Krebs Cycle

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by MK-Ultra, Mar 31, 2009.

1. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Is it possible for a nutrient solution to assist the Krebs cycle?? Is someone claiming such a thing utter bullshit or is it sound science? (not the krebs cycle but assisting such a thing)

2. cheebamonkey

cheebamonkey Harvested Frosty Nugs

Hey MK what is a Krebs Cycle?

3. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

does this help

2 seconds on google...here you go::::

The Krebs cycle, also known as the tricarboxylic acid cycle (TCA), was first recognized in 1937 by the man for whom it is named, German biochemist, Hans Adolph Krebs. His highly detailed and extensive research in the field of cellular metabolism and other scientific endeavors gleaned him the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine in 1953. In short, the Krebs cycle constitutes the discovery of the major source of energy in all living organisms.

The Krebs cycle refers specifically to a complex series of chemical reactions in all cells that utilize oxygen as part of their respiration process. This includes those cells of creatures from the higher animal kingdom, such as humans. The Krebs cycle produces carbon dioxide and a compound rich in energy, Adenosine triphosphate (ATP). This chemical provides cells with the energy required for the synthesis of proteins from amino acids and the replication of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA).

Within the Krebs cycle, energy in the form of ATP is usually derived from the breakdown of glucose, although fats and proteins can also be utilized as energy sources. Since glucose can pass through cell membranes, it transports energy from one part of the body to another.

The Krebs cycle affects all types of life and is, as such, the metabolic pathway within the cells, which chemically converts carbohydrates, fats and proteins into carbon dioxide and converts water into serviceable energy.

The Krebs cycle concerns the second of three major stages every living cell must undergo in order to produce energy, which it needs in order to survive. The enzymes that cause each step of the process to occur are all located in the cell’s “power plant.” In animals this is the mitochondria, in plants it is the chloroplasts, and in microorganisms it can be found in the cell membrane.

The Krebs cycle is also known as the citric acid cycle because citric acid is the very first product generated by this sequence of chemical conversions.

hope this helps..will there be anything else...i had no idea either...and after reading this i still dont...lol...

4. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Once again...

sounds like a question for Skunky.

5. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Probably just has citric acid in it to jump start the krebs cycle when there isn't acetyl CoA to be added to oxalacetate. Basically allowing the cells to continue in oxidative phosphorylation(forming ATP from reduction,instead of just adding pyrophosphate to ADP) by being able to go through the Kreb's cycle without having any sugar stores to metabolize.

Although I will have to check and see if citric acid can even enter the mitochondria or not. I know glucose can't, that's why it has to be converted to pyruvate prior to entering the matrix and then being converted to Acetyl CoA by modifying pyruvate and the addition of CoA and then blah blah blah blah you can look at the diagram and get the picture.

[​IMG]

After thinking about it for a minute I'm pretty sure citric acid wouldn't be permeable to the inner membrane because then citric acid could freely diffuse out of the mitochondria. There might be some kind of tranporter that could bring in citric acid but I will have to look around.

So in short probably not.

strawberry.cough likes this.
  6. strawberry.cough

strawberry.cough looking into the abyss

bwahahahahahahahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I have to tell you skunky...I flunked biology 101 4 times because of the krebs cycle. When I saw the name on the thread I just :puke: :puke: :puke: I had to take astronomy as my science for my BS. I had to get a special waver from the professor saying I was a complete idiot with the krebs cycel and that is why I couldn't pass bio101. I was allowed to move on without a passing grade. That f#$%@#g course was the only thing that kept me from a 4.0 at graduation. I swear I just have a brain cramp when it comes to that subject.

7. skunky

Maybe you just needed to be hit over the head with a pan or something to dumb ya down a bit. It's really pretty simple but easy to confuse if you let it, well the basics anyway. Just can't over think it. However, the actual biochemical processes and all the different reactions are a bitch to remember. Not like you need to know it anyway, shit I had to look back over it not like too many people actually deal with it.

8. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

That's about how I felt about chemistry. I love science, was always one of my best subjects....till I hit chemistry. I loved biology and especially physics, did great in math all the way up to Calc III (my first B in math), but my brain just isn't wired right for chemistry. Good thing we have Skunk around to clear everything up :icon_confused: ...kind of.

9. cheebamonkey

cheebamonkey Harvested Frosty Nugs

Ok im starting to understand the Kreb Cycle, But the big question here is why, ive grown grade A ganja for a while now, and have never heard of the Kreb Cycle. Mk what kind of grow are you doing? Ive grown Indoor Outdoor, soil, DWC and have never even heard of such things in my life... Is it any reason you are worried about the Kreb Cycle? I just use my number one rule Kiss Keep It Simpleeeee. Works like a charm my fellow Gkers!!! Good luck Bro.!

TheCarpenter likes this.
  10. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

I want NASA to suck my dick when I'm done (not to much to ask is it?)

11. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

school

carp i agree with chemistry..i hated it also...couldnt hardly understand the freggin questions..let alone try to answer...there fore electrical engineeering was the way to go instead of chemE of course the chemE's make the most money coming out of school...

krebs cycle..doesnt that last 28 days then it makes a woman bitch for 5 days....not sure as i get those all confused..

12. skunky

I wish I would have had more exposure to chemistry in highschool because had I known how much I liked it and understood it and could do it all over again I would have gone chemical engineering.

13. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Supposedly america consumes approximately 100 million hits of LSD per year and it is produced by a very close knit group (10-15 people) you may have missed your calling skunky I know I did

14. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Thanks for the post guys. A good read.

Nice little graph as well SKunky.

Now, where's the ergotamine? heh heh heh.....

15. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

You ever read up on the process of making LSD? Pretty fuckin complicated. I don't know who is consuming those 100 million hits a year, I haven't seen or heard of lsd being around for several years.

16. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Actually, it's pretty fucking easy to make. It's getting the ingredients that are difficult...ERGOTAMINE! The rest is easily obtainable. :wink:

But I agree with you, CID is not easy to find these days. Especially anything worth taking. Not like it was in the 80's and early 90's when CID was still readily available, and the hallucinagen of choice....last batches I got in the 90's were laced with methamphetamine. Sucked donkey dicks.