AMAZING NEW STRAIN DISCOVERED

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Chiefa Reefa, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Chiefa Reefa

Chiefa Reefa Germinated

I was on Marc Emery's seed site just today and found this on the site:
    Auto Flowering. ‘Cannabis lowryderus’
    Lowryder is a new variety of drug cannabis with unique characteristics.
    Aptly named for its low profile (both literally and figuratively), Lowryder was developed for extreme rapid growth (life cycle is 8 weeks from seed to bud!), uniquely short height, and amazing versatility.
    Passing directly from the seedling to the flowering stage, Lowryder altogether does away with the vegetative growth stage, in a process we like to call autoflowering. In other words, you plant it, it sprouts, grows a couple sets of leaves, then immediately and automatically begins flowering (males at about day 17, females at day 20). As a result, it is the quickest, most compact, and most easily concealed plant available.
    Autoflowering: A Revolution in Cannabis Cultivation
    Indoors, Lowryder completely eliminates the need to induce flowering by reduction of day-light hours; indeed, it eliminates the need for a timer, period. It will grow consistently well and finish under 24 hours of light, from sprouting to harvest, in eight weeks, although you can achieve similar results with 18 hours of light per day, if you like to give your room time to cool down, for example. The point is, with Lowryder, there is no need for a change in the light period to induce flowering, nor is it necessary to have separate vegetative and flowering rooms.
    Outdoors, Lowryder can easily be kept concealed because of its small size and early flowering, whether planted in fields, in gardens, on patios or even on windowsills. When planted in the spring, it will produce ripe bud earlier than any available variety. It can be planted, grown and harvested several times per season (in one’s backyard for instance), without attracting undue attention. Due to its lightning-fast life cycle (8 weeks), Lowryder can be planted up to early August. It can be easily and successfully grown in the most unlikely locations, from Alaska and Canada’s Arctic (Lowryder will flower and finish in the continuous light of Arctic summers) to the urban apartment balconies of the world!
    Having no vegetative stage, Lowryder can’t be cloned or regenerated, for all intents and purposes. Replanting seeds is a must. But then, this plant’s unique advantages do away with any reason for cloning in the first place. In any case, seeds are easier to transport and handle between two countries or parties – Lowryder seeds in particular are quick to germinate and have a high success rate (germination approaches 100%).
    To complement its unique characteristics, Lowryder’s final appearance, taste, and high, have nothing to envy of the finer weed varieties, an excellent smoke with high potency and amazing resin production. You almost have to see it grow before your own eyes to believe it, but the proof is here. Lowryder is stable and reliable in its properties, a product of nine generations of selective breeding, and is non-deviant and hermaphrodite-free. Lowryder claims direct descendance from superior William’s Wonder and Northern Lights no.2 indica, as well as a more exotic, virtually unknown short variety believed to be descended from “Mexican Ruderalis,” an experimental cross created over 25 years ago.
    Lowryder’s unique genetic and practical advantages insure it will find an important niche in the world of fine cannabis, as well as the medical user’s backyard pharmacopoeia.
    More info on Lowryder will appear in Ed Rosenthal’s book “The Big Book of Buds II” and the upcoming
    Edited by Marc Scott Emery (Thu Jul 08 2004 10:17 PM)
    Flowering time 8 weeks start to finish.

2. Disturbed1980

Disturbed1980 Full Flowering

That sounds just wonderful, it would be perfect for my situation.

3. Hicountry2

Hicountry2 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

"No cloning, No regeneration." Sure as hell not economical.

4. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

gimmick

emery runs his business as a business and nothing more. he is interested in two things: profits and increasing profits. if he truly cared about his customers he would focus on breeding quality strains instead of crap like this lowryder. but that's just my opinion, and i'm sure some of you will call me a pessimist, dickface, *******, pussy, etc. go for it. you're only wasting your time because i don't give a ****. :smokin:

5. Hicountry2

Hicountry2 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

damn...'dood with a 'tude ;)

but I agree with your opinion of Nark Emery..

6. HappyJay

HappyJay Red Eyed Jedi

I agree with Mellow.

Emery has done nothing but give me greif and I personally wouldn't piss on him him if he were on fire.

Aswell that jkust sounds like a new cross or name for ruderillus strain that has no practical use or potency in a grow room.

My 2 cents.

7. HappyJay

HappyJay Red Eyed Jedi

Oh, and Ruderillus is actually native to Russia and colder climates, and is a pest weed, not exotic.

8. 420solo

420solo Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yea I agree Mark is a poor rep for our cause, but did he breed this plant or just sell it?

9. greenthumb420

greenthumb420 Hash Engineer

Lowrider has been around for a year now. Personally, something that is auto flowering and not able to produce a mum plus a very low yielder is not worth keeping in my book.

10. SMOKEYtheBEAR

SMOKEYtheBEAR Cured Fat Sticky Bud

For myself it would be great, im not too intrested in high yields or cloning, too advanced for this bear as of now, and i'm very impatient so sounds perfect, where can i get some beans? :pimp:

11. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

you can throw away your money here:

http://www.emeryseeds.com/company-63.html

a side note: that was the first time i went to emery's website, and i must say it sucks ass. :LOL: i could make a better looking design in less than an hour.

12. Chiefa Reefa

Chiefa Reefa Germinated

Mellow, I think you have some beef with Marc Emery for some reason. If you were from BC you would think different. Marc Emery is head of the BC MARIJUANA PARTY and hes fighting for our rights so take a chill pill and smoke a dub.

13. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

i'm sure he's a big mj advocate. whether for business/publicity reasons or for the rights of other canadians, i don't know. i do know that many people in the states have been ripped off by him, meaning they never received seeds for which they paid lots of money (way too much if you shop around). this new lowryder strain is obviously just something he's trying to push so he can make more money. i'm simply trying to be a consumer advocate.

in case you haven't figured it out by now, i hate greedy business people.

14. Disturbed1980

he does have extremely expensive ****. when something sounds to good to be true its probably false, but if it does do what you say then I would definatly try it out, just for experimental kicks.

15. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

16. Disturbed1980

actually I take back what i said they dont yeild enough to spark any interest, unless it was extemely high qualitly **** I wouldnt **** with these.

17. burns 420

burns 420 Full Flowering

this is good news,

mellowdude,-calm down buddie marc emery does a lot of good work to legalise ganja worldwide, what do you do?,

very excitied to hear about this strain and its potential

to be crossed with skunk 1# ,

18. rockatansky

rockatansky Developed Alternating Nodes

I havve grown lowryder that was supplied by Mojojo. It is very stealthy but not a high yeilder for sure. Could be a nice plant to breed for your self. I am on the second generation in one summer from this plant, so there are some advantages. I am using this expereince to prepare for next year.

Max Rockatansky

19. Disturbed1980

how is the quality of lowryder.

20. rockatansky

rockatansky Developed Alternating Nodes

The smoke wasn't too bad. I still have alot of work to do though. I am starting with organics and the lowryders at the same time so its kinda difficult to say. I hope to improve the quality of the smoke, but its much better than normal street quality.

Max Rockatansky