Master Kush

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by rasganjah, May 3, 2012.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Just chopped some Master Kush. It smells fantastic and so strong that I had to take allergy meds just to be able to trim it! She got pretty big this time and yields are gonna be substantially better than on past runs of this strain. Super sticky and dense. All nice chunky buds. I only flowered 3 of them out this time, but I just put a full table into flower yesterday. Flowering time was 54 days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:redbong:

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Damn them things look SOLID! :good job::passsit:

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I was thinking the same thing-Bud

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Thanks guys. They ARE super solid. Very dense buds. If this table that I just flipped comes out as good as these, I'm definitely expecting a good yield. This is gonna be my commercial strain for a few runs while I select a mom of the Shark Shock and Medicine Man. :passsit:

5. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Shazzammmm! :not-worthy:

Right on man. Looks awesome!

:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

6. Smokahontas

Smokahontas Iron Lungs

Those look nice and tasty.

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Turns out, this isn't MK, it's Kryptonite OG. It's still dank and great smoke. I'm growing a bunch of it.

:bong-2:

8. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

How could you tell the difference or did some other mix up reveal itself?

Killer solid looking buds you have there, NICE:thumbs-up:

Duc

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I was skeptical that it was my MK from about the third week of flowering, but I waited until I had a dried cured bud to smoke to be sure, but I know for sure 100% without a doubt that it's not my MK. It looks different, smells different, and tastes different than my MK did. I have pics of my MK grown in exactly the same way as these were and it's night and day difference in just appearance, but the MK has an unmistakable smell and flavor and this is totally different. Not even close. Still great smoke, but not my MK. :passsit: Good question though. :thumbs-up:

10. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I'm glad it turned out good at least. Bummed for it not being that MK you expected.

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

No worries. It's still good, and will serve the purpose for now. I'll call you this weekend and cruise over and chill for a minute. :passsit:

12. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Looks very nice RAS

What was it grown from? Seed? Cutting? The reason i ask is because, the LOOK and the very Greenish look to the BUds and the density as you put it, look EXTREMELY similar to my Master Kush (I mean iv grown M-Kush out a good number of times by now) Probably my favorite of them all... :potleaf:

One word for you if grown from seed... "PHENOTYPE"! Theres usualy an expectancy of a significant difference when potting seeds of the SAME strain (hence the PHENOTYPE word)

But in any case RAS, those look mighty fine buds!

*** Congrats on a fine looking and fine yeilding Harvest! :thumbsup:

UrBigBuddie.... :jj: :pimp: :jj:

13. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I gave a cut of MK to a friend and later tried to get it back from that friend. There was a labeling error and I got something other than the MK that I had given to him. The cut I got back from my friend is most likely Kryptonite OG Kush. It's 100% not my Master Kush. We're talking about clones here, not seeds. The Kryptonite is excellent smoke though and I am more than happy with the buds I harvested, as are my patients.

I understand phenotypes and genetic variations when growing from seeds. When I grow seeds out I get them from established and well known breeders and select the best pheno from the bunch to perpetuate by way of cloning.

14. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Looks very tasty.

15. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Damn dude! Your manicure of buds is just fucking artistry. What do you use to trim 'em that close without cutting into the bud? Sometimes when I have a whole plant to take down, my trimming gets pretty sloppy towards the end. Definitely solid. As a fellow MK grower I tip my cap to ya. It is definitely more of a lighter green than mine, but I read earlier in the thread...you think what you have is some kind of Kush spin-off from MK?

How's it smoke? That's the true test.

16. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

All good bro....

Of course my good man. I knew what you were getting at, and knew you had all that laid out and all the knowledge of 'PHENO'S'. :icon_confused: lol *Sorry bud, didn't mean it like that. Was just mearly stating it, so that maybe others would/could see the differences you can get through the difference in growing from either a SEED, or a CUTTING! :wink:

In any case RAS, really good to see your growing still extremely well.:bravo: And much props to you and your upkeep in the medicinal values/qualities, of all your medicines you grow! :bigok: :jj:

Real great to be back about, and watching such fine grows.

Thanks RAS, :goodjob:

UrBigBuddie..... :jj: :pimp: :jj:

17. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

UBB- Thanks man. No worries brother. It's good to clear things up and make sure everyone is on the same page.

Scotty-Thanks brother. I'm anal about my trim. I've been accused of being too meticulous with the trim job and that may be the case. I just can't stand poorly trimmed buds. AT ALL. If I get something from someone else that isn't trimmed to my standard. I will trim it up better myself before I smoke it. :new_blackey::passsit:

18. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I'm afraid to smoke someone elses stuff after the stuff I have seen done to plants that have bug or fungus issues. Fuck that, I'll smoke my own thank you very much.

19. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Sweet looking buds, Ras.

:goodjob:

20. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

man those are some fine ass buds Ras, I think MK will be the first strain i grow out in my new place once I start growing again....it looks like a good strain,I give bag appeal a 9......million ;) but hows the smoke?