750 watts of LED over 25 sq.ft

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by ducrider, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Must of been skunky then.

2. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Once you play with a PAR meter in your garden, you'll wonder how you ever got along without one. Seriously, it's an awesome investment, especially if you play with LEDs. I found that I was a really crappy judge of light level. I'm getting better at it, now that I can actually measure it.

Ducrider, riding goggles are needed the garden... LOL

3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

5AC1F0FD-007D-407A-B84C-1CF559AF6E2F.jpeg I’ve decided to replace a few more Indus bars with COBs and add a a little more fire plower to boot in the flowering rooms. Opted to save a few bucks and go with the Vera 29 cons in lieu of the Cree units this time. Should be a fun build.

Duc

bigbudztoo and Justcheckingitout like this.
  4. Justcheckingitout

Sweet!

5. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

That looks like it ought to light up things really well.

What temperature do you run your garden?

OS

6. ducrider

OS, Historically my flower rooms have been running in the mid 80's during the summer & 77 or so when it's cooler out. The COBs combined with a 140mm pin heat sink run about 10-15 deg cooler than the Indus bars do so I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep the rooms cooler this year. The smaller of the two rooms is 5x5 and with (19) cobs I am able to have corner to corner coverage with 900w (up from750) of LED. The Indus bars worked really well but at 20-24" above the canopy each bar only covered about 14" of which only 12 was er... looked like full intensity. Plus they have about zero foot print off each end of the bar so the corners of the room were not lit very well. The other room is 5x6 also with 900w of LED but because this shit isn't cheap I'm using a combination of both COBs and Indus bars.

Duc

HeadCase likes this.
  7. ducrider

So far I’m loving the new lights and I’m pretty sure the plants are as well. It’s not so much the addional 150w as it is the larger foot print. The 4x4 rack of 18 cobs covers my 5x5 room corner to corner allowing me to spread the plants out a bit. I’ll be flipping them in the next day or so. F199E0DD-FFCA-49FD-B10C-0A5C324DD0A0.jpeg

8. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

They are looking good ducrider!

9. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Very nice.....don't poke an eye out! :roll:

Yes....I've been hitting the :animbong: and it's loaded with GG#4. Whoooooweeee!

10. Justcheckingitout

Thats what I'm talking about....sweet set up.

11. ducrider

Thanks check,

One week in and the space has filled in comer to corner. Man I’m telling you I should’ve made the switch to COB’s a long time ago.

12. ducrider

13. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Very nice indeed.

14. Justcheckingitout

Thats going to be a huge haul.

15. ducrider

Man I hope so. The Indus bars as good as they were could never match the footprint of a rack of COBs.

16. Justcheckingitout

How far you space the cobs?

17. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

That room is bright! Looking good ducrider! :beerchug:

18. ducrider

On the two 5 cob racks they’re about 9” on center and about 11” OC on the two inner 4 Cob racks. The racks are approximately 12” apart.

I’m gonna need more stakes :D

19. ducrider

Thanks boss

20. Justcheckingitout

I know I ask a million questions but are those stakes a personal preference? I think I remember seeing someone else here use them. Just curious if they were special or just reg stakes? .