Herb's 2018 outdoor grow.

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Herb, Jun 2, 2018.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I don't care either, it's having to confront some asshat ripper that gets in my head at this time of year.

Herb likes this.
  2. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

They look so good I can smell em from here :)

MAD MAX

Herb likes this.
  3. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

True that.....I thought the exact same thing this morning while out looking at the girls. This is about the time when 'asshats' go thinking they found a great score when they find your crop and fail to realize that it's FAR from time to harvest. Nothing worse than a Ripper IMO. Damn low lifes.

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Herb, looking good my friend. They should fill in nicely with the sun!

Herb likes this.
  5. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

They are getting fatter by the day! :sun:

6. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Update September 11:

Not much to report on the girls this round so I'll leave it with a couple pics.

Outdoor Grow 09 10 18 002.jpg Outdoor Grow 09 10 18 005.jpg

7. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Your experience sure does show in these plants my friend. They look great. Did you trim fan leaves in flower? Those are going to be some donkey buds.

Herb likes this.
  8. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Thanks man. I have done no trimming and no feeding. This is an experiment on how well the plants will do using only composted soil and water. The buds may not be as large as they could be if I fed them but that's OK. I did see some mites move in this week. Kinda pissin' me off...I HATE mites. I won't spray anything on them so will have to wait and see what happens. So far they aren't too bad.

Sorry for no update this week. I've been sick as a dog.

9. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I've had some mite issues too. I've been blasting the plants with water a couple of times per week, in the morning so I don't get mold. It seems to be helping. Are you seeing any caterpillars? I've not seen any of those little bastards yet.

10. Mrgreengenes

Guys I use a product called NOR CAL 86
    You have to use the product every other day right before lights out or as the sun is setting.
    The stuff works great!
    4E877180-62BC-46B4-8720-9208B5B18DDC.jpeg

11. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

No caterpillars. Been pretty much pest free until now. The mites only seem to be on the Chocolate Cream so far and those will be coming down very soon.

12. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Funny thing happened yesterday. My wife and I are leaving for vacation tomorrow and I'm having my parents stay here at our place to watch our new pup. Well they stopped by yesterday to get filled in on everything they need to do while we're away and my dad happened to park 10 feet from my outdoor grow area. Both of them got out and started looking around and my mom asks me..."Do you have a skunk around here?" I started cracking up and took them over to see the 'skunk'. My mom and dad are both pro-pot now after years of showing them that the stereotypes are a bunch of BS but they really haven't had all that much exposure. Well they got exposed yesterday. :roll: At least to the fragrant aroma of our favorite plant. :animbong:

HeadCase and Mrgreengenes like this.
  13. Mrgreengenes

Same thing happen with my in-laws they came to the house one day and both of them said it smells like a skunk was around the house. It was my girls! LOL

Max Rockatansky and Herb like this.
  14. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Update October 1:

The garden looks like Hell but smells like Heaven. :smokin:

So I went in and washed the Chocolate Cream of mites as best I could before I went on a short trip with my wife. The water weight toppled them over and they are just too heavy to perk back up now, but they are fattening up nicely and the mites were knocked back pretty good. Chocolate Cream comes down this week.

The mites haven't been TOO bad since I washed them off but I do see they are making their way over to the other plants now. Nothing serious but I'm keeping a close eye on them just the same. I may do another wash once I get the CC's out of the grow area. Right now it's just too cramped in there.

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 001.jpg

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 002.jpg

Some CC terminals.

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 005.jpg

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 008.jpg

The Hashchis.

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 010.jpg

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 011.jpg

Sweet Soma.

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 013.jpg

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 014.jpg

AK Widow47.

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 015.jpg

Gorilla Bomb.

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 023.jpg

15. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

A view from the back of the grow space.

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 017.jpg

OutdoorGrow10 01 18 021.jpg

Max Rockatansky and Mrgreengenes like this.
  16. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

Fat N juicy man Looking good Herb :)

Herb likes this.
  17. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Looking mighty fine man!

Herb likes this.
  18. Mrgreengenes

Im enjoying the show Herb!

Herb likes this.
  19. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Def a out door show.

Herb likes this.
  20. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Funny story....Shortly after posting this last update I had my bi-annual neighbor and the electric company guy both become aware of my grow. My neighbor, who lives in the LA area and only uses this house as a vacation home, showed up and came over just as PG&E showed up out of the blue to change out my meter....it's a smart meter and seems it wasn't communicating anymore and needed to be replaced. Well my outdoor grow space is all of 10 feet from the meter...I really had no choice in the matter so I proceed to take the PG&E guy to the meter with my neighbor in tow. At this point it was useless to try and hide anything so I just acted like it was no big deal....which to me it isn't. Neither of them said a word and the PG&E guy sat there for a while talking to me about my solar. I guess he is wanting solar on his house and he had a bunch of questions. Soon as the PG&E guy takes off (45 mins later) my neighbor asks me about my grow. I told him I was following the county's guidelines to a 'T' and only grew for my own personal consumption to which he responds......"My sister grew some before but they weren't nearly as pretty as yours." :roll: I guess he has no problem with me growing...not that I care. I'm in compliance with the laws. :bigok: Still...having lived in a world where fear of incarceration is a real thing I was a bit nervous. I guess I just wait and see what happens next. I did harvest the terminals on the CC yesterday...not out of fear mind you...just time for the chop. I did leave the lower buds on the plants to fatten up some more.

CCHarvestA 004.jpg