As if our lives depend upon it

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Dixie Hicky, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Hi, you GKers

In our recent "Stephen Hawkins says" thread, it became clear that many, even most of us believe there is no Divine Intelligence and the mind of Man is pretty much the Pinacle of consciousness. Could be true, but I hope not. For one thing, IF Man is the best and highest intellect in this universe, we're in a world of shit! Just look around.

Humans created this mess and humans COULD fix it...but WILL we? Again, look around. Doesnt look promising, does it?

But many of you said you were open to the possibility of something bigger and it is to those I speak.

At the distinct risk of looking REALLY stupid, Im posting this hoping some folks here will say, "What the hell, it's worth a try" and join me on this Trip-It isnt a hard choice foir me, because hey, I believe in the power of the Mind (Universal Mind as well as the individual mind) to create this elusive thing we call "reality". Some of you do, too. Others say "maybe". Whatever! Laugh and point at me if you will, LOL, OR jump on board if you think it's worth a shot. If you're even willing to suspend disbelief for 11 minutes for 11 days, and PRETEND you believe, that's fine, too.

Pretend as if your life and the life of this planet depends upon it.

Check it out- You dont need to sign up--

http://www.newrealitytransmission.com/

2. PharmDoc

PharmDoc Just a NORML guy

I agree with you in the snse that if we're the tops, we're fucked because we definitely have our flaws as a society. I like Michio Kaku's idea that he talks about with the three levels (or 4 depending on how you look at it) of civilization.

Level 1 society: Planetary society: No countries per se, just a global society tolerant to varying beliefs and whatnot sharing ALL the world's resources and CONTROLLING the internal power inherent of the planet itself. This means controlling earthquakes, volcanoes, the weather etc. to harness their power and drive our society. Kaku continues to say that we have yet to reach this status and are as of today a level ZERO society, but he believes we are about 100 years away from attaining this status. He adds that this is the MOST DIFFICULT transition of all because of whats invovled in essentially homogenizing all the worlds countries/beliefs/resources without us literally blowing ourselves up. The 2 key stages in becoming a level 1 society (in Dr. Kaku's opinion) are the manipulation of hydrocarbons (to make plastics) and the discovery of element number 92: Uranium.

Level 2 society: Stellar society: Like the Federation in Star Trek, these types of societies will be able to harness the power of their mother stars to power their worlds, giving them a much larger pot to draw from as far as energy sources go.

Level 3 society: Galactic society: Like the Empire in Star Wars, these types of societies will harness the power of entire galaxies. This level of society, according to Dr. Kaku, would be the pinnacle of existence/evolution in the universe. Could you imagine having an entire GALAXY living as one cohesive unit? Shit, we can't even get a city of 70,000 people to agree one way or another let alone an innumerable amount of beings! This is why Kaku states that the transition from 0 to 1 is most perilous. With the advent of hydrocarbon chemistry and the discovery of Uranium, we are perched upon the razors edge of evolution and advancement. We now have a choice: exhaust our resources that we have and end up killing ourselves in a global-scale war over who gets to eat what and who's powering the generators, or become that Level 1 society that has moved beyond the archaeic means of powering our world with rotting plant material and Dino-oil. The choice is ours.

Personally, I think it'd be cool to see the transition from 0 to 1, but I don't think my generation will live long enough to see it happen. Given the 50/50 shot, maybe that's a good thing :alien11:

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Good luck......I guess?

Wow.....I am not sure if I should touch this one........Hank?...................:bong-2:

4. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

I think we are generations from being able to live as "1 world". Right now WE,

as a plant are to conerned about what each of us wants as opposed to what the world needs. The world needs to get past the thought that "My God is better then your God" and realize that IF there is a God, He is the same God just wearing different hats to suit different people around our world. I know that I will never see world peace, my sons will never see world peace and their childern will probability never see world peace. But I am hopeful that, as

a world, one day it will happen.

Then again, I could be totally wrong and full of shit.

Peace.....someday.

5. Dixie Hicky

He thinks we need MORE plastics?

Im confident we have everything we need right here to support a reasonably sized global community. Sadly, that "reasonable" number is about three billion fewer than we currently have. Fixable, by people choosing to have just one kid, but...too many third world countries see kids as their "wealth" and purpose. The sun and water are sources of energy forever. We just havent passed the infancy of the technology to harness, fully and efficiently, those sources.

Sure, given 100 years, we may and probably WIULL get there. My qurestion is, do we HAVE another 100 years?

Im jhust damn glad Im 60 and not 20, LOL.

