PRESIDENT Obama!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Nov 5, 2008.

1. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

2. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

OBAMA Got My Vote :thumbsup:

Thank GOD For No More Of This IDIOT :BushDumb:

4. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

Well, you have fun with that. I won't defend Bush, I never drank that kool-aid, I work for the Federal government. Your boy will sign my paychecks, even as he takes all the pensions.

I hope you all can find the national police he want's that answer to him to your liking. That came right out of his mouth, in case you didn't know. I listened to WHAT he said, not just how well he said it.

I won't otherwise go on, McCain wasn't much to rally around.

The press has already started to turn on him. He will be the most divisive figure in modern history. I think thats the plan, while people yell and such over his crap, the house and senate will do some shady things. Obama is a symptom, not much else.

My congrats to those of you that are filled with rapture.

I still say were doomed. I'd feel as much if McCain had won, too.

A dead white guy once said those that would trade freedom for security, deserve neither, and I'm good with saying that will ring true at some point.

Do let me know when your checks show in the mail. :)

Congrats.

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Congrates to Obama! :) ...

and on another note they just passed a law in Massachussets that if you are caught with an ounce or less on you than you get a fine only and they take your weed, that's better than jail time...Here is a copy of the post

Associated Press - November 4, 2008 9:34 PM ET

BOSTON (AP) - People caught with an ounce or less of marijuana won't be considered criminals in Massachusetts.

Voters have approved a measure to ease marijuana laws. Under the new law, which takes effect in 30 days, those caught will be forced to give up the pot and pay a $100 fine, instead of facing criminal penalties.

Supporters say the measure spares those caught with small amounts of the drug from having a criminal record, which can make it harder to get a job, student loan or gain access to public housing.

Critics, led by the state's 11 district attorneys, warn the measure could lead to more drug abuse among young people.

Under the new law, anyone under 18 also has to complete a drug awareness course or may a stiffer, $1,000 fine.

6. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

:wav: Cograts Obama :wav: I

I'm so happy about it, its like there is a little hope, even if shit is still all fucked up. To me its just another persepective and way, and considering how extremely aggressive conservative this country has gotten, a little social politics can't hurt. So fuck yeah I'm happy that I just wanna party and celebrate....and to think that this day four years ago, I was all depressed and shit :suave:

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I say we're still doomed as well.

Oh....I believe that dead white guy was Ben Franklin...not to be confused with Ben Bernanke. :puke:

8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

9. Confused420

Confused420 Full Flowering

in this election i didn't matter who won, america lost.

taxes will still go up

american jobs will still get shipped over seas

gas wil still go up

healthcare we are stil screwed there

i never heard either of the canidates propose a plan that was good for america and that could actualy work.

if mccain had won we would be just as screwed

10. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I wish him luck, he won, fair is fair, the people voted, I did not vote for him. I have my opinions as well.....it's a free country right?

All I know is, I will still continue the fight the war against Illegal's in this country and I'll stay off the side walk's if Obama gives them my money and a drivers licence. :suave:

11. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

hilarious

I thnk it's hilarious:laughing5: :laughing5: ....the guy has absolutely NO experience, came out of nowhere, and had nothing good to say about his "plans" other than sweet talking with his forked tongue and schmoozing, lol.....:icon_confused: I can't wait til these next 4 years are over so we can all run to the poll together hand in hand singing gay songs of love and peace and change, lmao....The dude has no clue, lol....Yeah, good luck, lol....I'll just hide in my little mountain town which I have now allowed my husband to fill with guns and wait it out, lol....hope to hell the economy doesn't go to shit and I have to find a cave, lol.....shhhiiittt.....:suave:

OMG, and please don't compare him to M.L.K.Jr.....theres no way they are even comparable.....:laughing5:

12. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

i read somewhere on here that he said he would end federal drug raids on medical dispensaries......i hope he stays true to this......other than that im siding with the "were doomed" folks.....ill be headin down to my local black market gun dealer and strappin up tho thats for sure.....im a law abiding citizen as of right now (when it comes to gun ownership) but the minute he takes the second ill become a fellon for ownin guns with scratched off serial numbers.....not my only beef but im a strong believer in the right to bear arms, its the most important right we have in my opinion and when its gone........man i jus hate to think about it........of course i hope he proves all the naysayers wrong and does a damn good job runnin the country..... im jus a little skeptical.....

13. brand

brand Begun Flowering

cross your fingers and toes cause it could be good or it could be bad. :)

14. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Better start looking for that cave...just in case. :suave:

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Congrats to Obama

I didn't like either choice but will say my dice roll wasn't for Obama.

It was like this to me. If you compare it to craps (my favorite game!):

Obama was a hard 8. Looks good, big numbers if you win but a long shot. If you miss everything is gone.

McCain was a passline bet. No big pay-off but lots of chances to get it right.

Still, either way it was a crapshoot.

Cheers,

16. talltrees

talltrees A Fat Sticky Bud

17. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I have a question not specifically about Obama, but more about the political process in this country, and this may be a dumb question, but:

If the president elect (whoever it is, but lets assume Obama) were to be a**asinated in the time between winning the election, and being sworn in, what would happen?

Does McCain become president?

Does Biden become president?

Does Bush remain president?

Is their a do-over election?

Nobody I know knows the answer.

For some weird reason, this has come up a few times talking with friends and family about the election outcome and the whole first black president thing. My old man is convinced that the Aryan Nation will not stand for this and will try something.

edit: Research would indicate that the VP elect (in this case Joe Biden) would be sworn in as president.

18. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

This that a serious statement, a redneck statement, or both?

As for Obama...just hypothetical, but what if he really is a terrorist? :scream:

19. OneHitterInOz

OneHitterInOz A Fat Sticky Bud

First off yes AJ you're right it would be Biden.

and as far as ^^^ may GOD help us all if he was a**asinated, you wanna talk bout a civil war:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:

20. nikoatnight

nikoatnight Full Flowering

U think rodney king was bad if this takes place watch out and run! :5headache: