Hash

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by bncooldude13, Oct 14, 2010.

1. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

So how much hash can I get per plant?

And can you vaporize hash? :anibong:

thnx, Pce

2. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

It all depends on the plant size and quality of her buds, and to a lesser extent your method of hash production. If you start with dirt weed you'll probably only get, well, nothing. High quality super sticky homegrown strains will give you much more.

I've only dry screened buds for kief, which is basically uncompressed hash, and generally I get about 10% of the original bud weight. In my case 10.0g buds yields 1.0g hash. Based on what I've read some people get up to 15% when dry screening, and I think other methods like bubble bags can produce more.

3. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

well my experience with making hash isnt quite at all the amounts in the above post...screening can perhaps add more weight maybe due to higher veg material in the end product but bubble hash ive made is even less due to a more (pure tricome) count in the end product...also perhaps that ive only used sativas for this and the tricomes are smaller than that of indicas....trim leafs will get ya far less then bud material for sure and yes there are alot of differences that will get more or less end product...but....just to get ya an idea of what i typically get from my trim leaf and popcorn bud from material i saved from past harvests is (1/3rd) trim and 2/3rds small bud that weigh out to 6 oz will land me 18 grams of sativa bubble hash with diff grades....you could get more....er less????? good luck in you hash making...bubble is AWSOME!!!!!

4. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

That's right at 10%, wwboy. 10.5% to be precise. You're probably correct about having some plant material in the kief when dry screening, but screens come in different micron sizes just like bags, so you can minimize plant material and maximize trikes. The only reference for the 15% figure (that I remember) is this youtube video. He says 10-15% is typical. I've never tried bags, but if one day I grow more than a few ounces I'll definitely try them.

5. bncooldude13

Well my signature link will show you how many plants im aiming at. What would be your guess?

6. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

Way more than you can smoke! It looks like your girls are very healthy. You have 3 x 600W HPS for flowering? If you get a great result and hit 1.0 grams per watt that's 1,800g or about 63 ounces. Are you going to make hash from the whole crop including buds? That would be about 6oz hash. If you're only using trim, then it's much less obviously. Of course, you may only produce 0.5 grams per watt. It's all wild speculation this early in the game.

7. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

Fucking LOL @ Vapor hits of straight hash. I bet that shit would wreck you.

8. bncooldude13

thank you all for your help and I am definety going with the bubble bags. I also will be using only trim. Another question, how much does a 'g' of hash usually run?

9. bncooldude13

thats what we're going for...lmao

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I invested in bubble bags & usually get 10% return. Trim & popcorn.

I don't sell it. I may gift alittle, but I mostly save for myself. Great nightcap; puts me out.

You can get great deals re: BB's on Ebay. I paid like $42 or something.

11. bncooldude13

Ya i knew you were an expert to them bags. Seen u giving advice in dif post. Thnx bro

Thnx Mellow and Tech.

Mellow i am just going to do the trims, and save the popcorn buds for smoke.

Tech lol i am with you bro, it sounds Amazing

12. Towelieee

Towelieee you wanna get high?

You will love making your own hash...I have found the vape to waste some of the hash when you try to vape it. Although it is possible to vaporize, I prefer to smoke the hash because of the fine quality. Late Night hits at the lake always seem to wake me from a drunken stupor, but if I'm sitting at home alone 7-8 big hits will almost always put me out of it...

Also, its always a bit disappointing to see the small amount you get after all the trim and everything, but I love watching people hack their lungs out even when I warn them not to take a big hit, gets people so dam stoned(including myself)...sry for the rambling post, had a few too many :beerchug-2:

I almost forgot, looks like you will have a large amount of trim after you dry all those plants. My advice would be to dry out all the trim first, then freeze it for at least a few hours before you make hash. I have found if you hand stir the hash the quality will be very pure. After that give it another round with a mixer at high speed, then the rest you can redry and use in cannabutter. Good luck man and awesome looking grow!:bong-2: :passsit:

13. bncooldude13

Thanks Towelieee.