Female/ Male During Vegative?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Chrissy Boi, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Chrissy Boi

Chrissy Boi New Sprout

Hey;

Is it possible for plants to determine there sex during the vegetive grow! I have just noticed male balls, and female white hairs on my plants but im only on the 3rd week of veg!

Is it normal?

2. choker

choker HIDING OUT

They are called pre-flowers. You see them so yes. GEEE I feel like a master grower with this question.

3. Seeking Utopia

Seeking Utopia Cleaning Scissors

Sexed in Veg

CB, to answer you questions...

Yes it is possible for your plant to be showing pre-flowers this early in veg.

I rarely see sex show at three weeks in my grows, but it may be normal.

Sorry your plant hermied on you...could it have been the cause of single stress (temps running too high) or a series of unfortunate events?

Post some photos up is you are not 100% sure it is a hermaphrodite. Maybe the rest of the community here can take a look and give their diagnosis.

Cheers!

Seeking Utopia

4. Chrissy Boi

Chrissy Boi New Sprout

What a nob sack!

What an utter cunt! This is a beginner lounge you smarmy arsed twat! Fucking puff... don't be such a dick in life you sarcastic cunt! I bet you got bullied to fuck at school for being a right tosser!

5. Chrissy Boi

Chrissy Boi New Sprout

Nice one mate... thank you for that! Oooh no, i have balls on one flower, two showing signs of a tear drop shape, two more with the tear drop shape with white hairs coming out and two more that are unknown as of yet! Just checked some more on it on the web and some strains do show sex early in veg!

Do you think it is better to switch to 12/12 now, id of liked them to of gotten a bit bigger but not sure if it will cause difficultes later if i don;t switch!

Thanx man

6. choker

choker HIDING OUT

When they do show pre-flowers it is a sign that they are mature enough to flower. You can wait to flower and let them grow bigger. The only problem is that you must have the space for when you do flower they are going to stretch. Oh sorry about being a smart ass. I have not been in a good mood. Not an excuse just the way it is.

7. shaun1says

shaun1says Doin it in water

word to that

8. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

dudes play nice or daddy gets out the big guns.

[​IMG]

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Easy killer. :stop:

No matter what Choker may or may not have meant with what he wrote....we don't allow the flaming here. If you have a problem with someone then bring it to my attention or to the attention of one of the moderators and we'll deal with it. Otherwise we have to deal with your flaming as well and there really is no need to take it to that point. We're all adults here.

10. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

pre-determain sex!

YES!

MOST DEFINATELY MY GOOD FRIEND!!!

Peace Out,

UBB....... :) :thumbsup: :bigok:

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Yup!!!!

12. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Fix Bayonets!!!!CHAAARGE! LOL,Lets keep KOOL in the gang GKers!

Yeah me too,i got big guns.... feel lucky ..do ya ..PUNK?:roll:

Lets all keep Kool in the gang everyone,we gotta show the newer growers some GK love and help them but at the same time,we cant have peeps flaming up like that,even if they felt wronged.NOT SAYING WHO'S RIGHT AND WRONG JUST SAYING.... I got SOME artillery fire as clays back up:wink::roll:Cheers:smokin:

[​IMG]

13. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

*sigh...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:laughing5:

14. Chrissy Boi

Chrissy Boi New Sprout

What...?

I would like to say thank you for the ones who had posted some useful information. Thank you!

Little surprised that my foul language caused more of a response then the actual question did! And i'm even more surprised that i can't say a few harsh words to someone because of there rudeness, yet the moderators can threaten people with guns? Or even insult people with a few pictures. Next time i need to settle a score, i'll draw a picture as the moderators find that more acceptable!

Again, thank you very much for your responses, i will be leaving them a bit before i switch to 12/12 to make them grow more. Thank you for that response choker!

Peace

15. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I think the mods were just giving you a hard time there....they weren't threatening you with guns in the sense that they want to shoot you....they are trying to make the point that if you feel the need to flame other members for whatever reason you deem fitting then we'll have to deal with it. Bottom line. You don't have to like it, but that's how it is around here. We've had our fair share of flaming in the past and it did nothing but disrupt this forum. We won't let that happen again.

Pictures are always good though...if you like to draw then feel free. :ebert:

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Chrissy Boi.. dont take it the wrong way man.You'll like it round here...START OVER.

Chrissy Boi...dont take things the wrong way mucker.Me and Clay were just trying to diffuse any kinda 'drama' that might have erupted cos there used to be quite a bit of that a LONG time ago on here,we just try to have a laugh and keep everyone happy,the mods are here to SERVE all the members and the forum.It aint a clique 'us and them' type thing,all us mods value our membership more than we do anything else.

C/Boi as for the gun thing,im from the UK mate(Glasgow) so you'll know from our fucked up laws here in the UK that we aint allowed to even go to a firing range or own guns anymore(legally:wink:).Its just me and Clay making light of the tension that COULD'VE arisen cos thats our jobs and also cos thats a better way to defuse shit than come down heavy.Listen C/Boi,its a sound gaf round this site and if your serious bout cultivating and learning OR teaching then im sure you'll enjoy it here man.Take it easy and dont take things to personal man,we AINT like other forums,we try keep the peace round here and in return GrowKinds IMHO thee best MJ forum/community on the net.Enjoy your stay.Grow some phat bud.Feel free to PM me man if ye wanna know anything.Cheers:pimp:

17. hellostupid

hellostupid Stupid Iz. Stupid Duz.

Lighten Up Everyone....

Chrissy...that person wasn't tryin' 2 flame ya....he was using pothead humour/sarcasm....it wasn't personal!

I've witnessed several arguments here over simple misunderstandings...hell....people even flame me whenever I give advice!!!

When we growkinders give advice...we aren't trying to b condescending...we're trying to explains things to the other NOOBz in here who don't have a clue.

:punk: Some people are insulted by my handle, "hellostupid"...when they shouldn't be. Whenever anyone address me...you can address me as "stupid"...or "hello...stupid"....comprende? Hellostupid is the handle I use whenever I play chess, counterstrike, or play no limit texas hold'em.:icon_confused:

I'm sure that poster was merely trying to help. And the Moderators here were trying to smooth things over with their "Guns"...lol....didn't you think that was cool? :laugh:

So get ur grow on...and let's forgive n forget....K????

:iamwithstupid:

18. Chrissy Boi

Chrissy Boi New Sprout

Never mind it!

Again thank you for your responses!

I understand that this forum is intended to be a nice place for growers to talk about things grow related! I respect that and will never insult another grower without being provoked! I will never stoop as low as to insult someone because they ask a very begginner question!

Thank you for your PM "The Apprentice" was kool of you! And thank you to "Hello Stupid" again, was kool!

Thank you for your advice!

Chrissy Boi

TheApprentice likes this.
  19. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Exactly as hellostupid AP & Herb said... Nothing was meant by it except a bit of stoner humor... And a "friendly reminder" that flaming ain't allowed.

After all... This is only the internet. :) Don't take things personal bro.:punk:

20. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I feel the same way Chrissy Boi, it was just a friendly way to break the tension and all that..I respect you for your last response. If you ever need anything, just PM me. Look forward to seeing your grows... Later:)