Dabney Blue

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by nippie, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

This post is seriously informative. Prolly the closest I'll ever get to DB, but I'd give it a try now since I know. Is DB like a holy grail of herb?

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

No not by any means...but it is a top notch expression of the herb, I have found that if grown half assed it will turn to poop on the quality side.....but if given a tru effort its a killer for sure, ive had it turn tint of bluish purple on me and be completely covered in sugar......and the smoke when its in that state is beyond words, as well as the muffin-y taste, its a crazy overall smoke from sight to taste to high etcetc...

3. ScottyG420

I see. Interesting stuff.

When you say "pre 98 bubba kush", do you mean you've had a mother plant going for like 15 years?

4. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

I am satan. I will gladly take your souls.

You can reach me at (666) 666-6666. Please leave a message. :roffl:

Dab is a mystery. She looks like an indica, but she's a sativa in indica clothes. If you S1 her, you can really the two different sides of her parents. Rumor is that it is the "unknown" indica in DJ short's lines, but I don't know about that. It's possible she is some of DJ's early work. It's also possible she is just some old school NL x Skunk cross from the PNW. She definitely has musky skunky undertones that come out more when you let her go longer. Also, the Blueberry sweetness kind of transforms into a sweet pink grapefruit undertone. It's more like blueberry grapefruit skunk farts at 10 weeks IMO.

The Pre 98 BK is just a tag. Someone trying to say their cut is the oldest. But it wasn't around until 2004-2005, while the Katsu cut has been around in my garden since 1999-2000. Also, the katsu is much slower to root, veg, etc. She is not nearly as vigorous as the Pre 98, indicating she is aged more. Only other differences are a slight pallet change, with Katsu being slightly more kushy with coffee undertones, the P98 is a bit more pronounced on the coffee.

Cheers

5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Ok. I tried calling and my phone melted. Bastard.

6. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

and I already traded my soul for 1/2 a Mallowmar

7. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

You and a thousand others:kidding:
    MIne would be better though Im going prepared with a giant cooler with ice to collect a huge batch of statis clones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t6

8. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

useless,

so I guess no males of this line exist then right?

and how common are these clones? like i said it's almost like bigfoot or something, everyone knows someone that knows someone....well i think anyone that i know personally is full of shit if they say they have smoked it. I don't know how wide spread these clones are, but I have been growing for a minute or two and have never seen her in my neck of the woods.

I've seen some copies, but never the real thing. People have told me they could get me seeds, and that's always a dead give away that it's not what i was looking for.

Maybe she's over hyped, but I would like to see her one day.

Do you think Esko's cross is going to be the closest to the real deal. He stated it was going to be a tribute to DJ Short

9. ScottyG420

Goddamn that's one helluva explanation! :good job:

Man, I wish I could taste differences in weed. Most of the time, to me, weed tastes mostly all the same. I wish I could experience the nuances and tastes you're descibing.

10. CCrete

I got mine from a guy in Conneticut, im sure its all over the place if its in Cali and Conn.

I surely dont think shes over hyped, same with the Pre98Bubba......Ive ran and moved over 30 strains in the past 5 years to dummies and connesuers and 5 were the standouts that always get asked for and "Where is the?" coming from their mouths....."That skunky blueberry pancake stuff" is the Dabney...."That minty fresh coffee" is the Bubba..."That stank ass peppery killer" is the White Rhino....."That shit that reeks" is the AK...."That fruity killer" was the Pineapple Express............Ive ran so many other things that never get talked about or asked for it kills me....so mant things that I liked....but some things just dont make the cut, even if they are namebrand items

BUT..the Dab is the real mccoy, big huge greasy colas of berry muffin skunky stank......LOVE IT!

Sorry I forgot the LUI....that shit stinks worse than anything ive ever smelled and the stone is over the top......I just recieved a cut a few months back but have yet to get a full yield out of her

11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I hope you choke to death on a blueberry muffin!:smokin::roffl::roffl::roffl:

12. CCrete

Theres options T6...

13. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Never heard of the L.U.I., but what else is new? Sounds great. I love my PE.

14. CCrete

LUI hasnt been sold in seed form for, I believe, like 6+ years

Its main lineage is ORTEGA and other is SWEET TOOTH

The ortega is Mr.Nices male from which his entire line has been developed from, the ST is also a oldie but goodie but i believe both are available in some forms on a singular note

15. ScottyG420

You dudes use so many abbreviations for the names of breeds and seed banks that I don't even know what half these posts mean.

16. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Ok. I know of both of those. Must be nice.

17. CCrete

then ask:roffl:

18. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Sounds reasonable.

Scotty, that's how I learn. Then if it sounds good, I'll try it.

19. CCrete

just like most of us here, Ill share anything that i have to give.....ANYTHING

20. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

CC, your Dab comes from me, via a third party if I recall correctly.

There is no Dab in seed form.

Esko's work is nothing like the dab, two different worlds.