) One less thing to go ask the Wizard for :tvlaugh:

Peace and love and MUCH tolerance to all for yes we are in this together. United we stand.......divided we fall. :)

6. Randy High

"Yawn..." I just got up..

Sorry I missed the party... Slept in this Saturday.

I would wave a magic wand and change things if I could.

poor is what 45K and below a year? nope somewhere around 11k to 13k for one.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/08Poverty.shtml

Okay while not in the poverty zone I'm still poor.

I guess the point I can make is ; I expect to have a future in America if I work hard.

Republicans make me fear they protect those who have already, more then those the "Haves" get it from.

I say vote for the people who promise to help you.

Mermaid I take it your family is true middle class.

I can understand the stress you all must be feeling.

I'll work to make the bottom as comfortable as possible if any of you all should fall.

Remember that when we fall economically there is no bottom if we don't make it.

Also we never fall up... That is unless you get billion dollar bail outs from your pals.

The Heat is on!

Randy

7. brand

brand Begun Flowering

Personally I edit almost every post due to misspelling, not making sense. Or grammatical errors I notice. Sometimes things just don't come out on text like you actually intended them to while in your mind. Just wanted to make the remark. Otherwise carry on, getting interesting.:suave:

8. Randy High

I should write in a word processor first I know.

you must have seen all the different versions of my post LOL..

9. brand

brand Begun Flowering

I'll give 2-1 odds this one gets shut down. Who wants in? :$ $$:

10. nikoatnight

nikoatnight Full Flowering

11. Randy High

Naw ...

We all know when to stop and say it's only a screen... it's on;y a screen...

:icon_bounce:

12. mjtoker

mjtoker Germinating

Hey mermaid, I'm with you girl, That Randy dude has crossed the line!

Us girls got to stick together. I think he just needs a good ball crushing for punishment, or does he have any balls? I think not! A real man does not talk to a lady like that.. Grow up!

13. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I'm going to shut this thread down because someone has a potty mouth, and I think someone has caused enough trouble....

Randy, you need to grow up and knock of the crap! please do not let this happen again:suave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.