Biggest Drug Bust

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HeadCase, Oct 14, 2010.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

2. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

What a bunch of dumb fucks!!

Just another reason to legalize personal stash growing....eliminates the profitability factor!!

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I was reading it in the paper it said the cop got a tip about the smell of pot coming from the warehouse & the cops checked the electric bill $1500 & said that was enough for a search warrant. I wouldn't think $1500 was a lot for a warehouse.

4. well he got a tip that made him look into the electric bill.

NO SMELL

NO TELL

NO CELL!

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I thought I smelled something!!! No... that was neon's place :lmao:

I'm guessing the bill was simply a caveat to the whole operation.

You have the smell factor, a CI (most likely recently pinched), the refuse (?). and then the bill... enough for any Judge to issue a warrant.

I remember when I first met you, Bud, and you were all freaked-out re: the cops showing-up on an unrelated matter :lmao:

6. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

fucking lame.

7. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Ive really gotta disagree with you here to an extent....

1) They definately arent checking everyones light bill.

2) Its going to have to be a LARGE bill to even consider it. A personal grower has nothing to worry about....

My largest growlight is a 400W HPS....my saltwater tank runs 2x400w.

So no I dont think a power bill alone is going to get anyone pinched unless its a commercial grower. Its just asking for a lawsuit IMO.

I am however concerned about the new smart meters coming out that will be able to track usage at any given time of the day remotely...again its tough because my 800W saltwater lights run 12/12 as well. But if your switching 10,000W off and on at the same time daily, at exactly 12 hour intervals I could see trouble arising.

So I agree with RG

No smell

No tell

No SELL

And no cell

Peace -V420

8. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Not when you have cover like me. I am running 12 20amp horse tank heaters around the clock with a million extension cords comming out the back of my house. My lights dont even come close to the usage of the horse tanks.

Teamster6

9. ScottyG420

What is a "horse tank heater"?

10. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

I grew up across the road from a cow farm and worked there when I was 12-15 or 16, best I can figure is he is talking about a water heater to keep the water tanks from freezing in the winter.

11. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

Damn B'more, tighten up!

12. ScottyG420

OK. I see now. Thanks V420.

13. choker

choker HIDING OUT

They need alot of evidence to get a warrant. Alot!

14. USMC0321

USMC0321 Veggy Stage

I think they cops weighed the weed wet with leaves and all. I find it hard to believe someone had 600 pounds of primo just sitting around waiting to be bought. That is an easy 150k score.

15. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Um no they dont !

We dont all live in a perfect world!

There is so many departments that will bullshit their way in to your house. All they gotta say they had an informant tip them in! Bam Warrant

16. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Let me try to clear some of the warrant stuff up.

1. The power companies have no problem handing documents over to the police on any level, the government is what keeps them a monopoly.

2. If law enforcement is looking at your records from the power company, you already fucked up somewhere.

3. If you already fucked up somewhere along the line, then it is easy to get a warrant no matter how you fucked up.

4. The power company will not independently , without request, report high power usage to law enforcement as long as you pay your bill and are not stealing power. They want to make money, that is all they care about.

17. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

high power consumption $1,500.00????

Try $1,200.00 for the compressor welder deepfreeze and motorhome AC/heating 4,500 k and grow room AC / heat .then there's the house 1,800sqft 2 stories 4 bedroom uncle's breathing machine and oh 2 TEENAGE GIRLS :angry:

18. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Not sure where you're getting homegrown for that price but can I get some too???? I think that works out to like 250/lb. Something tells me if they were letting it go that cheap there WOULDN'T be any in the warehouse. Score would've been more like the 2 mil + range. The best part is those knuckleheads don't even look like the savvy type to have an op like that going. Guess you just never know.

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Um no....after a tip from a reliable informant they then go into investigation mode. Here is where they will check your garbage, watch the residence/building, possibly check power usage patterns, break out FLIR or send in some dope to try and buy a bag).

After finding corroborative evidence (grow stuff in the garbage, specific high periods of power usage, traffic indicative of dealing, building hotspots indicating a growroom or you stupidly selling to a hot buyer) they grab a judge and get a warrant. The most common area for cops to lie is the initial "tip".

The point is, for small time guys under a couple thousand watts, they're not out randomly searching your bills/garbage or running FLIR. Your biggest concern is, has been, and will always be, who knows about your growing? Control that and you've reduced 99% of the risk.

20. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud