flowering before maturity?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by SkankyRatbag, Dec 22, 2006.

1. SkankyRatbag

SkankyRatbag Germinator

Well, i'm in a bit of a predicament. I have 3 plants around 6 - 6 1/2 weeks old, they seem quite small-the tallest is 23cm and only the oldest is only starting to develop alternating nodes. Heres the thing tho, in 10 weeks i will be leaving for the land of Oz for a month and have no one i could really trust to look after the plants while im gone.
    So my question is, considering ill need at least 8 weeks to flower them, then a week/10 days to dry them and another few to get them ready for curing while im gone, would it be alright to stick them into flower within the next couple of days so i may have a chance of harvest before i leave? would there be much of a downside?

thanks in advance,
    Skanky

2. wiseman

wiseman Outlaw Grower

It sounds like you dont have much choice but to flower them, the down side would be smaller yield, but, i would flip them to 12/12 now, and harvest what you can from them in 8 weeks time. You might get close to an ounce per plant? Just a guess. Good luck dude, and have a great time down here in OZ.

3. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

you are fine to go ahead and flower. it won't hurt a thing. if you have one that is alternating the others prolly are already alternating or not far behind. go ahead.

4. SkankyRatbag

SkankyRatbag Germinator

thanks for the quick replies guys, guess theyll be repotted and switched over to 12/12 this evening! not long to go now...

wiseman, a friend of mines just back from oz, i think he was in perth most of the time and he was tellin me that in certain areas its legal to grow up to 4 plants for personal consumption? is this true? am planning to take a trip upto nimbin but dont know if time will allow.... but i take it its realitivly easy to get decent quality green in most places?

cheers again lads

5. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Nimbin

they have a mardi grass in Nimbin...in the Cannabible 2 they have a whole section dedicated to bud from over there...looks wild...they show a field that has to have 2000 plants

you should check this out...http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/

my favorite Hemp Olymix with its bong throwing contest and blindfolded joint rolling competition...http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/2005/index.html

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

your plants will stretch/thicken anyway during 12/12...

....your plants will take a stretch during 1st few wks of 12/12 anyway so dont worry bout your plants seeming puny.... i've flowered clones that size and still got a reasonable yield at the end of iot all,just less weight as ppl have mentioned.Good luck.Oz is a great place to grow weed as im sure you'll find out...very laidback,the best of all the british colonies... and it was for crims aswell,lol:laughing5: Peace:)

7. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Yep Again!

Go ahead my friend, flowering from NOW, will/should be NO-Problem at all, and you should No-Problem getting a HARVEST fromthem in time for your travels!!!

Peace Out,

UrBigBuddie..........:punk: :punk: :punk: :sign13: :)