Man who made fake organic fertilizer gets 6 1/2 years

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Midnight Garden, Nov 20, 2012.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

But even that is shit,just like our "reasonable force" which determines if it was self defence or not by the ferocity of the attack.In my case experts said the force used was "moderate",if it had been any worse than moderate id be sitting in a cell right now wondering how growkind is doing:5eek: See the shoot em in the back thing,what if you pull your gun and in the chaos as your drawing your weapon to shoot the guy dives backwards or some shit in a split second and takes a slug in the back.They gonna try make out you murdered a guy just cos it went in his back?How would that play out in a court of law?I pray none of you ever have to find out the outcome cos its messy.Peace:jj:

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

TA we are in agreement about how silly some laws are, there's a case in Florida where drug deal went bad and the someone was killed in the parking lot of the hotel....well the hotel got sued for lack of security to stop the drug deal :)

But when I say "shoot em in the back" I mean someone that is clearly in retreat. IF someone is 10 meters away with their back is to you and you shoot them...you're going to jail. If you are in a struggle and shoot someone point blank in the back, nothings going to happen to you.

Castle laws very state by state. In my state I can shoot someone if they are trying to rob me in my car, or my wife's car. But say I'm in my buddy's car and am getting robbed, I have no right to defend it...WTF is up with that? If someone is in your house, you can kill em, even shoot them in the back as your home is your castle.

3. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Sounds pretty complicated.

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Hank.It IS shit:wink: .....

Nippie thats crazy,so a gunman is carjacking you but not your car,he shoots the driver and all your mates are like why the fuck didnt you draw your gun on the punk and your like "i was adhering to the laws". I know in Florida the castle law applies cos i been tuning into the whole treyvon thing. Cops cant protect no one,they only turn up in the aftermath with their sherlock holmes hats on. The law ,as they say,is an ass:sad4:

nippie likes this.
  5. nippie

It all depends where you live...

In Texas there's a case where a neighbor shoot and killed to people in the back carrying TV's out of his neighbors house. Castle laws applied because in Texas, you have the right to defend your neighbors property as well as yours

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Horn_shooting_controversy

6. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

yeah, a prosecutor will almost always try to fuck you six ways to sunday. But this is why we have forensic science to determine the angle of the shot fired, where the guy was standing when shot, etc etc etc until it works out as a live-action puzzle to show how it went down.

7. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Just watched a news program about guns in the UK. 58 ppl were killed by a gun in the UK last year.

There are no guns so no one gets shot ;) lol

8. nippie

but you guys just stab each other instead

9. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Yes there is a lot of stabbings, but 10 times more ppl survive a teabagging compared to getting shot.

That's the whole point. If all these idiots who go around stabbing ppl could legally buy a gun the murder rate would sky rocket.

One good thing about stabbings is that no innocent bystanders get caught in the cross fire. You cant accidently stab a kid playing in the park behind your target.

10. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Unless you are REALLY bad with a knife.

11. ShadowWarrior

I'm sure I mis-read the first line, cuz this is about violence, not gay sex, right?

And what if it's a ballistic knife? It could miss and hit the kid, or if someone just throws the knife cuz they fantasize about being Rambo... just saying, it could happen.

12. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

The jailtime for knives in scotland just rose to 5 years for possession of a knive. Skuzz is right,its bad enough with some wee gangs with knives ,if they had guns there would be mayhem in the streets of the UK.FACT! Ballistic knives... kids over here only see them on COD. Throwing knives?? Trust me if your in a street battle you aint throwing your main defence weapon knowhwere:roll: A guy pulls a knife you can easily charge him and disarm him but with a gun,less so:bong2:

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I always liked this quote.

"I am not anti-gun. I'm pro-knife. Consider the merits of the knife. In the first place, you have to catch up with someone in order to stab him. A general substitution of knives for guns would promote physical fitness. We'd turn into a whole nation of great runners. Plus, knives don't ricochet. And people are seldom killed while cleaning their knives."

- Molly Ivins

14. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Are you serious? I can see it beings that high for a OTF Knife, maybe, but Dam!

I know US laws are: anything longer then your palm of you hand is illegal,

But that is just insanity.

I seriously wanna get OTF knife though, badass. Its shits on Switchblade and Stilleto.

15. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Thats how serious knife crime in Glasgow and the west of scotland is,in fact its not just west its ALL of the UK.But more so in Glasgow.You walk down argyle street in the city on any given day and you will pass at least 8 people with huge scars on their faces before you even get to the end of the high street. Its been going on since the 60's with the razor gangs that blighted scotland. The max term was 4 years but most people caught with a knife escape with an 18month sentence so now its been raised to 5 years you will likely see most people getting 36-48 months.But yup,carrying a knife in scotland now carries the same sentence as rape or robbery.I was inside with a guy who got 5 years just for a silencer and some bullets he was holding for someone when his home got busted for weed,sounded like a set up to me but thats another story.Point is i knew another guy who accidentally killed his best mate in a place called Wishaw nnot far from my locale.He got 5 years for culpuble homicide after the pals parents testified they were the greatest of friends and it was accidental.The Judge in his summing up said,i accept this was a terrible accident but i must sentence you to 4 years minimum for the gun. Less than you will now get for possession of a knife.Thats how badly knife crime is in Scotland.

Very few of my friends i grew up with havent been stabbed or slashed in some form,but thats just cos i mixed in daft circles.The normal joe bloggs wont come across knife crime unless hes getting robbed for his beats headphones. No doubt in my mind with the drunken violence in west scotland that if guns were there more readily therew ould be shootings daily by daft kids. As it is Glasgow has a few gan shootings a year.Just recently a top gangland figure was blasted 5 times in the head and body as he sat in a an Asda/Wallmart carpark waiting for his girlfriend .But thats gang on gang shit for control of the drug areas,etc. Knoves are easily accessible.I can walk into the poundshop and buy a meat clever and collection of steak knives for a pound.Nuff said:sad4:

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

It used to be round my way that any blade 3inches long or more was classed as an offensive weapon and that meant charged and jailed.So people started carrying smaller knives, potato peelers,small screwdrivers,etc.Now any sharp instrument of any size will be classed as an offenisive weapon not just lockbacks. I got pulled by the cops once in a car i owned and there was a toolbag in the 'trunk' and it had a hammer in it and they charged me with offesive weapon!!! Iv even been charged with being in possession of an offensive weapon when i brandished my belt at a guy trying to swing a brush handle at me. If you take of your belt your carrying an offensive weapon.Fucked up.:sad4:

17. ShadowWarrior

I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever heard of someone being penalized for having a hammer, and not even hitting someone with it, let alone a belt.

18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

So in the UK essentially anything you can hit somebody with can be considered an illegal weapon if the cop decides it is? Yeah, I really like that a lot!

"Probable cause sir, he removed his belt" "Exigent circumstances sir, the guy was carrying a hammer." Sounds like you guys are giving up a lot to feel safer.

19. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Its when he pulls-off-a-boot you are in trouble......or is that Canadians....:smoke2:

20. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Basically yes.If you are in a combat situation with a guy AKA a street fight and a random passer by witness stands in court saying she saw you swinging a belt at a guy but she failed to see the other guy had a huge fucking broom handle in his hands then yeah thats classed as an offensive weapon the minute i take my belt of with the motive and intention of harming someone.Iv been done with offensive weapon for hitting someone with an unopen can of beer.For a hammer in my car like i said. You hit someone with something over here be it a brick or whatever then it becomes an offensive weapon,within reason of course but its not only knives considered offensive weapons.:bongin: