Green House Seed Co....Flavor Wheel

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by rollin2techno, Sep 3, 2010.

1. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

Interesting....

[​IMG]

:flyy: ​

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Now that's interesting.

3. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

NO, that is just straight marketing Bullshit.

Just look at Trainwreck. TW is lemon, mint, pine and rotting flesh. No metallic, no ammonia, no basil, no sage, no orange, no lilac, no almond, no walnut. LOL Not one description fits TW.

Visually appealing marketing tool for noobs with no clue. That is all it is. LOL

4. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Ya, I was just gonna come in to say fuck GHS.

They're a bunch of rip-off faggots.

5. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

:roffl:

I want my weed to taste like weed, not food.

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Arjan in a pretender! He is rich because people are unaware of his past business practices. GHS is generic. They do have some pretty packaging though!:dog-nana: :roffl:

P.S. The more I look over those flavor descriptions on that wheel the more discrepancies I see. I do admire his ability to take complete BS and make people think it's the best thing since good pot!

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Remember, it's Arjan's TW and doesn't need to have anything in common with the original except the name. So it probably does fit HIS TW.:roffl:

8. luvtogrow

luvtogrow Veggy Stage

GHS Lemonskunk was one of the most flavorful strains i've ever grown or smoked. Going to flower this week with another pack of LS frm GHS along with SSH and Medman from Mr Nice. GHS has been better to me than many other bigtime respected breeders. I don't know any of them, just their wares. GHS seems to get a lot of hate for producing a wide variety of low priced strains. Just wish they would produce regular seeds, that's my preference. I'd like to know what they were smoking when they made up that wheel flavor system. That's some potent shfit!!!

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Well, see. I'm a newb to all these strains and I'm glad I'm where people can set my ass straight. I'm learning. I already know that I want some Mr. Nice Spice! Oh and Black Widow, Shark Shock, Mango Haze and....

See. I know when I see something I'm gonna like. I'm glad to be steered in the direction of quality rather than finding out I was led by bullshit.

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Yeah, that wheels :bs:

Ive smoked and help grow a lot of GHS stock. Im not a GHS basher like most, I quite like them :mashed: I think ppl just have to see them for what they are. They are a big marketing company and that wheel is one of their achievements.

GHS sell good cheap fem seeds. Ive never (OK once, the Church sucked) seen bad plants from them, but they are not what they claim to be. GHS plants grow big and healthy and get you super stoned, just dont buy into the hype ;)

11. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

I will second that GHS Lemon Skunk is a very strong strain i have been growing it for a while. Nothing "wrong" with it but i wouldn't say it tastes like all those flavors it tastes like dirt with a hint of lemonheads. I don't know Arjan but i watched his Strainhunters show and laughed the whole time like who the fuck films a mountain covered in weed? An asshole that can't keep a secret. GHS don't breed anything but they aren't necessarily rip offs either. Just don't follow the Hype...Steelcity

12. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Their WW blows, El-nino was decent, Cheese wasn't all that bad, and the Strawberry Haze was weak in potency. Not a single one of them had any keeper potential other than maybe the Cheese and thats only cause I chopped at 9 weeks and thought that another week or two could've made it a little nicer. I won't be buying anything from them again, although I don't care as much what other people say. It's more because I didn't think their genetics were anything special. I could definitely think of about 15 breeders I'd rather buy from before them again. Just my opinion though.

13. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Was going to say.....I still would like to find out for myself

Im guessing there is a lot of variation but hey....Folks claim

Nirvana stinks and it may be true as Im no expert

But i can say My White Widow Will fuck you up

Is it true to what its supposed to be?

Hell if i know.....guess Ill have to Buy MR NSeeds Black W and let yall know:beerchug-2:

14. Useless

LMFAO RR - Too true.

LUV - They obviously weren't smoking any of their own strains. The LS is decent. Of course, that has more to do with the fact they took a stable genetic and reversed it. Probably one of their best hack jobs to date.

LVS - Yea, research research research.

Skuzzi - ever hear the saying "you get what you pay for"? You are correct though, they are one hell of a marketing machine.

SCS - The most appaling thing about the video, is that they go collect landrace seeds, and then leave the locals with kilo's of femm'd garbage. Effectively killing off any landrace they come across in just a few seasons. For this, GHS can gargle my wrinkled scrotum.

Sticky - look at Grat's El Nino vs La Nina grow. Show me anywhere in the GHS strain that look anything like it's got haze. GHS cheese is garbage compared to the real UK Cheese clone. It's OK smoke, but it's very afghan dominant, and the high and flavor are nothing like the clone.

Toker - if you grow MNS BW you will end up wondering you wasted any time on such the inferior WW.

Seriously though, the MNS is truly a step (OK more like a high rise building) above any other widow. The unique traits of Widow are seen in the originals, something you don't get from the bland watered down widows from other companies.

I'm not saying you can't get decent smoke from GHS, nor am I saying every plant is crap. I'm just saying, if you smoked the real TW or Cheese or SSH or Widow or La Nina' etc etc. that what you get from GHS seed isn't going to be like what you smoked. Most of it will be mediocre at best.

15. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I bet that's very popular with the zombie crowd.

:passsit:

16. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Exactly, its good weed and cheap.

17. Useless

Hank - if you had smoked it, you would know. Great flavor and smell and the high is stellar. Still one of my favorites even after all these years.

LMFAO @ Skuzzi. Good rarely accompanies "cheap". Though there are certainly exceptions, GHS ain't one of them. I think you need to get out and smoke more bro. Want me to send you a bud that is actually potent and flavorful? :lmao:

18. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Ya I know your right...But Cheap can Be GREAT man....

Im on a Cheeseberry kick right now.Cost..free ...order make up..but it was going for 28.00 at the time

Man Esko hit this one out of the park. The Cheesberry is a Head high for 3 hours plus

Cheeseberry is really tasty too, I love it, No stone and no crash:beerchug-2:

19. Useless

BTW Skuzz, I'm just busting your balls dude. I know personal preference is just, personal. I have had people return weed I have grown, because it's too potent, or too stinky. Some of my favorite strains to grow and smoke too. What's top notch AAA+ to me, might not be to you. But you know me, I will point out GHS's bullshit anytime I get the chance. And that wheel is reeking of bovine fecal matter.

Toker, see my post above yours. I do agree 100% there are exceptions. Sannie and Esko are two guys who actually put in some work into their lines and are very reasonable price wise. I recently saw a picture of someone's Cheeseberry cola, it was the size of a rugby ball, easily.

20. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

How much are they paying you?