Crazy Talk!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackprince11, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Still totally clueless how Japan giving up militarism after getting two atomic bombs dropped on them has anything to do with America having to solve it's gun issues from "inside the puzzle". If anything, the example looks to me to serve the opposite of your point. The Japanese wouldn't give up militarism voluntarily. They had to be forced to by the bombs. It seems like you're then saying America likewise wouldn't give up their guns voluntarily, but would need to be forced.

But, anyways, no need to go over that point again. Whatever.

:deadhorse:

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

I believe the terminology they used was "trickle down managed society":bong2:

3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

just keep quiet.....

{MODERATED} [thats as close to what shadow said without being offensive:roll:]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
  4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Unless your a self confessed thick skinned shithead/loudmouth then play nice

ON BEHALF OF THE GROWKIND.COM T.O.U and Moderators/Administrators-

Look guys,this aint about "hank-bashing" although i find some comments distateful,recently hes been tol to eat a dick,then told he married a submissive wife for certain reasons now a reply he gets to his opinion is JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP.

:sad4: Seriously,this reminds me of the bad old days at GK when mob rules rules supreme and it caused a lot of trouble. If Herb or Snick or Mr.Douglas or any other mods from them days were here they could explain it better than mE.MrGJ and me came on board at same time so he knows what i mean.We used to enforce a strict zero tolerance policy regarding abusive posts,then we laxed it a bit to make it 3 strikes.

We now have infractions we use to warn members to tone it down without affecting their standing as a member.Its a mods discretion on how to deal with it.Im sorry if you think saying STFU shadow is a valid response to hanks opinion on the NRA but just cos you share polar opposite values from hank dont mean he can be told to shut the fuck up.Even if you had added some content or debate to your post that validated the fact hank was talking shit then fair enough but that was an out and out flame.:eusa_naughty: And it also felt like joining in with the tarring feathering without actually having anything valuable to contribute.Other comments in he past we let slide cos hey were in context as part of an ongoing debate but when your posed with a question or a post to reply to and you cant think of anything intelligent or constructive to say ,or even to inform the poster that hes misinformed and in your opinion WRONG then replying with Just shiut the fuck up is considered flaming by the mod/admin team here at GK.Others have been warned before,we dont pick and choose favourtites here although we let some slide cos we know they werent meant in an abusive offenisve manner but shadow i see nothing constructive or meaningful about your reply.

If your gonna tell someone to STFU then you obviously think they dont know what they are talking about so why not give your reasons for assuming he is ignorant ,wrong or un-informed:ponder: Hank bashing happens a lot due to his opinions being polar opposites of many of yours but on the whole most members will argue their case with him without just calling him names.This is a growing trend that i fear will not further the future of GK.Anyways just my:2c:

This is politics,peoples feelings will get hurt but cant we debate without name calling.Personally the submissive wife comment i felt was harsh as was the eat a dick one last week.If people dont like hank or what he has to say then put him on ignore,simples. Hes a contributing member whose only issue with most of you is that hes a yank living in japan and for some reason people seem to think his wife is submissive,for all we know she kicks his ass daily:wink: Point is he IS allowed to post his opinions and shouldnt apologise for it.Hes liberal thinking and the weird thing i so are most of you unless its guns we are talking about.Im not getting involved in further gun debates as im not taking sides but we wouldnt tolerate any other member being spoken to like people do to hank so we have to act with impratiality as best we can and i for one dont want to go back to the zero tolerance days when members ran their mouth 24/7 and mods were hesitant to intervene. Lets just play nice. Comments about peoples wives,eating dicks and genrally telling people to stfu purely cos they dont have a better answer to a comment is not on.Politics is a firey forum at best of times and im sure hanks not bothered as he hasnt reported this post or the one about his wife or the one about eating a dick.We try defuse these comments with lughter,some members like C-crete get away with it cos by his own admission hes the GK resident "total shithead/loudmouth" plus hes a pittsburgh native,that kinda talk is foreplay to them guys,similar to us Glaswegians. But point if this post is to serve notice to all play nice and unless its a dumb ass looking for a fight or asking questions then disregarding your answers then theres really no excuse for demeaning a man for his own peronsal beliefs. Sometimes your responses actually validate some of the stuff hanks trying to convey

.Anyways its not about hank,its about the TOU and us all getting on as a forum.Sure we aint all gonna agree or like each other but we can still bite at people without merting infractions,we can still get our subtle digs in there in a seemingly polite fashion.Ask hank,he does it to you guys all the time.....but he keeps within the rules. Look man.lets just enjoy new years and keep GK tidy,we dont need all this trollfest cliqueness flying around.If one or two people disagree with hank and say so it dont mean the whole forum has to start insulting the guy and this goes for any members.Goodwill to all growers:fly:

5. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

Japan was not forced by bombs any more than Germany was not stopped by their crushing defeat in WWII. I don't think the bombs themselves alone changed their minds. If the bombs had been dropped under different circumstances they might have rallied them further. After WWII Germany not only still has a military but is a nuclear power as well. If they were not compelled by defeat alone from becoming what they are today I have to assume the same about Japan. The bombs, the defeat militarily in the Pacific and Australia, the anger within their society because of decades of the progress of their culture being delayed and put on the back-burner because of the focus on regional dominance because of the stranglehold of the militarists on the government all came together as reasons that civilian disarmament worked within Jananese society. On some level they had to accept it or it would not have prevailed ultimately.:passsit:

6. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

The bombs were the final straw after getting their asses kicked.