Dixie

6. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

This has been done before under a group/program called "Fire the Grid". It was a bad idea then, and it's a bad idea now. Based on current and historical magical theory, magic and reality shifting is something that you have to be committed to and TRAIN for. Being untrained and lending your energy to a project such as this can have a wide variety of unplesant consequences:

1. Lust of result. Lust of result is the principal that whenever you try to initiate a change in the ether, your desire to see the result achieved is matched by a deep-seeded disbelief or clinging to the current paradigm. In the case of any human that does not have superpowers, this power is always stronger. The trained practitioner shifts the balance in their favor most commonly by using some form of symbolism or ritual to obscure the intent and thus avoid the backlash caused by lust of result. As lower-level results are achieved, this disbelief becomes less powerful. For example, Neo in The Matrix fell on his first super-jump because he couldn't completely embrace the fact that the physical laws could be broken. He then moved on to resurrection, flying, etc. but only after learning to jump.

2. Who's running the ritual? And make no mistake, this is a ritual. Your consent and participation lends raw energy to the pool that can be used by those who are running the show (or might co-opt it) that have put in place other silent factors. The Federal Reserve does this with the dollar bill, which is a sigil spell that is triggered/empowered by those who use dollars that funnels this energy/control back to those that control the Fed. They also use 11:11: 13 5-pointed stars = 65 = 11. 13 olives, 13 leaves, 13 stripes, 13 arrows, 13 arrowheads = 65 = 11. Between this we see E. Pluribus Unum (out of many, one - or a one world government) as well as the eagle which is a representation of Horus/Anu. For all we know, the organizers of this event could be counting on lust of result to create a superior negative force that they can then piggyback on to raise Cthulhu or some shit. They either don't know what they are doing, or they do know what they are doing and for some reason promoting the abandonment of best practices.

3. Be careful what you wish for, or define your terms. So you want to live in a world of harmony with no wars, everybody happy, etc. You make a wish and it is granted. Tomorrow you wake up to an alien invasion. 98% of the population of the planet is vaporized, and the rest are rounded up and placed into some sort of camp/colony to be guided into what the aliens feel is a proper civilization. Thoughts and emotions are controlled via superior technology, at least until permanent modifications can be implemented. The aliens rebuild infrastructure and within a year humans are functioning very much like an ant colony - everyone knows their place, there are no wars, and everyone is happy. You are thrilled that your wish came true and all of those deaths were a great thing because it led to a golden age and a "type 1" civilization for mankind - your brain chip leaves no doubt.

To quote Hank:

:F-A-Q:

RkyMtnWayHigh69 and ResinRubber like this.
  7. Dixie Hicky

Lion,

"“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” ~Siddhartha"

Dixie

RkyMtnWayHigh69 likes this.
  8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'm with you Dixie! I like the idea and I do believe in the power of visualization and affirmation. The wife will find this particularly interesting since she is a Yogi and very in tune with vibrations. She meditates and uses positive visualization and affirmation every day. She and I both firmly believe that the power of thought projection is a very real concept and we need more positive energy flowing throughout the world. There is so much negativity swirling all around us that I bet I will be able to feel the positive energy when these cooperative thought projections take place. I don't think that there can be a negative effect from truly positive energy projection.

Irie vibrations my sistren!:thumbs-up:

9. LionLoves420

All Buddhas would shake there heads. We are all one. But just as we are a collective, we are an individual. To live in peace does not mean to live as one. The individual is just as important to finding enlightenment as is the shedding of the individual. Living is just as important as death.

The mind is what leads us to these things, not homogeneity.

Group Thought = Group Prayer: Ism.

10. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Pretty deep shit!

Wow! I'm not sure where to start . . .

I do TOTALLY believe that our thoughts can and are manifested into reality in some form or another. Sort of like when a person looks at the phone thinking about someone else and then the phone rings and it's that other person calling.:shocked:

Or, when a person actively thinks and has a conscious awareness of something they wish to happen/not happen. Often times if the conditions are right, that will or will not happen. To explain this further, I believe if I'm driving down the road with a wheel bearing going out and the only thing holding it together is the centrifugal force created by the spinning wheel. An unaware consciousness might not put any energy into "willing" that the wheel remain on until the next safe place to pull off, and the wheel in turn falls off on the road. On the other hand, someone with a full conscious awareness of the situation and a willingness and desire to have the wheel stay on for another mile; "Come on, PLEASE, PLEASE let me make it to the next pull off."

Does the wheel remain on the car more often with an active awareness projected for it to remain on? Under the exact same circumstances, what if the projected energy was all that was different?

I try to think of all the bad things that can happen to me in a given day and I actively think of how to prevent those thing from happening, and more often than not, those bad things don't happen. Whether it be because of my projected positive energy, or because I got lucky? It's usually the things I haven't thought about/prepared for, that actually end up happening. If I'm aware of the risk, I can normally avoid it.

Very hard to explain, but I KNOW for a fact that the energy my mind creates, DEFINITELY has an effect on the world around me.

I also think our "laws of existence" remain at the simplest form. We make thing more difficult than they are. Nothing is magic, it's all explainable.

Take for example our world as it exists today . . . we're all the same breed, humans. We all have the same parts, male/female. We all have the same thought processes in our brains, for the most part, compassion/love/caring/anger/rage/forgivingness, desire and many other things that tie us together. Yet, we still remain thinking that we're somehow different from one another and our will/laws/beliefs should be imposed on others who are not on the same path we're on. We fight amongst ourselves. We consume more than we can sustain. We destroy/extinct/eliminate life around us at alarming rates. All this seems SOOOOOOOOO difficult to understand and "cure", but the REALITY is so simple it's sickening . . . WE'RE ALL THE SAME! We should all live in harmony for us to reach our ultimate potential as a society. Otherwise we're doomed to consume until we extinct ourselves or destroy ourselves and the world around us.

Local, State, Federal, International and global borders MUST be eliminated and the limitations placed on certain elements/levels of society need to be equalized throughout, before available possible technological/spiritual advancements can take place.

Look at our current stance about discovery of new life forms . . . if we happened to stumble across us, we'd "put up caution tape" and leave us alone until stability is reach, otherwise our intervention could destroy the possibility of advancement.

Thats where we are now . . . left to decide our own existence or NOT!

Pretty intense shit, but very real and valid!

Thanks for the insight EVERYONE who responded. I enjoyed reading this thread.:alienwink: :affro:

11. Dixie Hicky

IRIE!

Dixie

12. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...Atheists don't have no songs...

DeePak Chopra once had me thinking...could it be possible that we are all one...The Hard Rock Hotel chain seems to think so...they use it as an advertising slant...however, I digress...

It seems rather logical to me that if there were a supreme being that he/she/it would have stop'd this warring crap a long time ago...don't ya' think?...I mean what kind of "creator" would find pleasure in watching the human race kill itself off...seems morbid and ludicrous...I've always thought that if there really is a God than he/she/it would have never allow'd humans to utilize a weapon like the atomic bomb...'cuz' as we all know, us humans were fuckin' with the 'sposed master plan...master plan...where's the manual>?

I would certainly like to believe that there is all sorts of love, peace, and understanding shit going on somewhere over the rainbow...but I will be damn'd if I am gunna spend my years here on this big-ass ball of dirt chasing some sort of happy happy joy joy agenda...I think it was Karl Marx who once said...Organized religion is the opiate of the masses...and when you really stop to think about "coping mechanisms" us humans employ, it is easy to see the connect...the easy step to "belief"...belief....faith....words...and as "The Police"...once said so eloquently in the excellent song call'd the Doo Doo Doo Daa Daa Daa..."Poets, Priests and politicians,...all have words to thank for their positions"...doesn't get much more to the point, now does it...stand up to rock stars...:alienwink:...

...DC...:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

13. Dixie Hicky

Sadly, seeking enlightenment and becoming enlightenbed arent the same, at all. Most who seek never find, because "I" stands in the way. Most of us suffer from terminal uniqueness. Even the man who comes to realize he is but one thread in the Tapestry secretly believes he is THE most special thread of all. Unique. Terminally. When every "I" believes he is THE special thread, the result is a world, well, pretty much like this one. Too many "I"s and not nearly enough "we"s.

Dixie

14. LionLoves420

I is We. But Group Thought is control.

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Profound Dix....but each of us is unique and deserving, at the very least, of our own respect and differentiation.

The piece you wrote sounds surprisingly similar to Mao.

16. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

Well, if we're applying the idea that we are all components of a higher group "oneness", then experiencing us kill each other off could easily be just for shits n' giggles.

Apply the same to humans, with God as our consciousness and the cells/bacteria (we're 95% bacteria, 5% cells by population). A few beers, a cigar, and some bong hits into the evening and I'm laying waste to a variety of cells. Same applies to getting laid - dick prays to mind, mind initiates movement, muscle cells are destroyed. If "God" is getting drunk AND laid, it's a virtual armageddon.

17. The Terminator

The Terminator A Toy Winding Down

Dixie

I think I'm with you on most of this. Concerning the above statement. So if I'm walking across the street and a truck comes carreening up the street, hits and killls me, did I create that by thinking about it? Isn't there room for cosmic error?

18. LionLoves420

No that statement means that we are the controllers of ourselves. We decide whether to eat certain things, to act certain ways towards people, to be a type of person, to seek enlightenment or not, and if you do find enlightenment, whether to embrace Nirvana or stay in this plane and educate others of how to reach it.

The mind is everything because it is the only thing we can control. You decide your fate, not the universe or a god. If you get hit by a bus, it is a consequence of living/how you live, not because you happen to think of it happening.:bong-2: