Glaceau Smartwater

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by WillGrow4Food, Apr 14, 2009.

1. WillGrow4Food

WillGrow4Food Toker Extraordinaire

I have a friend who puts Glaceau Smartwater in his reserve for his hydroponic system, he recommended I try it for soil. Said it had some nutrients in there.

So I looked and here's what it has

Calcium Chloride
    Magnesium Chloride
    Potassium Bicarbonate

Of course it seemed like an expensive way to go too, but I looked and while it may be cheaper than most corporation propaganda water (especially Glaceau) it still comes in at $1.29 per quart. So I doubt you should be using it in mass quantities, but maybe mix it with RO water?

Now obviously it couldn't replace ferts all together but what do you guys think? Has anyone tried it? Or does someone like skunky know if there is any scientific truth to this working at all, if any?

2. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

Plain old Cal/Mag would be alot cheaper. Plus any amount in the water is just a trace. One tablespoon of your standard Cal/Mag supplement would probably be equal to a thousand bottles of that water.

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I doubt it would help ANYTHING, probably hurt because of the other chemicals they use to make it pretty.....Buy a bag of lime and some Epsom salt for your cal/mag. There are a lot cheaper options out there other than a $2 bottle of water.

4. WillGrow4Food

WillGrow4Food Toker Extraordinaire

Yeah I wasn't planning on doing it just because of the price, I was just curious about whether or not it would actually have any benefits.

Thanks though