Led for clones?

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by Justcheckingitout, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Ok...so i normally put my clones right in my veg spot, no dome. they sit lower away from light and never would loose any clones for the most part.

Now i am going to build the super stealth box/closet/room, i am going to put a clone shelf above the veg spot. Mad max suggest a wire shelf to help with ambient light on the clones from the veg spot, Sounds like a good idea.
    My main question is would something like a led onyx bloom light be to much light for clones in a dome for my clone shelf? I wasnt sure if I should just stick with my shop light 2-22" grow bulb old school that is pretty much fool proof. Here is a rough drawing of my set up i am going to build. 20190129_205733.jpg

2. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I'm still cloning without a dome, in my dehumidifier box with a 7W CFL. Really Mickey Mouse but it still works for 2-4 clones at a time.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

3. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

Sweet n simple
    I like that idea Old Smokey

MAD MAX

4. Justcheckingitout

I got a clone dome to give you if you dont have one We can use it for the first cloning lesson while you are over helping me with stealth cab. It's going to be nice to have a all led stealth cab (well prob flo's for clones) Right now the done is almost full so we will have to fill it the rest of the way for ya. Better make plenty of room.
    :beerchug:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Max Rockatansky likes this.
  5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Why expensive LED for clones when cheap HO T5's work just as well and are near equal for energy efficiency?

6. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

i just use a 40 watt full spectrum bulb over the cloner and get good roots in 11-13 days.

7. Justcheckingitout

i got a few extra led lights, but i think i am going to put my 5 bulb t5 light for clone spot. Check out my new box I am building on the DIY fourm. Its sweet!

8. Justcheckingitout

Yeah i got a 2 bulb 22inch shop light with grow bulbs now i am using. They work great I am prob going to use my t5 light since it puts out better light for the clones. I think my onyx bloom light would be to much.