The civilian disarmament took place at the beginning of the Edo period, approx. 1600. 350 years before the end of WW2. The reasoning (according to the article, which you said you read, so not sure why we aren't on the same page on this.) was to melt them down to make a gigantic buddha statue.

The samurai continued to be armed with swords until Adm. Perry came and started off the Meiji era. They most definitely did not agree to give up their swords and many battles were fought until they untimately lost. The no arms side prevailed through force.

:read2:

7. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

DAMN IT, App!!!!! I had so much to say, now I have to keep my bashing to myself. Damn it!!!!

Hank, you and your damn....

BP, your just a .....

Nippie, do you know what kinda of.......

Midnight, your a ......

Man oh man, there's just no bite to it.

I rely on bashing because I can't type as fast as my brain works and all I can remember are the insults. Looks like I'll have to remain quiet.

DAMN IT!!!!

8. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Boy that one for the books ta! Maybe you like people running forum to forum causing constant turmoil staying just under the toa with ridiculous arguments just on the edge of flameing. I DONT! And I was not referring to CC either. Would be nice if the toa applied to Everybody
    t6

t6

9. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

lol lvs, I try to stay out of the political and or religious crap or I'd be doing what shadow did, telling everyone to just STFU!!!!

10. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

What hank fails to tell you that japan has one of the lowest crimes rates due to the fact that the police refuse to take case unless its open and shut.....many mnay murdrrs over there are considered suicides soas to keep up its lawful image.

11. nippie

Ta...whys hank a protected class? Seriously he flames the boards but mods defend him when people get fed up. He can talk all the shit that he wants but when put in his place we're the assholes.

I see your point but it cant be one sided..

12. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Awesome. :danger:

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

When did I get put in my place?

14. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Caught some shrapnel on that one, WTF!

Fuck everyone! :rofl6:

15. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Cmon maaaan, dont ya know we got some future presidents chattering it up in the heeeere???

Its like a Harvard debate round GK these days, except nobody knows a fuckin thing about what theyre talkin bout, just what theyve read in print

FTW!:passsit:

16. nippie

Don't understand how if a man murders his wife and children, Japan considers it a suicide....how does that equate to awesome?

17. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

seCrete, I fail to understand why you feel like no one knows what they are talking about. Why are you even in these threads if you think we know nothing? I am privileged to be able to inform myself, maybe you don't like that kind of thing and just want to think about concrete all day, but some of us like politics and studying after required schooling.

As for the rest, Hank isn't flaming. When he was, he got the same treatment as anyone else. I am sorry his counter arguments upset you and you have little facts to prove him wrong, but he isn't flaming. He is making me laugh at how mad he is making y'all, but......:bong2:

18. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Where do you get your information about Japan?

19. nippie

common knowledge....I'll find a link though if you'd like.

Hell Japan won't investigate a shooting if they don't know who pulled the trigger

http://www.jpands.org/hacienda/stolinsky.html

also feel free to look up some stuff on Wiki.

As for Hank he's a hypocrite, that's all, he can talk all the nonsense (guns are bad mmkay) he wants without any stats on his side...he's provided nothing, but guns are bad mmkay, but you see it as winning because you view it the same way

BTW, if guns are so dangerous, why is not Israel and Switz in the same boat as the US? How come we have higher amount of guns in this country and lower violent crime rates compared to other nations?

20. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Hank maybe a hypocrite but he is allowed his view (even if it's totally off base). I really don't see the Admin holding him to a different standard. He blows a lot of smoke up our skirts but we're men DAMN it, we can take it. He just has a different view of the world than we do and we have to let ourselves know that as far as America goes, he only knows what he reads and when have they started to print good news? We're here living our life, trying to enjoy our freedoms and rights everyday. Hell one of our states motto is "Live Free or Die". Now that is a state of mind. I'll live MY life the way I see fit. As long as I don't interfer in other's lives, they should not interfer in mine. As long as I don't jeopardize anybody elses lives or do any bodily harm to them, they have no right telling me what I can or can not do. Especially in the confines of my own home or the land that I paid for and continue to pay taxes on.