Feds demand marijuana records from Mendocino County

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Midnight Garden, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

County officials received subpoena in October

[​IMG]

SANTA ROSA, Calif. —

Federal investigators are demanding records related to a Northern California county's medical marijuana permitting program.

Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman told local news outlets this week that county officials received a subpoena in October from the U.S. Attorney's Office in San Francisco.

The records request is connected to the county's now-canceled program to authorize certain marijuana growers to grow as many as 99 plants, exceeding the local limit of 25 plants. The permitting process garnered more than $800,000 in county fees in its two-year existence.

Officials canceled the program in January after the U.S. Attorney's office threatened legal action.

The county collected information that included growers' names and the patients they were serving.

Allman said he is not sure why federal prosecutors want the records. Other county officials and the U.S. Attorney's Office declined comment.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/Feds-demand-marijuana-records-from-Mendocino-County/-/11797728/17582718/-/fsdndj/-/index.html#ixzz2DZ3NQTKn

2. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

because it's a paper trail for 2 more busts

I guess they ran out of illegal grows now they're going to go back over some legal ones in conspiracies at least bust people on. Just applying for a permit could technically be conspiracy to cultivate marijuana which could carry a 10 year sentence in federal prison

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Is the county complying is the question? Couldn't find anything that said one way or the other.

4. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Next they'll be coming for GK records! Hurry Sue, run like the wind!

:5obsessed:

5. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

What a fucking joke. A desperate attempt by the Feds to put pressure on them. Hope there having fun wonder what they are going to do when every state is legal. Just a matter of time

t6

6. Midnight Garden

I did a cursory search and it looks like they complied with the subpoena. The thing that makes me scared about this, earlier this year the feds raided and closed the only dispensary that I have ever set foot in (I last went there last fall). They got all the computers, names, etc. Sometimes I wonder what they are doing with all of those names. I suspect that they are picking the low hanging fruit from the lists, i.e., the people supplying the dispensary on a regular basis. Lucky for me all I did was buy some clones, a couple of eighths, and gave them, free of charge, a couple of pounds.

7. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

Mayor should have handed them a stack of papers with the words 'go fuck yourself' in every line.

8. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Id be shitting my pants right now if I had any dealings with a dispensary.
    t6

9. ResinRubber

That's deeply troubling. So the county got their $$ and just rolled over? Good luck gaining local compliance with that kind of behavior.

10. Midnight Garden

They caved. The sop here in California is that the feds always threaten any local or state official that does anything to further promot mmj. That's basically why that "walmart" type grow op in Berkely never got off of the ground. The feds threatened the local officials with arrest if they issued any permits for it. Another "walmart" type grow op was supposed to be done in the small farming community of Isleton. The police dept there was broke and the police chief was going to use the revenue generated to fund his dept. When the feds got wind of it they threatened the police chief and city council and the idea promptly died. Since that time the city of Isleton has had to close it's entire police dept and I believe that they fired the chief. Now Sacramento county is responsible for the police duties in that city.

11. ShadowWarrior

This makes me want to go break a federal law just for kicks.

12. ResinRubber

Yes and yes on both counts ofo. State law requires it. If they're looking for anybody it's the suppliers who regularly brought in large amounts. Somebody needs to find Eric Holder and show him the interesting things you can do with a pliers.

13. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Already do on a daily basis. :smokin:

14. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Well, I've got pliers and a blow torch. Wouldn't want him to catch cold.

15. ShadowWarrior

Oh yeah!

The ATF would have a field day with me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
  16. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

hah hah...great response :thumbs-up: