Cloning from a flowered plant?

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Justcheckingitout, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Can someone give me a rule of thumb about how long you can clone a plant that is already started in flower? Does it take away from the vigor of the clone if taken from a flowered plant?

2. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I've done it. Took at least a week or two longer to root than normal. The clone itself will have to reveg so expect it to take a while before new growth.

3. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Takes a little longer but the best success I have seen is with a aero-cloner when doing flowered clones. I have done tons of them.

t6

4. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I've been cloning as late as week 5 with my aero-cloner. Jugg is right about the reveg, too. My Jesus OG rooted within 2 weeks, and has been showing signs of reveg since it entered the solo cup. They take a little while to recover, but if you wait for full veg to start again, you won't have issues with a loss of vigor or anything like that. You just can't take cuts off of the reveging plants. Those clones would have messed up growth and a lack of vigor.

I recommend using an aero-cloner, if you want it to work, though. I haven't had much luck with rooting flowering clones, when it comes to Rapid rooters and dirt.