Feminized x Regular

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by GanjaGrower, Nov 4, 2011.

1. GanjaGrower

GanjaGrower Germinating

Is it possible to cross feminzed seeds with regular? will it be unstable?

2. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

I don't know how stable it is, but I see no reason why a feminized plant can't be pollinated and produce seeds.

3. GanjaGrower

GanjaGrower Germinating

Thank you ShadowWarrior. Well i will give it a try and experiment and report in the future when i can conclude the stability. If anyone else has knowledge on this topic please post.

4. PapaSmoke81

PapaSmoke81 Homegrown Since 1981

a fem seed is just supposed to be a garunteed female plant there is no reason to not try and pollinate....go for it!!! That is how pollination works a male and a female.....autos....different story but not feminized!!!! Good Luck Bro

5. Graperoom

Graperoom Germinating

I have a question, folks...... Are regular seeds strickly males?

6. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

No, a normal seed is either male or female......

7. Graperoom

Graperoom Germinating

OK Thanx. so it's pretty much a gamble.

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Yup it's about 50%/50% male to female ration with regular seeds. :passsit:

9. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Cannabis is a dioecious plant, meaning it has distinct sexes and reproductive organs. Just as you are familiar with humans and other animals. Crossing a fem plant with a male is just the same as breeding any two plants, you will still have 50% chance of either sex. As far as stability that depends on the parents and genetic dominance. You will have to know their characteristics such as vigor, health, immunity, nutrient uptake, how sensitive they are to those things and light intensity, production, density, flower time length, and everything else you want to consider. Because good and bad traits from the parents could be passed down...

10. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Ya stick with Feminized seeds unless you trying to make seeds.

11. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

out of curiousness why is this in the DIY and 2 mods commented without a move. Is beginner lounge or strains and crosses full or is this considered DIY?

Not trying to be dick although it will certainly come off as such. I'm just a little OCD when it comes to stupid shit.

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Honest to god never noticed.:wtf?: Takin care of it now.

13. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Its also a year old.