LEDS

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Serenity420, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Serenity420

Serenity420 Begun Flowering

So theres alot of options out there and I'm looking to get anyone's input from experience, I baught a king plus3000w on amazon to experiment with.

It was 300+ tax etc..

Wondering what you guys think of this particular led or any other led in similair class or price point, using them for flowering ?

Hows the bud density etc..

Been using 1000w hps my whole life and thinking of changing it up

2. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

I'm not familiar, but I'm curious what amperage that actually draws if you have the means and also what the dataplate says for amps, just out of curiosity

Sure looks impressive :pimp:

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I use rapid leds...best ones are the cob rack mounted ones...i will dig up some links.

4. Justcheckingitout

5. Serenity420

Serenity420 Begun Flowering

6. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Established Healthy Roots

This is a start to finish thread using a 185 watt at the wall .. It really depends on how you grow.. The light cost me $500., I tried to use all the light I paid for, thus the reflective panels'..
    https://forum.growkind.com/threads/rdwc-waterloo-scrog-ds-200-led.46375/
    I tried the led path, I don't quite understand compareing led to hid.. I do believe my 315 cmh in a waterfarm can hit 1.5 gpw, in a 3x3 screen....

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  7. Justcheckingitout

The cob lights are the best I have used. I know there is 2 other top knotch growers here who will tell you the same. The lights have a dimmer switch you can you them for both veg and flower if needed. You can also pick which leds you want in them. I use mine for flower and big buds and dence (strain dependent) but as far as all the other leds...the cobs have def been the best for a few of us. I would go as far to say if I knew you I would guarentee you would be happy with them or I would buy them..lol. the one i got has 5 cobs (sep leds, they are huge) and I get a 2' x 5' grow spot easy...more like 3' x 5-6'. Defending on your grow room/spot you can ad another rack. The price is a few bucks more than the square smaller leds but the pay back is more than worth it, and mine was paid for first grow, so after more than a few grows later...its a homerun.

I will look for a couple other grows I know a couple other guys here posted some.

8. Justcheckingitout

Nice grow! I remember that thread.