Purple Strains

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by 420, Dec 20, 2006.

1. 420

420 KING

I’m interested in a purple strain, maybe Black Russian, or Purple Haze,

something that'll give a vibrant bright purple, something that will strike aw to all whom see it, but also of the highest quality. Yield doesn’t have to be great, as long as its bomb ass purple buds.

Preferably Sativa, I don’t give a shit how long it takes to flower, I have learned that sativa’s are well worth the wait. No dark ass purple though, it turns brown after curing,

Any thoughts or experiences?

2. acom

acom New Sprout

mmm puurple

3. Harryhood

Harryhood Guest

Lavender by soma seeds is a good purple sativa.

Thank You,

Mr.Minor

4. 420

420 KING

I have considered lavender, but I hear that pheno that they show to sell seeds is very rare, I have seen alot lavender plants with no purps at all.

Im looking for something bright colorful and potent. Some eye candy:5propeller:

5. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I have never grown any purple strains but i heard that u have to make ur room cold or grow out side in order to get the purple out. It has something to do with a cemical changing at a certin temp to make the purp. color. But i could be totaly wrong, Its somthin i read on a forum. any help People, HICK?, URBIGBUDDY?,SMARMY ARMY,WANNONA, someone? I kinda wanted to know if this is true myself.

But good luck on that one and merry x-mas(5 DAY'S AWAY)

6. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

So i did some quick reserch on the web and i found this other article.

How can I turn my plants purple?

My outdoor plants turn purple or red. How can I do this inside? Does lowering the temperature work?

Plants of some varieties turn purple when temperatures dip down to the low 50'sºF (12-13ºC). Since the variety that you have been growing outdoors has this characteristic, you can induce it to change color by lowering the temperature of the grow space during the dark period. Bring the temperature down for several hours daily for about a week. Your plants will purple.

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/4307.html

7. Harryhood

Harryhood Guest

Well since your going for a sativa your options are some what limited. The late harvest cool room trick is mostly for indicas. You may want to try purple star, purple power plant, or spirit of 76. Purps is a good one but it's clone only. You alsom may want to try breeding a purple indica with one of your fine sativas and see what shakes out. I have seen super silver plants exhibit purpling but only in a few phenos. Good luck.

Thank You,

Mr.Minor

8. Harryhood

Harryhood Guest

I have no idea if this will help you at all just saw it and copied it for ya.

Thank you,

Mr.Minor

Today, 12:58 PM

smalltimeinc

Germinated Join Date: Feb 2006

purple maxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just found this product I have been unaware of. It is called purple max and it claims to help purple plants develope a darker color and also produce more resin and dencer buds.

I have just planted some blue mystic seeds and was thinking about using this stuff, so if anyone has used this, do you recommend it? Also, when, how much, and how often do you use it for soil mediums?