Males ever have pistils?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by WiZaRD, Mar 31, 2009.

1. WiZaRD

WiZaRD Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Out of 4 Rx's I have 3 females, and 1 unknown. It showed OBVIOUS seed sacs[sorry no pics now], but I've noticed a few pistils here and there, that are purple nonetheless [it's a high anthocyanin strain].

I'm just assuming it's a hermie, but when I observe it closely it's just a shit ton of seed sacs bunched together that look NOTHING like buds, yet there are some pistils...

Hrm.

I have only had 1 male that I've ever let grow, and I didn't see it till it was like 68 days into flowering[i had it outside and forgot about it] so I'm not to familiar with them. Back when I started, if it showed a single seed sac, it was killed. This is the first time I was going to try and breed. So, I don't know what they truly look like well into flowering.

2. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Just a guess without a pic but I'd say Hermie as well.

3. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

It's a male that hermied.We are used to females that hermie. A male that hermies will produce all male seeds if I am not mistaken.....I would not use it for pollen. Besides that it carries the hermie gene.

I am not sure about the all male seed thing as I have not tested it. Just one little fact I came across in my internet cannabis info travels.

4. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

HUH??? a MALE HERMIE??? :ponder: Ive NEVER heard of a "MALE" hermie-ing out,lol, TRUTHFULLY.

I hear that it May be TRUE, but sounds completely Backwards to me, :bongin: a MALE that HERMIES?. :icon_scratch:

"It's a FEMALE that gets Pollinated by a MALE/ or it's already a HERMAPHRODITE to start with in any case"!!!

NEVER HEARD OF A MALE hermie-in out on ANYONE in the WORLD, infact could someone please come to the assistance of this POST and either "correct" or "adjust" or "elabourate" on that a MALE can HERMIE out and Produce ONLY MALE seeds!?!?!? :ponder:

But ya NEVER KNOW in the :potleaf: world!!:smokin: :icon_scratch: :smile:

Peace WiZaRD (APO) This should e CLEARED up ASAP, or as soon as USELESS comes to the rescue!

Where are ya Useless my good man??? :ponder: ing..... lol

WE NEED-JA on dis wan brotha!!!:thumbsup: :smokin: :wink:

Peace Canna and WiZaRD..

UrBigBuddie.........:pimp: :potleaf:

5. budbox

budbox workin things out

yea i have too say that dosent sound too right to me. if u think about it and or belive in evolution then u should understand what im saying. the females turn hermie after generations not getting pollinated probbally due to humans. makes sence y they would hermie because they r waiting 4 the pollin. in the males case they have the pollin and they dont wait 4 anything but maturity because they already have the pollin. so once the pollin is gone im shure the male has no clue whats goin on with it. but im not saying that a male hermie isnt possible just stating my point. and just smoked a bowl and a bunch of honey oil im feelin pretty good.

6. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

I've had 2 males hermie myself. My males are kept in cut 20oz bottles and get tossed in the bedroom before they pop. Lights on/off at odd times, bending/snapping limbs, fed runoff - I treated them like shit. Sure enough, after a week or two of that treatment I found female flowers at the top of the cola. A decent amount too - like a fem that was 2 weeks into flower or so, but just at the tip-top of the cola.

I tore the tops off and ate them, so I'm not sure how that would progress. Both males I used for pollen, and haven't had issues. In fact, I've never seen a female go herm...

7. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Males produce stamen, not pistils.

It is possible for a male to form female flowers.

Do not use this plant for breeding.

8. WiZaRD

I'll look up some stamen pictures. It might not be pistils. I'll get a photo sent to me from my cousin (who's watching them for me).

9. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Perhaps I wasnt clear...

a true breeding male produces stamen...not pistils. Females produce pistils.

A hermie produces both. :wink:

10. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

you may want to keep that male around to breed with----d.j. short explains this backward hermi in his book(CULTIVATING EXCEPTIONAL CANNABIS) ON PAGE 56 ---a male turn toward female can be of use in a breeding project in that its offspring will have a tougher time turning hermi due to added stressers------i think you have a great find and should use it.

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I personally would never use it unless I had a spare female that I didn't care about around and i really didn't care about what kinds of seeds were produced. For the small time grower without much room, i'd toss it. For someone with the time and space to do experiments with it, then here is your oportunity :) I am all for experiments.

I have seen at least 3 males that hermied (not my own, but very clear pictures).

12. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Here is a male dominate hermie i had.

male hermie.jpg

male hermie 2.jpg

male hermie 3.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/57a6c9f60fb69_malehermie.jpg.2f2bb2196536068f5e4ca81b8e69caf3.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/57a6c9f613812_malehermie2.jpg.d5858e24546c53390281226c7986c074.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/57a6c9f61717d_malehermie3.jpg.084dbd645f338350cbcd6d8910c2dff0.jpg

13. WiZaRD

Ok, I'm going to see what stamen's look like. I'm not POSITIVE these are hairs, they are purple however.

14. WiZaRD

i wasn't able to click them to make them larger.

15. choker

choker HIDING OUT

If ya search my threads that i started ya can find them under my balls have hair.

16. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Would that be the fromunda thread?