Check these lights out...

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by BC Kid, Jan 13, 2007.

1. BC Kid

BC Kid Begun Flowering

2. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

3. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

It's interesting but yet to hear from anyone that's tried them. I'm curious myself but not enough to go buy them. I'll wait for someone else to try them and let us know what happened. LED's definitely would be the most efficient bulb but I'm not sure how many you would need to compare to a good old HID. Could be lots.........

4. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

it says that one of their "bars" is equal to a 250w light

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I like the idea, but a little expensive for most people I know just for lights.

I'm sure as the technology gets better prices will come down.

6. porgy tirebiter

porgy tirebiter Senior Citizen

There are several threads on uk420 which chronicle LED grows. While the initial cost is, indeed, fairly substantial, the savings in electricity would rather quickly offset this discrepency.

The threads at "the other site" show what look to be fairly healthy, normal, though somewhat stretched, marijuana plants. I'm guessing that when the horticultural market is given the proper LED bulb--equivalent in both operation and result to a 400w sodium lamp--they'll dump HID's like a zit on their arse. Like yesterdays trash. Like...well...you get the idea. At the moment, at least in my local hydro shops, no LED's are being offered. When you can walk into a shop and buy an LED bar that is equivalent to a 400w sodium light (in result and size) for less than 500 bucks, that's when HID manufacturers need to worry.

I welcome them, and hope they get here soon. It'd be nice to get the same results from 87 watts as you do with 1087 watts, eh?

porgy

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

hey randy i while back some guy was doing an LED grow with some boards he made himself and the site he was ordering his leds from they had a lot of different wavelengths available that would easily fix the spectrum problem by the others. they had reds and orange 10nm apart so you could get some good coverage. Still too damn expensive and needs more developement time but atleast they are starting to get some of these problems out of the way.

8. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Mixing reds and orange?

I was wondering if Stop light LEDs would work?

They look bright cuz we can see them in day light far away..

Yep I switch to LEDs if they were proven.