PYRETHRUM bombs ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by CCrete, Jan 10, 2010.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Ok a pyrethrum bomb.........I need to know how to use it correctly? Plants in the room? how do i place them? how long do i saty out of room? whats the overall proper way to use this thing?????

Any help and info is greatly thanked!!!!

2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Chris they should have directions on the can I used one without plants in the room you set it off and leave the room sealed for like a couple hours I think. It's just like bombing a house for fleas or bugs-Bud

3. CCrete

It says you can leave them in the room (plants) but, I dunno bout that shit!

Im thinkin like a flea bomb too and those things are mighty, i know smarmy army used them before.....wheres he at!?!?!

4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Are your plants in flower if so how long which one do you have doktor doom you can use in flower

5. CCrete

I got 2 of these, I have nothing in my flower, just finished up a monster run so now i have a chance to rip it all down and spray with bleach and repaint and then reframe the area, rehang the panda film and lights and go back to work...!!!!! So its new from here on in this time.....again for the 5th time

http://htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=54871

6. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

That some strong shit I used the same shit in a big spray can before.-Bud

7. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I'd do it with the plants in the room, that way you can "treat" the plants also, and not just the room.

I've used this EXACT fogger many times. LOL

I'd recommend using it at least twice, about 5 days apart.

1 of those little foggers will treat about 3000 sq ft.

I place it in the middle of the grow area and open the door to the flower room, so it can get in there too. But my rooms are right next to each other.

Make sure you cover ANYTHING that my be injested . . . i.e. trim, bubble bags, dog food, any open water source (watering equipment and storage).

Be careful with it and I think you'll be very happy with the results. :bigok:

The can and the internet should have all the info you need. :idea:

8. CCrete

Thanks RockyMtn......The "Room" is actually a sealed, door enclosed room, masonary block room, within this 14x11 room is 3 panda film built rooms, clone,veg,flower..........the flower room is destroyed and all gone now, now there is a 5x3.5 veg room and a 2ft by 4 ft clone room.....your saying to take all plants out of the rooms, leave the othe rooms open and let off the bomb????????? How long should I stay out of the room ???

9. RkyMtnWayHigh69

@ Chriscrete - I leave all the plants in the room. You want to "treat" them, so if they're not in the room, you might be doing all this for not, if something is still living on the plants . . . which is where they do live.

You and all other non-plant living things, should stay out of the room for about 4 hours minimum. I usually do the "bomb" in the morning and then wait till the evening to re-enter the area. I also leave a fan on low to circulate the fogger, but you don't want it blowing the "fog" away.

Pretty basic really, just be super careful with animals and things you plan on consuming.

This should wipe anything out entirely!

Good luck!

(Pardon my run-the-fuck-on-sentences)

CCrete likes this.
  10. CCrete

any other folks want to teach me something?

11. RkyMtnWayHigh69

I deal with spider mites EVERY year. My fuckin cat brings them in, I think. Or they get inside from the yard some other way. We have BAD spider mite problems here in Colorado. Pretty much any untreated (chemicals) yard, will be infested.

Needless to say I have some experience with spider mites. I've tried many other methods if anyones curious, just ask . . .:roll:

12. CCrete

Ok well, im going to be setting off the bomb here in a lil bit so wish me luck, i was also going to be giving them a neem oil bath after a few days too, good idea? it seems to be a constant treatment for spider mites over the years....you tell me.....Im also going to be BLEACHING the entire grow area afterwards and fully repainting as well, then a full re-panda filming and re-do of the flower area......then i will wipe down both the veg and clone rooms.....think thats enough RockyMtn???? and obviously re-treat with the neem a few times following in the weeks and re-bombing every 3-4 months seems to be a need too

13. RkyMtnWayHigh69

First of all, good luck! :)

The neem oil bath is a great idea. I'd do the same.

I'm not sure you need to re-build everything unless your already doing that. Seems like it wouldn't make any difference as far as pest control, but I may be missing something.

Wiping down everything is a good idea for keeping things clean, but the pest's live on the plant, and will die quickly without plant support. So, I won't say don't wipe everything down, but don't kill yourself trying to wash every square inch. ;)

I'd re-treat with neem oil in 3-4 days then bomb again after another 4-5 days . . . then a final neem oil application should be more than enough.

The main thing is to eliminate the 3 stages of growth.

Egg/Larvae/adult

"Spider mite development differs somewhat between species, but a typical life cycle is as follows. The eggs are attached to fine silk webbing and hatch in approximately three days. The life cycle is composed of the egg, the larva, two nymphal stages (protonymph and deutonymph) and the adult. The length of time from egg to adult varies greatly depending on temperature. Under optimum conditions (approximately 80ºF), spider mites complete their development in five to twenty days. There are many overlapping generations per year. The adult female lives two to four weeks and is capable of laying several hundred eggs during her life."

1. Eliminate the adults so they can't lay any more eggs.

2. Spray neem oil to smother any remaining adults and eggs.

3. Bomb again to ensure no adults have formed from the larvae stage.

4. Neem oil once again to be positive no stage of life could have slipped past your onslaught.

I have an exact recipe somewhere, but it's basically the same thing.

Good luck and keep us updated. ;)

14. CCrete

well that seems to be the recipie........thanks for all the help and patience......the reason for the rebuild is, it was needed and i just wanted to be very precise.....its not really that big of a deal.....i just left the frame of the flower room up and took the film down, all my hooks and ducting is still in place.....Like I said......thanks big time RockyMtn.....big help

15. CCrete

16. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

CHris -

Open the doors to all plant areas so the fogger can get in.

Leave the plants in the room.

Blast the fogger.

Wait about 4-8 hours before opening up the room(s) and airing everything out.

24 hours later, rinse the leafs of all plants with a misting from a spray bottle.

72 hours after dropping the bomb, use neem or smc or flouramite. Repeat every 72 hours for 3 treatments. No more bugs.

Rinse the walls with a 10% bleach solution and youre good to go.

17. CCrete

Thanks Use, sounds like a good recipie......i've already done the bomb just the way you guys spelled it out, in a few days the NEEM then rinse and repeat, thanks again everyone

18. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Just like he said . . . you definitely want to mist the plants leaves to rinse away the neem oil so the plant can breathe easier.

I mist my plants on a regular basis, so I failed to mention it as part of your regiment.

Other than that I think Useless and I are on the same page. ;)

Thanks for your input Useless . . . once again it's useful! :biggrin::bigok:

19. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

I believe those can be toxic to smaller plants. I think that's the fogger I used that toasted my clones to all hell.

20. smoker69

smoker69 Excommunicated

You Knew. Smiles

Hahahahahah. I will teach you a lesson. the Lesson that Plagues ME. ha ha follow your own advice.

Chris Crete- me just hangin really. My monitor blew. and im on a budget. But the way I see it. just pick the best option. There are not better opinions anywhere on earth- ie GK baby

Dont you think Mick McHickenstiller is a good name for me? I forgot the pass word though. hmm oh well. maybe just wash the area down with bleach 2x in a week. that should do it.