ok so...

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by sayuhmwhat4787, Aug 10, 2006.

1. sayuhmwhat4787

sayuhmwhat4787 Veggy Stage

my girl looks like she is doing extremly well. there are some worries tho (nothing major of course, just small, petty things)

I've been bringing her inside for 12/12 for almost a month now, and boy is she producing some nice looking hairs, but I think she should be growing faster. I have her in a SMALL bucket, about 10" deep, and maybe a foot wide, when I poke the dirt, it almost feels like the roots have turned around and are about to poke back up threw the dirt. thus far into budding, how much would it hurt if I just pulled her out and plopped her into a 5 gal. bucket for the rest of the grow?

another thing, I don't think this is a def. prob. but the leaves are starting to die off from the bottom up... it takes a good 5-7 days for a set of leaves to die and fall off, then the next set, then the next... but everything else is extremly healthy, so is this just because it's in the budding stage?

either way, it looks like she's gonna make me a happy man in about a month/two, I'll try to go get some good pics real quick so you can see how she is doing.

2. bdub420

bdub420 Full Flowering

Yes, the leaves yellowing and falling off is normal once the MJ plant really starts flowering...Like 1 month in...Im not really sure about the transplant issue though..By what youre saying, the yellow and dying leaves could be due to root-binding??

3. sayuhmwhat4787

well

thats what I'm kinda worried about, I'm afraid that the pot it is currently in, isn't going to let it grow enough during flowering, but I'm not sure if it is worth transplanting, cause it will give it more room to grow, but will it shock it too much, I don't wanna do it if it's not worth it.

also here are some of the pics of it I just took

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sayuhmwhat4787

also...

if you notice on one side of the plant, the secondary shoots are much underdeveloped compared to the other side, do you think I should chop them off so the rest of the plant will grow faster.. orrr noo?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BlazedSoldier

BlazedSoldier Germinated

sayuhm, those roots are really bound right now man. I had a problem similar to yours and when I transplanted about the time you're at, I found the roots circled the inside of the pot. After I transplanted the plant started budding hardcore.

6. sayuhmwhat4787

so then it's not gonna shock her too bad?

also... should I chop off those under-developed branches?? anyone?

7. ontheisland

ontheisland Veggy Stage

don't brutally chop the branches but rather prune them down and allow more light to get down through there. if your plant is root bound at this stage you're fucked and you certainly don't want to transplant right now a month into 12/12 b/c you want the plants energy to be focused into producing buds and not trying to stave off shock. Besides, you transplant into order to allow growth and flowering for bud development not root development.

8. mike

mike Veggy Stage

I have had this problem before. But they where veg state. So no real problem

I would hope on you next grow allways use pots that are much taller then they are wide. Like my ones in veg are in 4 in wide BY 7 in deep. This allows the root to grow more in a downword direction. Then you will only notice root bound when the roots are actualy sticking out the botom of the pot. I would not transplant your plant at this stage cause it will stop flowering. If the roots do pop over the top of the pot. Your plant probley will die tho. Sorry

9. bdub420

bdub420 Full Flowering

brosef-----a good rule of thumb is 1 gallon of media per foot of vertical growth..I do 1.25 times that, just to be safe

10. sayuhmwhat4787

yea, see, I had a few other plants that were started first, and I had them in my bigger pots, then when these started I didn't have any big pots so I had to put them in what they are in now... now that I have removed the males, I have bigger pots... *sigh* oh well, I'll just have to see what comes of it. btw, I actually have my 2 plants still in the field, one is showing preflowers just today, IT'S A SHE!! and growing fast... dunno about the other one... thanks for the responses