Marijuana and Death Metal

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by astheundeadrise, Jun 26, 2006.

1. the_clairvoyant89

the_clairvoyant89 Developed Alternating Nodes

what are you talking about Iron Maiden is coming out with an album this november! and metallica's new album thats coming out sounds more like their old stuff, all NU-METAL stuff is annoying with all the growling and crappy ass lyrics. Oh and fuck you Judas Priest Rules!!!!

2. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

That is my kinda music too!

Not to mention.....

AC/DC

Rush

Tool

Korn

Guns N Roses,

Metallica,

Led Zepplin,

Black Crowes,

VanHalen,

Pantera,

....many more!

3. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I don't know i'm pretty sure Rob Halford is gay! I love metallica, posion, guns and roses' all that but madden i've never been to much on i don't know like you say nu metals growling but a lot of old metal is screetchy, thats the only way i can describe it. Oh and Ozzy is bad ass gotta love the sabbath days but for me its mainly because of tonni and for the just ozzy days couldn't go wrong with Randy Rhodes. as for metallicas new album i guess we will see when it gets here, they said the other albums were good too but if you ask me it all started going down hill really fast with load, then reload and it was over! only albums really worth it were and justice for all, metal up your ass, kill em all, the black album, ride the lighting, and master of puppets. I know thats most of there albums but shit ever since '96 when load came out it started going south quick. It just a matter of preference for instance you like judas priest evertime i hear it makes me laugh cause it makes me think that Rob got into the metal seen cause he didn't want people to think he was gay, that and just an openly gay singer for a old school metal band is funny and kind of wierd. Like i don't have anythign against gay people at all its just that kinda thing works for a band like orgy but for judas priest it just seems like the band was his closet!

4. skunky

damn it sorry didn't mean to double post!

5. Gravdigr

Gravdigr New Sprout

gotta agree with skunky, Metallica went to shit with load. The last song I heard from them was st anger and they should be ashamed, especially Lars. He played drums like a 12 year old in a garage...no I take that back, that would be insulting any12 year olds playing drums in their garage. Nothing was better than seeing Joey play for Metallica when Lars got sick...he played metallicas songs better than their actual drummer could ever do ie. Joey is the shit. And how can you say the rest of the band sucks (you know who you are)? Have you ever heard Corey actually sing (without growling)? Listen to the song Bother sometime by Stone Sour, Corey is the lead singer. If you don't agree that he can sing then you have no taste *insert happy just goofing with ya smiley here*.

I also listen to

Zombie

Korn

10 Years

Trivium

Limp Bizkit

Gorillaz

Manson

Mudvayne

Nickleback (lyrica to animal may have been written about the wife and I when we were dating)

Avenged Sevenfold

HIM

MCR

Soilwork

And the list goes on. I mainly listen to anything but country and rap (would rather remove my own heart with a rusty spoon than listen to gangster rap.

What my wife and I usually do is get blazed saturday night and watch headbangers ball on MTV2, sometimes her brother comes over to hang out too....we need to get a hooka.....where's my pants??......

6. SFC

SFC Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I agree with you skunky about the newer stuff growing on you. Before I bought my Sirius reciever I didn't much care for any of the newer metal. But now that I have been tuned into Hard attack for awhile I gotta say some of it is good shit. I used to be a dyed in the wool Ozzy fan, but after seeing now how much of a blabbering idiot he is I have lost all respect for him, Especially after catching him lipsynching at Ozzfest 03, could have been 04 ( I forget) Any way if not for Zach Wylde writing most of his modern shit he wouldn't have had anything worthwhile.

As for Halford, Man he always has set my Gaydar off LOL, It was no surprise when he turned up Butt Pirate. They still regadless of that have earned their place in metal history,and I respect their music. Rock on people.

7. Gravdigr

Gravdigr New Sprout

Oh forgot about ozzy.....Most maiden fans I know are not happy with the osbournes after the snafu with Sharon. Anyway I saw Ozzy at ozzfest 2004 and left halfway through his act unimpressed. He didn't even remember the lyrics correct for Wizard. Zach Wylde ripped it up though.

8. the_clairvoyant89

Yeah ozzy is really losing his voice fast!! at ozzfest 2005 his voice was cracking in every other line of the lyrices...And for you gravdigger, how could you like Limp Bizkit!!! C'mon!!!

9. Mr Orange

Mr Orange New Sprout

or nickelback!!! :eek:

10. the_clairvoyant89

11. skunky

Yeah i can't stand limp bizkit ever since they lost the only good member wes borland, i just can't stand fredd douche bag! Nickelback ehh its ok if its on the radio and nothing else good on and you got no good cds with ya but a little to whiny and i swear next time i hear that song photograph i'm going to shoot someone! well not really but damn that song is really old! As for KoRn they are nothing like they used to be in the day, like metallica they lost in with follow the leader! the first three albums were pretty good, but issues blew, the untouchables was ok, but i used to be a die hard korn fan like back in middle school but not anymore. Can't really stnad HIM either i think the only reason they really blew up was because of bam's support towards the band! I would much rather listen to CKY. But as for the shit i'm curretnly listening to, SOAD, Slipknot, Mudvayne(ld 50), Atreyu(curse), pantera(far beyond driven), Hatebreed, forty below summer, the used, the bleed and my chemical romance. For anybody that doesn't like the nu stuff you should sacrifice your ears for a few minutes and listen to forty below summers we the people, thats a good song, and Atreyus bleeding mascara, the crimson, and right side of the bed. trust me they're pretty good songs just for the atreyu you might want to try the other two before bleeding mascara that ones screams a little more, but the intro guitar part is pretty bad ass!

12. Im into the metalcore like Darkest Hour, As I Lay Dying, Endthisday, Norma Jean, The Bled, Misery Signals, Unearth, Haste the Day, Between the Buried and Me.

You should check some of those bands out.

13. rtyree

rtyree Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I prefer Niel Sadaka or Wayne Newton They Rock. Don't they?

14. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

Wayne Newton???? thats goin a lil bit far

15. the_clairvoyant89

im pretty sure he was being sarcastic, if not...damn!!!!

16. weedgrl

weedgrl Metalhead

my husband is more of a black metal fan and he recommends:

Sort Vokter

Abyssic Hate

Forgotten Tomb

Nokturnal Mortum

Xasthur

Kreig

Weakling

Nortt

Twilight

Ulver

Velvet Cacoon

Burzum

Katatonia

but for death metal:

Cryptopsy

Vital Remains

Arghoslent

Vaginal Jesus

...and be sure to try funeral/doom/stoner/drone metal

17. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

didn't hear anyone mention Danzig?

18. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

I agree my friend. TOOL has always made killer music. Sounds kinda dumb but TOOL turned up really loud and bassy gives me chills. Alot of heavy shit does the same thing. Slipknot and Korn both as well. Korns First album was fccking sick! kinda went downhill but i still listen to em now and then. I watched SLipknots "disasterpiece" DVD and it kicked ass!!! THeir songs sound better live than they do on the albums. Songs like "people=Shit" and "disasterpiece" and "Heretic". Ive seen 2 manson shows, one in 97 when "antichrist superstar" was out, and one back in 03' when "mOBSCENE" came out. Both shows were pretty damned good. The first one was more when he was a fuckkin nut. He cut himself pretty bad that show across his chest LOL The one in 03' he was more in the black suits and has PLAYBOY style goth dancer chicks doin contortionist acts with no panties on. Twas a good one!

White Zombie/Rob,Pantera,Primus,StoneTemplePilots,AliceInChains,SoundGarden,HedPE,NIN,etc..

Beyond that i mostly listen to anything cept country and techno dance shit.

But i must say since TOOL 10 000days came out. I have listened to one or more track every day. No lie. And i can still listen to it from start to finish without getting bored. Just like all their previous albums. Plus the album comes with lenses built into the front flap that you gaze through at the inside art. It uses two identical photos side by side, they blend into a 3 dimensional image. Once you look through the lenses and know how to adjust your eyes, you can do this on your own if you take "poloroid pictures or whatever" and line up doubles exactly right and do it without the lenses. I already have. :D

[​IMG]

19. the_clairvoyant89

Holy shit how can i forget Danzig!!! maybe cause i havent listened to him in while but he kicks ass!!!

20. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

DAMN! You hit four in a row that I live for.

Starting with Primus and ending with Soundgarden. I LOVE AliceInChains. I think that 'Dirt' is one of my favorite albums of all time.

F'ing lead singer had to go & OD. :mad: