What are best Nutrients you have used during flower???

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Sativa7, May 7, 2009.

1. Sativa7

Sativa7 Germinated

I am going to be starting my flowering cycle in the next few weeks i am just vegging my plants organically right now i normally use super thrive and Dutch Master Gold Veg Part A Part B and then Use the dutch master gold flowering Part A Part B i was looking to maybe try something different any suggestions if it helps strains are Grand Daddy Purple and Blue Dream any suggestion would help thank you for reading this post!!!

2. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

A few months ago, I switched from Dutch Master to General Hydroponics Flora Series, and I wish I had switched sooner. Don't get me wrong, I love the DM stuff, but there are so many products in the line, and it's really a hassle if you have plants in several different stages at the same time. The GH nutes are 3 parts (plus a bloom booster of choice), and have ph buffers that automatically adjust ph to the ideal range (usually, I just have to adjust a little on the weaker concentrations). They are simple, easy to use, and produce like crazy.

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

hey carpenter

I use the gh three part series nutes. Plus their cool bloom. Is there a diff between the flora series and the three part???

teamster6

4. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

As far as I know, the Flora is the only 3 part system GH offers, everything else is 2 part.

5. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Flora series is the 3 part.

FloraNova is the one part. (One bottle for veg, one for flower). You dont need the grow. Just the bloom, 8 ml per gallon throughout the whole grow.

It is organic, so 3 week flush is required for proper burning buds. The simplest and easiest fert regimen for soil. Produces damn good too.

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

nutes

yea useless has it I was thinking you were useing the flora nova or the two part stuff. I was just wondering if they are about the same.

teamster6

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Gh 3-part is good. The next best thing without having to buy a million and one products like with the dutch masters or something like advanced nutrients is botanicare pure blend pro. Only extras you may need will be cal-mag and sweet. The advanced nutrients 2+ program works alright but to get the yields they claim for it you got to use a good deal of additives. Nothing wrong with that just more to mess up and to hassle with, more geared towards more experienced growers who don't mind spending the money.

I use GH 3 part + botanicare Sweet berry, When I exhaust those I will probably go back to the bontanicare products for a few more rounds to see if I can do any better with them now and if its a better choice cost wise in the end.

8. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

Any one use Growtek GenX 3part?

I wanted to use GH 3 part but its nearly $10 more per 1L bottle over the growtek....Growtek here is $11/L for the bloom, Micro and Grow......GH flora is $18/L bloom, Micro and Grow.

is GH worth the extra cash over the Growtek GenX?

http://www.grotek.net/products/guide/category.asp?category=nutrients

plus they are Canadian and GH is American and I like to support my Canadian vendors but I'm not loosing yield or potency for it.....lol...

9. skunky

I've never used it before but I know here it is more expensive than the GH stuff, so the price thing probably just has to do with import tax or some shit. I'd check around I bet its probably alright. Probably have to scour other forums for info though, I don't know of anyone on here who has used it.

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I'm into simplicity. Neptune's Harvest fish/kelp emulsion (2n-3p-1k) for veg with a little unsulphured molasses and Neptune's Harvest Fish Emulsion (2n-4p-1k) for flower. Been thinking of trying NH Super Humate in the next garden as a general mineral additive. Almost impossible to burn with these.

Whatever you use, my advice is once you get into expensive ferts to try and stick with one manufacturer's line of products. Easier to track problems IMHO.

cheers,

11. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Thanks USELESS, Im adding the FloraNova bloom to my shopping list ;)

GFam

12. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Where does the Fox Farm line fall into this ranking scale?

13. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

ya its 100% import duties and brokerage I will take a look around thanks for the tip!....I don't mind popping for GH if its better but with nearly $30 difference for all 3 parts is a lot to spend for zero benefits.

14. skunky

Hmm I've had friends use it in soil and they liked it, but I used it in hydro and didn't like it. pH drifted something horrible. Though those guys had never used anything else besides FF so they had no other comparison. One thing though is it seems to be used up a little too fast compared to the GH and others I used. Idk maybe that was just me though. Though I was able to keep everything in check and it didn't produce any better than the GH.

15. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Thanks Skunky, it sounds like all in all, its a preferance or what works for your specific grow and type of medium......Im going to be trying out the ROOTS ORGANICS line soon and will judge for myself on that one. Thanks for the opinion

16. cheebamonkey

cheebamonkey Harvested Frosty Nugs

I use the GH Flora 3 part, with cal-mag and sweet.

I love it, its simple and you can find deals on it, 3 gallons for $75 you cant beat it. Try Ebay for some good deals!

It produces some of the best smoke ive ever grown indoors.

17. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

This thread couldn't have come at a better time. I was just about to start my new hempy grow and was trying to decide what to go with. I thought I was dead set on Botanicare but now it's sounding like GH might be the way to go. Wait.......maybe this didn't help. I'm confused:icon_confused:

18. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

ha, im using the ff three part for my hempys(plus calmag...r/o water).......i have the same problem.....no matter what strength i use for my feeding......way light or slightly heavy, no matter what i have to flush at least once a week because the ph dives badly......not sure if its something im doin or what...but ima try the botanicare line once the ff runs out.

19. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Miracle grow muti purpose for veg and chempak low nitrogen for flowering. I use B'cuzz bloom booster and super thrive too. Cheap as chips. lol

20. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

....is that the Bloombastic? I have just started using Bloombastic as an additive in conjunction with the GH Flora Series and I'm looking forward to the results! I got a free promotional bottle, the guy promoting it at the Cannatrade Hemp Fair swore it will bring bigger harvest, but who knows man...do you have any experiences with it? tips? hints?....i already know it makes the lemonade's PH rise, but any other experiences would be nice to know:wink: