pop corn budz

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Ettna, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Ettna

Ettna New Sprout

i got a plant that is 5 weeks into flowering, currently has a 10 in. cola.....but lots of little pop corn budz at the bottom. think i shouldchop these branches off? i want a fat cola, not little pop corn budz. woul chopping these lower bud sites make the plant send more energy to the cola? or is it to late since its already half way doneflowering

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

It could but at 5 weeks it's a toss up of what will giv eyou more weight in the end at this point you could get a bigger harvest with that little amount of time left just leaving it alone, then again if those popcorn site don't seem like they have done shit but the colas have been growing slow hell chop them off and hope the cola really explodes. Just make sure and take a note of where you should do trimming so when you start the next cycle you will know what you need to cut off around the two week mark of flower to pup those bigger buds out. Hope that makes some sense to ya.

3. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

popcorn buds are as potent as the main cola. At 5 weeks the plant has already put a lot of work into the popcorns, id leave them.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Depends.....

Don't you love a definite answer?

If you have a long flowering sativa (like 12 weeks or more) you could lop them off and maybe get a fatter cola, but why? If you are giving full nutes and the plant is doing well otherwise why mess with a good thing? Like EvilSkuzzi said, the nugs are just as potent as the cola and if the plant doesn't respond like you hope you will have cheated yourself of a few grams of decent yield.

If it is an indica (I have NO experience here, just speculation) that has a short flower time, say 7-9 weeks, it would probably do you no good whatsoever.

Just an opinion.

5. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

Too late

...for removing them to cause much of an effect up top.. but I think EVERY grower/smoker has done it...:icon_confused:

The waiting's the hardest part!

:stop:

:scream:

:qbluewacko:

6. brand

brand Begun Flowering

I think it depends on the color. Are they nice and dark green like the tops, or are they much lighter in color and just barely getting by? I think you get the notion. :)

On a side note, does anyone else ever have to bring up 2 screens, one with the message box and the other with the post, to keep referencing to?

I know I am not the only one, or is my bud that good?:jj: :jj:

7. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

I just scroll down

the last 10 posts are listed below the message box if you scroll down.

But on topic, I agree with brand, if they are really light green and not getting light it makes sense to remove.

Grat

8. brand

brand Begun Flowering

well that might speed things up! Thanks grat.