Oh here

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by TheKid, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

:admin: Thanks and have a nice day. :bong-2:

2. FoxkinD

FoxkinD Germinating

Man u gotta love the GK admin. so kid do u at least plan on putting a couple more HPS's maybe ditch the other crap? Man u could have some crazy yield in that room with some more thousands and some yo-yo's. not gonna question the experience u could have been supplying all of germany for all i kno but if u come here to this comunity expect to learn man. i been here like a couple weeks and have jus been glued to the FAX and bigginners threads. What say u join us other newbs and silently see what others are doing before coming out and showing all gotta build that rep u kno? Anyways this is a great thread on lights and the power being used or wasted by them and how u can more efficiently spread out those LUMENS!!!(even if i dosnt sink in on the one ur telling jus remeber GKers newbs like me r paying attention and thanks!:not-worthy: )

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Glad you found a home here FK. You hit the nail on the head, info can be gleaned almost anywhere on GK. :wink:

theKid..He's welcome here too and took a few shots while still staying civil and can grow any damn way he chooses. At least he's growin. All that's required for GK membership is that you're not a SPAMMER or cop and are relatively rational. That last one ain't saying much around here.:mashed:

4. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

rational? If it aint A+ grade by the acre it's not enough!!!

If the kid put his plants outdoors or had proper lighting/air flow, seeing how well he DID do with shit, I'm sure it'd be pretty amazing

5. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

HAHAHA

RR just said "rational."

We Be Potheads. Rationality is our middle name... so long as we can remember our middle name.

6. FoxkinD

FoxkinD Germinating

thanx for the welcome Res i got mad respect for u man, its people like u that make GK a truely comfortable place to spend my time. Dont worry though nothing to spam here, but watch ur brains GK im here to pick them. :alien11:

7. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

He's a :dickhead:

8. FoxkinD

FoxkinD Germinating

:roffl: wow!!! LMFAO thats harsh skuzzy :XXhesitantdevil: hope its all in good fun. laterz man

9. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

He loves it.

10. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Well your definately doing well in any case. Although as you mentioned about the CFL's doing well on the SIDES and the UNDERNEATH, is only because of the Lumen output and the practically 'non heat' returning bulbs that they are!! You don't need to 'Underside' your plants with light at all really and imo shouldnt. But 'Siding lighting', yes that does help alot more indeed, but i wouldn't recommend the "underside lighting" of the foliage,( considering the aspects of the leaves possibly getting burnt up for example, as the 'Tops' of the 'Fan leaves' are the complete 'Solar side pannels' are of energy you wanna truly place that light on for optimum results. :jj:

Only in my opinion CFL's are quite good for "vegging" and better for "cuttings"/"rooting", i would never use them for flowering, unless, unless that was ALL i could ever afford to use, but that doesn't seem to be your case here, as youve mentioned before me! Hmm...:idea:

So What id recommend, is getting Plenty of that 'MYLAR' around the plants room you grow in, for optimum lighting on all foliage present, and get a cpl of those "HPS's" doing all the work on your 'babies', all the way up to your 'older ladies'. Now that's how i do every time, i might, just might add a cpl CFL's ( If i have any) for "Vegging" only, but mainly n mostly always the 'HPS' bulbs, as that does all the work i need from "start to finish" to produce big, hence the lumen output they give off for your plants from the HPS. :thumbs-up:

You can do it start to finish with these HPS's easily, which can be way less time consuming too imo!! :idea: Plus as you mentioned "YEILD", il let you know, alot of the time, i do "14-10" from start to finish (Let it almost 'auto flower' away itself), and i can still come out with a good 4 - 6 OZ(DRY) depending on pheno of course, from one single plant, but using a 3 Gallon container!!!

* As of recent, i had tried 16/8 (1 single week less in "vegg") than the 14/10 in this instance for a change, just to see any differences made in yeild. And i can truthfully say, i didnt quite get near the planned amount expected, but got nearly 4 from it (DRY) anyway, so wasn't too unhappy so to speak there, but goes to show how plants like different methods right enough, plus the buddage was top notch! :jj: :thumbsup: (BONUS always) :thumbsup: :jj:

Your plants look really nice, but again.... With an HPS's and not any HID's or anything else, you WILL find bigger and better results in yeild and timing of ripening imo!

Of course this is all from either complete experience or from others who i personally know have tried many various other mehtods, and the "HPS" kicks all elses ass so to speak, blows em right out the water!!! :wink:

But keep it all up, youl only get better as you keep going and try the odd thing here n there to see and notice differences in your plants results, as you grow along trying these methods of advice from the GK people.

Your doing well in any case, a few adjustments and youl be doing even better!! :jj: :wink:

Grow on,

UrBigBuddie..... :pimp: :potleaf: