Ted Nugent on gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Herb, May 19, 2010.

1. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I saw this the other day and thought I would share it with all of you. Especially Skuzz.

Gotta love ol' Ted. :thumbs-up:

2. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Ban all guns! I know, you can all hate me now ;) Cops too, use non-killing methods, rubber bullets, tasers, dogs, ect.

Believe me, I already listened to a 2 hour rant from my sis on the subject. Until I get my own, ban them all! A gun store just opened up around the corner tho....maybe I will get one and change my mind......until then I gotta Pitty and a big ass knife and some mase.

3. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Why stop at one? Get two! :ebert:

4. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Hell, i'll get 7! Lucky number....

5. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

ban them all until you get your own?? Is it just me or does this not make sense? If they're banned, how are you going to get one?

Anyhoo, I loved the first two paragrapghs.

I own several firearms, including assault weapons, and I've never done anything stupid like rob someone or rape anyone. I've had ONE legal problem involving me and the use of a firearm, and the courts determined it to be self-defense.

The 2nd amendment is very clear, why the Hell do people keep trying to fuck with it?

Ok, this may be unwelcome here, but this is what I think of banning firearms

1: Trying to idiot-proof the world is not possible

2: A little common sense goes a long way

3: Might as well ban knives too; plenty of knives are used as murder weapons

4: It may be easier to kill wit a firearm, but it's EASIER to get away with it if you don't.

5: It's our constitutional rights to have them, and carry them.

6: I care very little for the law of man, but my human rights are to protect myself and others, and for that I'll use whatever I damn well please and in a self-defense scenario, I'd rather it be a firearm.

7: What is the real need to restrict firearms? If you wanna preach how dangerous they are- Vehicular homicide, nicotine poisoning, alcohol poisoning, knives, strangulation, kung fu, pencils, letter openers, firecrackers, home-made bombs(VERY easy), I mean really?

8: Haven't most serial killers been known to use knives and/or blunt instruments to kill their victims?

9: If I was going to murder someone, I'd use a knife. Rerason being, it's not as loud, so people are not as likely to hear the struggle and call police, two, knives can't be traced by ballistics. The best forensics can do is indicate what type of blade was used. Bullets can be matched to the barrel of the gun by camparing them to other bullets fired from the same gun with same barrel. Knives cannot be traced like this.

10: If I'm going to kill someone, there's gotta be a lot of emotion behind it, terefore, I'm not going to want their death to be quick. I want to feel it, and I want to feel THEm feeling it. A firearm, elliminates this and makes things all too quick.

11: Even if I were to rob a store, I know enough about convenience stores to know a gun isn't even a neccessity. Hell, even armored car drivers are not required to use their weapons except in self-defence for most agencies. Why would I need a gun to snatch a bag of cash and run??? I wouldn't.

12: As for the bank robbery scenario- they're easier to rob at night or early morning. Get the manager when they're tired as fuck and no customers around, at most, a light voltage stun gun to sting his ass if he resists. Besides, why would he risk his life? Rob a federally insured bank, he has no reason to give a fuck about you taking a few k in cash. No gun required.

13: As for rape... if you need a gun to get laid, you're fucking pathetic. Shit, just buy some hoe a drink or two, feed her some blow, she's yours. How hard is that?

14: If you gotta problem with some punk at school or whatever, learn to fight. Take a karate class or kick-boxing and fight back.

15: A gun can be left locked and loaded and left alone sitting on a table. It will never fire until a person pulls the trigger. Just liek a knife isn't going to accidentally find it's way in your neck, someone has to put it there. That gunw ith rust over and be stuck and never work again before it fires if a person doesn't pull the trigger. We're not talking shit guns with weak mechanisms, we're talking decent safe quality guns maintained in a responsible manner and not dropped or whatever some loony is going to think of. IT will take a person to make it fire.

16: It's not hard to learn to use a firearm responsibly. Even children can and do learn this early in life.

17: If you're female and concerned about rape, beleive me, a dog and a can of mace are the least of your securities. You know how easy it is to get passed even the largest, meanest dog? Wrap one arm in thick cloth and padding, let the fucker latch on, the stab him him the neck with the other hand. Dog is no more, all you ave now is your pepper spray, which MANY MANY people have a good tolerance too, especially the types most liekly to rape you, who've already been in and out of prison for a while, so that leaves you're knife? If you stuck around and watched the demise of your dog while emptying that can of mace in the air, you're going to be just as blind and gasping for air as your attacker, probably even more. If you use mace for self-defence, I hope you use foam, not liguid or gas. Liquid and gas mace will require you to evacuate immediately.

So if you used liquid or gas mace and you may be experienceing burning of the eyes and tightness of the chest, what good is that knife? Just gonna swing wildly in the air and slice up the innocent bystander who jumps in to help? Ok, you face negligent/reckless homicide after he bleeds to death. I hope nobody's laughing, this is serious.

If you have any tool or weapon for self-defense, please know how to use it and how it effects your attacker, and you. That includes dogs and mace. Dog bites attacker... hmm, was the dog on a leash? Had all their shots up to date? Any history of aggression whatsoever? What breed?

Seriously, all that will be mentioned in court and if your answers aren't very clear and righteous, you are fucked. But you might get lucky.

6. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

That was an entirely unnesscary negative rep. I wont say who it was as I am not petty. But I will way FUCK YOU.

I was obviously writing in a jockingly manner, didn't I just say I was probly going to get one.

Again, fuck you. I hold grudges and you blew it asshole.

Oh and it wasn't SW so don't assume it was.

7. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Personally, I don't like Ted Nugent. He's trying to sound all "common sense", but this article is just populist baloney trying to sound hip and cool and tough without delving into why America is so violent in the first place. He keeps it real simple. 'Good people kill bad people' is basically the limit of his reasoning.

I think the root causes of violent crime in America have nothing to do with guns and would still be there if there were no guns. Even if there were no guns in America, I think America would still have a lot of violent crime. There would be a lot more stabbings, etc... That being said, guns do make it easier to kill and to kill in larger numbers. I don't think more guns equals more safety. By that rationale, everyone having nuclear bombs would the safest of all.

Also, the banning water because people drown bit is absolutely ridiculous. I've heard that same nonsense in many variations. Banning cars because people die in car accidents, etc... It's poor logic. Water is the most basic requirement of life. Guns are a tool whose sole purpose is to kill. It's a totally irrellevant analogy.

8. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Just so everybody knows, it wasn't me either.

9. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Nope, nor was it herbs

10. ShadowWarrior

Ya know there are times when you post things that just piss me off. And then there's times you write things like the above post. Excellent.

Although I gotta say, not all guns are created equally. Some are made for the sole purpose of creating large casualities, such as the M240 Bravo machine gun. But some are made for the sole purpose of shooting holes in paper for mere recreation, such as the Finnish M28-76 Target Rifle. It uses a round which is also utilized in long-range pricision rifles for snipers and also in machine guns, but for this particular rifle, it's only for putting holes in sheets of paper.

Firearms are multi-purpose pieces of equipment, primarily killing rather it be hunting, war, or what ever or for actual sports like target-race shooting, trap/skeet shooting, or just to see who can get the shots closest at the longest range.

And Canna, even if I disagreed with you, and as adamant as I am about NOT banning these magnificent tools of fun and destruction alike, I wouldn't neg-rep you for it. Freedom of opinion and whatever. You're free to think differently than me. Also, I love your new signature line. After talking a lot of crap about it, I got bored and watched the movie. Not bad.

That being said, who the Hell has such a negative opinion of me that it was necessary to proclaim it wasn't me in that manner? Must've been a nasty one, eh?

BTW, Hank, I don't care for that Nugget guy, either. I've seen him on tv killing elephants just for sport. I frown on sport hunting, besides he seemed like a white-trashy sort, but with money. Bad combo, in my book.

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I'm Dissilusioned and naive....but not in a hateful way or anything...

thats almost verbatim. I just didn't want anyone to think it was you since you posted in the thread, I don't think anyone has a neg opinion of you :thumbs-up:

12. ShadowWarrior

Well, you're a stoned beaver, so A+ from me.

Hhmm, that almost has an erotic sound to it.

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

One could argue that they have two purposes, killing (for whatever reason) and target shooting, but target shooting is just practice for the real thing. We could use rubber bullets or other less-than-lethal weapons for target shooting. We could work on developing tools that worked excellently for target shooting, but were not good at or even incapable of killing a person. I don't think much energy goes into doing that, because, a few individuls aside, people shoot targets as training for shooting living beings and killing them. There is a reason targets are shaped like people and deer.

For the record, I'm not for banning guns. I do, however, think they should be more tightly controlled, registered, regulated, etc... I also think that the NRA goes way beyond the bounds of common sense in their promotion of firearms. It seems they won't be happy until every man, woman and child is packing. Then we'll all be safe, right? Lmfao.

14. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I must spread some rep around before givin it to hank again ;)

15. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Thanks.

Btw, isn't your new avvy a ground hog?

16. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

beats me. I just looked up "beaver pot" and it came up.

Beaver -

[​IMG]

Ground Hog -

[​IMG]

I'd say there's an even chance of both...but since that came up under beaver I'm guessing someone looked for a real pic of a beaver to start with. The long fur also looks more like a beaver's. But still, two very similar lookin animals.

17. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

On second thought, I think it's a chupacabra.

18. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

It was me that gave the negative rep!... I really don't care if you don't like me Canna. I never hated on you, I've given positive rep to you more than once and now I disagreed with your point and thought that your silly comment on Nugent's Gun Control was lame and so I gave you negative rep. Get over it and get on with life. Hold a grudge if you like, I really couldn't give two shits whether you and I see eye to eye. Banning guns does nothing but put all the power into the hands of the criminals who aren't carrying legal guns. Criminals will have their guns and the people shouldn't have any right to protect themselves and their land or livelihood? You ARE NAIVE! I have read a lot of your silly worthless posts and I have come to the conclusion that you don't have a clue!!! SO TO YOU I SAY :321fu:

JohnH and mrsganjah like this.
  19. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I wasn't gonna neg rep ya, but I guess i'll change my mind as you crossed the line. Good day.

20. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

All this negativity. C'mon, someone give me a pos rep to turn around the vibes on this thread. :nanner-2: