The freshest of all fresh seeds.

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Psycho D, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

I pollinated some Hashplant with SS. Overdid one so it's worthless as far as smokables....

My question is...since I'm not going to smoke it, should I go about the norm as far as drying and all that shit before the seeds are viable to germ? Best way to go about this? Never crossed on purpose before so this is kinda new for me. The other plants that didn't get so much jizz don't look ready to chop but this one seems like it has mature seeds.

1. It's not a herm.

2. Outdoor.

3. Soil, if that matters.

Thanks for the tips. I'm just antsy to see what this cross will turn out like.

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Yea let it go all the way till the normal harvest. .When she is ready the seeds will literally be poking out the top of the seed pods when ready. At least you will have a shit load of seeds for later. :thumbs-up:

3. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Cool. Thanks Mr. G.

4. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

What I've read was that the seeds need a little more time than regular buds, so you should let the pollinated flowers go a bit longer than you would if you were going to smoke them. Leave the whole plant a bit longer or cut the non-pollinated branches only and leave the seeded branches an extra week or two.

I just checked a book and it said the seeds take 6 weeks to develop, so it would depend on when you pollinated the plant. You can just check them on the plant and if they are brown and hard they should be pretty much ready.

I think to be safe though, a week or two too much is better than a week or two too little.

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

good point thats what I did on the last batch of seeds. Did two branches on each plant. Harvested the plant and left the seeded branches on for another couple of weeks.

t6

6. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

I don't understand why you would not smoke something just because it has seeds. Having seeds in no way affects the quality of the smoke, or its potency, just the quantity. I guess if you have plenty to spare you can afford to pitch perfectly good smoke, but it seems like such a waste.

When I've intentionally made seeds, I pollinated as early as possible, as soon as I saw both male and female flowers. I then harvested same as with non-seeded plants. I didn't do anything special or let them go extra long. So far, I've been 100% with seeds I made.

7. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

One plant among many. "buds" are 85% seed. Obviously I'll keep the shake but, not really hard-up for a joint or 3.

Basically I just wanted to hear if there was some sort of tempering process (i.e. going from plant to germ) or preperation I should know about. I want to flip these indoors ASAP.

Thanks folks.

8. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I let them air dry for about a week before storeing or germinateing the seeds.

t6

9. 420/24/7/4/12

420/24/7/4/12 Excommunicated

The seeds should be ready in the seed pod before you pick them so you can dry them as fast as you want as long as you don't care about the smoke.

I would grow as many as you can because the variations may be great and you really will not know what you have until you grow a lot of them to see what the best is.

10. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

This was two very small branches on two plants. As you can see its a ton of seeds. Useing the drying method and harvest the germ rate on these was very high. Need I say more?
    t6

[​IMG]

11. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

T6 thanks.

Thunderbirds 6! This is a GO! (a rare pot to marionette reference! haha)

Updates soon..