plink! headshot!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by scoobydoobie, Nov 3, 2008.

1. scoobydoobie

scoobydoobie Germinated

Well I kinda feel bad for the tree-rats, but hey they've been living in the circa-1890 barn and tearing ish up in there and we can't have that, can we?

So I tried to live-trap 'em, but there's such an abundance of food around around here that they're not inclined to go near the trap.

What's a fella to do? Poisoning them is pretty F-ed up.

The only logical choice is a clean headshot with a Daisy hollow point pellet backed by ten pumps of the Crosman 66 Powermaster. plink!

the Blue Jays were for practice and sighting-in muh scope...I didn't have any soda cans handy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. weedgrl

weedgrl Metalhead

Is that dinner?? :icon_confused:

3. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Dude! You're shooting Blue Jays?!!!!!! Why? :angry:

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

:qleft7:

I live out in the sticks and we have to take our own trash to the dump. In order to keep the coons out of it I built a cage of sorts to keep my trash and recyclables in until I take it in every other month or so. So I'm out there the other day pulling all the stinky bags out and loading the truck, and these 2 big ol' rats (real rats, not tree rats) go running out the back. One runs under a trailer and down into the weeds. The other one runs up into a nearby tree. I set everything down and casually walk the 200 ft back to the house. I grab my trusty shotgun and walk back out there. By this time the rat was way up the tree, almost out of site, and sitting motionless...but he made a most fatal mistake and moved. BLAM!! nothing left to even clean up. Never did find the other one...lucky for him.

Shotguns are AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

Where I am, Blue Jays are the bullies of the bird world. Them and the Woodpeckers. They are just mean suckers. If you have a feeder, the Blue Jays will take it over and not let any other birds feed. They will attack other birds relentlessly. Them and the Woodpeckers are considered pests....Oh, and the squirrels too.

5. scoobydoobie

scoobydoobie Germinated

thanks

6. scoobydoobie

scoobydoobie Germinated

Nope, just pest control. I only take out the tree-rats that take up residence in the barn, because they're doing damage to it, but every time I take one out, another one moves in within days. I took out number four yesterday.

7. scoobydoobie

scoobydoobie Germinated

Sometimes I think about buying a holster so I can roll strapped with my Daisy CO2-powered BB pistol. I had a close-up opportunity for a rat shot just the other day, but I was sans piece and about a hundred yards from the cottage.

8. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

LOL..............

I just use the shotgun good for ALL vermits animal and human....

LMAO

MADDER THAN A HATTER MAX

9. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

What an ASSHOLE!!!! I hope someone pulls out their BB gun when you are walking down the street....Better yet come walk down my street!

10. Confused420

Confused420 Full Flowering

squirl is really tasty it could be dinner.

blue jays are shitty birds i always chase em outta my feeders cause they tend to make a mess and throw the seed around

the last couple of weeks doves have been in season here so it has been doves with the .22 they are small but taste great

11. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

wtf

not exactly what i thought i would be seeing.. dead critters.. tasty.. what an off thread.

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

What's Wrong With You??

Like Psycho said....BlueJay's?!!

And then you're bragging about it??!!!

13. HappyJay

HappyJay Red Eyed Jedi

Nice shooting Scoob.

Shit scooby is my nicname at work LOL

I got a good old trusty peelt gun. Was the first thing I ever baught with my own money. I was 8yrs old and still got it, can't bring myself to part with it. Has culled many hundred rats, cane toads, starlings and minor birds, (feral birds here), ice cubes, match sticks, shit even I've been shot with it but thats another story.

I found there are a few of us growers into our hunting etc but I also found that at the grow sights aren't really the place for it. Most peeps are narrow minded when it comes to hunting or pest/ferral controll. They litterally are tree huggers and don't understand our method of controll is necessary in some instances due to competition of native species, spread of disease etc aswell as being more 'humane'.

Id rather a bullet to the head or the heart rather than bleeding to death from rat pison or 1080.

14. skunkrnaught

skunkrnaught Flying magic hemp carpet

Nice shootin tex I'm for varmint control myself, Whether you use a small gun or a large gun (I'm for large guns myself), Always like to see a good fast humane kill.

Anyone wanna see the pic of a whitetail 10 point I got on my trail cam over the weekend PM me

15. HappyJay

HappyJay Red Eyed Jedi

Couldn't help myslef. It's my fav shirt.

[​IMG]

16. weed sprite

weed sprite Begun Flowering

mag 4's (animals) and rock salt (human)---good deterrents.

17. weed sprite

weed sprite Begun Flowering

In full agreement here. I love hunting (whatever's in season)and only shoot what I eat. I like squirrel hunting second best. It's a good op to grab some dinner and good practice for deer season which opens right after small game where I am. I only use a .22 for squirrel and like long distance (100 yards or better)with a Bushnell 3-9x scope. I also use an O6 for deer and .300 winchester mag. for bear. It's better to thin out the herd so the rest will survive the harsh winter. Poachers and road hunters are a dirtbags in my book. Those who hunt never have to worry about going hungry.

18. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Dude I hunt too, so I ain't some bleeding heart salad-eater. I can understand the squirrel problem. I'll shoot the rats off the dog food bowl out in the yard all day. But shooting the Blue Jays seem pointless and irresponsible. Don't want them around? Don't put bird food out. Problem solved.

19. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I'm all for hunter's right's.

On the other hand...I've never heard of shooting BJ's as 'hunting', BJ's as "varmit's", or that "the herd need's thining!"

20. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Joe....you need cats. :icon_confused: