Buisness Tax Cuts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by teamster6, Dec 5, 2010.

1. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

As for my grow!! this is not a grow op in a sense. I do it for pleasure and smoke everything I grow I dont market or sell enough said.
    As for being buisness wise I make my liveing raising draft horses. I have 30 head here. I have two of the largest breeding herds of rare draft horses in the world. One of which there are only 367 in the world. They make my living .

I farm 180 acres a year. Maintain 4 tractors and other harvest equipment and market all my crops, Deal with irrigation, Pestisides and a array of things you would never understand. Yes I think I am kind of buisness wise.

My whole point of this thread is I dont think Big buisness deserves any tax breaks. The God damn republicans are forceing the issue that if big business is not allowed the tax breaks they will not sign for the working class to get any. The trickle down effect for the working man has been over for quite some time. Yes and this includes you md the small business owner. Look at the job rate. Layoffs ect. Think the Bush era tax breaks for big business has been working? Do you think tax insentives for major corps are stimulateing them to hire more people?? Shit what a joke. I worked for a major corporation that gave executives large bonuses for how many people they were able to lay off and still get the work done.

right now the major banks ect are freaking out about giving out their usual bonuses while countless working people are struggling and lossing their homes.

I hardly think so.

Teamster6

2. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

:popcorn-2:

Since small businesses essentially run the nation, I fail to see how heavy taxation will hinder a large, billion dollar business.

I remember when Obamacare first started, there were rants about the insurance companies, how much they made, etc. They rebutted, saying 'we barely make 0.5% profit.' Uhhhh, when you're Blue Cross and you gross in the billions, 0.5% is a HUGE FUCKING CHUNK OF CHANGE.

As a small business owner, :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: the big guys. And :pissing: if they try to touch the market I have cornered.

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Yea gtwt look at the news. It must be quite a bunch of change they are already worried how it will effect the EXECUTIVE BONUSES!

Teamster6

4. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Hey gtwt the number according to obama for the wealthy tax cuts is 700 billion dollars!!! They claim the tax cuts are the holy grail of the Republican Party.

Teamster6

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

T6- I understand you dig the class warfare thing ...but at least try to avoid buying the incorrect terminology being sold by the liberal congress. It's not a tax cut. The cuts were made in Bush's tenure and have been in place for several years. It's an extension or attempt to keep private funds in private hands.

What the actual effect is, is a tax INCREASE by the the left side of the aisle by allowing the current rates to expire. It's not that the Conservative want cuts. They want unchanged levels of taxation from the previous years. The Libs want more $$ and to have the rates rise with the expiration of temporary taxation levels put in place by Bush.

So the real argument is: Should Washington take in $700,000,000,000 more in taxes than they do now, and if they do, is it beneficial to our overall economy? That's an average of $2000 for every man, woman and child in the U.S. Remember the rhetoric concerning stimulus money and how effective a similar amount of $$ released from Washington into the "private" system was supposed to be a wonderful thing and jump start the economy?

Why then would retracting those same dollars from the private market be a good thing within the same economic cycle?

You guys have swallowed hook line and sinker the dem agenda without delving into the honesty of the rhetoric. Thy ALL lie! Believe it and you will be set free.

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Dam Res You sound like a staunch Republican Ha Ha

No I dont buy all the redoric with what the Dems say. Yes I fully understand that the money is only a extension. I also believe that it is true that Gov spending is way out of line.But you also say why would it help the economy to take 7 billion from the private sector or 2000 from every man woman and child but I think it is more like 3000. This is not what I am saying. I am saying the tax extension for big buisness should be a thing of the past.

Sorry but I dont believe that not taxing the hell out of big corporations is going to improve the economy. They are running down hill on the hireing sector and you are going with the trickle down effect from these companys giving them a extension. It is not going to happen. These major corporations have strived for profits and large bonus payouts. It is time as I see it for them to pay there way in america like the working man. Giving them a tax extension is not going to improve the economy.

I liked the comment in reuters

Republicans are crazy if they think that the rich are going to get any more tax breaks. The rich in this country got rich off the sweat of labor. They didn’t make their money by themselves. It is time for the rich to earn their keep and pay their way to live in America. It is also time to start raising taxes on the richest of the rich. We have digressed too far from fairness in the taxing system–blame Ronald Reagan and his Republicans!

A country that is split between haves and have-nots is a country ripe for a revolution. There are always more have-nots than haves and it is time that the have-nots said “enough.”

Republicans, at least the Republicans of today, are no longer recognizable as a party of fiscal responsibility and moral restraint. They have become a party of fear and hate mongerers. They have also become anti-American. They cannot see that the policies that they espouse are not good for the moral and social fabric of our society. If they really wanted what was best for the country, they would work with President Obama. They don’t want to work with Obama because they fear that if they do and he winds up looking good then he’s a shoo-in for 2012 and Republicans can kiss the White House good-bye. But that is what maturity means–foregoing your own pleasures and wants for the greater good. The Republicans of today are immature and just want, want, want for themselves. They don’t want to do what’s best for the country. To do so would probably see them out of power for a generation…

Nov 30, 2010 1:57am EST --

Teamster6

7. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

T6, you keep saying "Big Business", but most of that money would be coming from small and medium size businesses. Like I said earlier, $200,000 per year is not "Big Business," neither is it the "richest of the rich."

8. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

No ab you are getting me wrong. I think they were trying to make the cutoff at 250,000 for small businesses. They were figureing the top 2 % of Major earning corporations. I never did say I thought they should tax all business. BIG BUSINESS LIKE IN CORPORATIONS.

T6

9. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

A corporation can be any size. What would you consider a Big Business in terms of income per year (just so I can see where you are coming from)?

10. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Ya you are right on the corp thing it can be small. My outlook on it would be should I say corporations with incomes of billions of dollars like they are saying the top 2 %. Another words I dont believe the little guy trying to manage his own small business working his ass off should be denied a tax extension. thats all big business has all the money in this economy and they continue to. So we take away there tax extension and alot of them will go where they see the most profit be it overseas like a lot of them have done or elsewhere. Fine let em go. Time to change the tide and tax the hell out of there imports to where it is not profitable to do business from overseas.

No I am not saying that I dont agree with the free enterprise system. I guess what I am saying is a lot of these companys run the economy are crooked as hell and show profits way out of line by screwing the hell out of the american people.

Look at for instance what the banks did to credit card holders. A lot of them were paying interest rates that were fair. The banks turned around and jacked the hell out of the credit card rates for higher profits. This is the kind of rapeing I am talking about. Do you think these guys deserve a tax extension??? All the Mess and ruined economy also over the big mortgage deals. These guys padded their pockets all the way and paid billions in bonus payouts in spite of what the public view was.

I was looking at my own utility company. They claimed they needed a 20% increase in order to operate and provide new service to customers. After this was signed by the puc this ceo gave himself a nifty 80,000 bonus and I am sure the rest of the pack got their share too.

Teamster6

Teamster6

11. greenthumbwhitethumb

"Corporate Scum" IMO is just like the elite rich - about 5% of the actual businesses, with about 95% of the overall profits generated.

Big wig dicks like Wells Fargo, McD's and the like. :321fu: :321fu: :321fu:

So, I didn't read the whole thing clearly, or I missed it - is the $200K gross income, or net profit? gross, I'm assuming?

GTWT

12. ResinRubber

T6-You hit it the fallacy of large corporate taxes with your example of your local PUC. I'll overlook that a PUC is nothing more than a quasi government industry masquerading as a public corp.

When they were hit with a tax increase where did the costs for that increase come from? Your pocket right? Industry will always build costs (taxes are a cost) of production or service into final product. All that happens by over taxing an industry is it tests the price elasticity of the end product as those taxes are passed to the consumer. Once that elasticity threshold is reached the only alternative is to cut production to meet declining demand.

By increasing ANY tax the net effect is removing $$ from the market driven private sector economy. The job of congress is to value the net gain/loss in economic strength as a nation and balance that loss against the public gain in services. Right now, and for the past several decades, this has been wildly out of balance which brings us to the current financial precipice we are now experiencing.

Even the much touted "surpluses" of the Clinton administration didn't account for the unfunded liabilities in Social Security, medi-care and medic-aid. If they had we would still have reflected a growing deficit in some of the peak earning years for our country.

The only hope we have as a populace is to NOT listen to the class warfare rhetoric from either side, stand united against ANY government expansion for more $$ from ANY source and demand reduction in Federal spending until the debt incurred realizes a reasonable level of our ability to support it.

Rant off...cheers,

13. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

lemme see if i understand ya t6....

you would rather tax the hell out of the "big" corporations so they move theyre operations overseas....resulting in more unemployment at home, meaning more unemployment checks will need to be doled out at the cost of the taxpayers.....then you would want to tax the hell out of their imports...meaning we will all pay more for goods that are imported???...that means that the middle class will loose a little more purchasing power because they will have to pay more for products that come from overseas in effect making us poorer...we will be able to buy less goods with the dollars we have left over....i dont understand your logic......even if you tax their imports jus high enough so it encourages us to buy american, the prices will still be higher than the prices we couldve paid on imported goods so we still end up payin higher prices on goods....resulting in a loss of purchasing power...we all loose again...i guess we could jus print the money we dont have....oh wait, theyve already started doing that too...guess what, that means even more loss of purchasing power not to mention the complete destruction of the dollar.

im all for extending these tax cuts...im all for extending tax cuts to everyone...how bout eliminating the income tax....that would be huge...can you imagine actually getting to keep the fruits of your labor instead of watching our "leaders" piss it all away on bullshit like unnecessary illegal wars, bailouts and foreign aid???

14. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

HI big t. Do you realize how many of these american companys already do there assembly of products overseas or accross the border and dont rely on american labor anymore?? Have you read some of the labels like Made in America assembled in Mexico ect. When you start really looking you will find they are doing away with the american labor force to reak the profits of cheap labor from foreign countrys.

I am not saying force them to move to foreign countrys although a lot of them already have. I am saying if they dont like to be taxed and they think it is more profitable to move to a foreign country make it unprofitable for them to do buisness by raising a import tax. That is the only incentive that will drive them back to the U.S.A. I dont believe a lot of these companys want to loose buisness with the united states. We are their largest buyer. In a competitive market there prices would have to be inline or nobody would buy there products.

We are playing the game these companys have set up buying there products at inviteing prices because they dont pay hardly anything for labor to produce these products overseas. Very inviteing when a starving economy to survive comes about. We buy cheaper to save money they pocket the profits and screw the american work force.

The trouble with this scenario is most people dont understand while they are buying cheaper products these companys have cost the american work force thousands and thousands of jobs.

Now with this scenario wouldnt it be nice if all these jobs were back in the u.s.a. and what kind of effect do you think this would bring to the economy in a jobless market.

I believe extending the tax for the small business and the private households is a good idea with the economy. Keeping our money back here starting new small buisness, Helping the small buisness's already started and helping the american household and Taxing the hell out of these major corporations is the right thing to do. They have been getting away with far to much for too long.

Teamster6

15. greenthumbwhitethumb

A tad off topic....

I thought some of you would get a kick out of this. I am old enough to remember WalMart's big honk about always carrying "Made in USA" stuff. This was on the back of a 1994 atlas I borrowed on a recent trip, and it made me laugh, and then cry.

[​IMG]

In 1995, 6% of WalMart's goods were imported. A decade later, it was up to 60%, estimated it will hit over 80% by the end of next year. Last year they bought $27 billion in imported goods from China - 10% of all Chinese business made.

Yeah, tax breaks this, and vote for that, some of that we don't have a lot of control over. What we do have control over is WHERE WE SHOP.

:321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu:

Don't shop at WalMart! There's ALWAYS another option!!!

Ok, it's the cheapest place in town, money is tight. You ever stop and think why it's cheaper? Because it cost them .03 to make and import FROM CHINA!!!!

Suck it up, soldier! Pay the extra little bit! Read the label! Buy Made in USA, SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

:new_cussing:

Ok, I'm done.

GTWT

16. greenthumbwhitethumb

Big T - can you honestly answer a question?

Do you shop at WalMart?

GTWT

17. ResinRubber

Great! Shop where you want. Support whatever industry your heart desires. Be angry at private corps who don't support your beliefs by withholding your $$ and commerce. THAT'S the way it's supposed to work.

But don't let that anger be used and co-opted by Federal politicians with an agenda that may NOT actually be in the best interest of our country.

Feels like another Harding is going to be upon us.

18. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Well Res I think the harding has already arrived!!!
    We do agree on one thing. Yes both partys in Gov have a major play in what has happended to this country.

So do we take the Democratic ideas Penalize these major corporations by taxing them?? Will the Dems just spend all the money on something else which they probably will do?

Or do we take the Rep ideas. Leave things the way they are. Give the Major Corporations tax breaks, try to give them incentive to hire more people which I dont believe they will do. Big business manipulates the stock market always has. Easiest way for a corporation to show a immediate profit is to cut there work force. Let them move their companys overseas so they can evade more taxes make higher profits and let it go on and on.

Whats the best option for the country?? Well it is obvious we are not going to get rid of either party in the short term.

Well all I can tell you is in the eight years that we took the Rep way and views it has escalated out of control and that is the reason we are in a crisis today.

Ive already been fucked by the rep's and dems!

I think I would rather be fucked by the Dems and Maybe just maybe be just a little better off.

Teamster6

19. ResinRubber

It's called starving the beast T6.

Bush II was no friend of classic liberal economists. The 96' class of repub freshman congress turned their backs on the principals too. I look at it this way. Liberal class warfare dems are going 180 mph in the wrong direction, repubs are going 60 mph in the wrong direction. Stopping a 60 mph train is easier than stopping a 180 mph train.

It comes down to us voters holding the line and supporting those candidates who'll stand up to their respective party's flaws and NOT endorse bad policy. This starts at home and in local elections. The cat you help get into a council seat or state office will be the next guy up for higher office candidacy. Pick those who will openly buck the system. It's the only choice we have.

cheers,

20. greenthumbwhitethumb

So true RR, but in T6's and my state (ID) any thinking like that is not to be found. You have never seen a more set-in-stone, traditional, "if it ain't broke" dumb shit hick mentality than you can up here (well, maybe my home state of KY, the fucking ark builders....). Anyone wanting to "change" anything is practically labeled an extremist. White conservative Mormons run this state - even the non-Mo's are 2 decades behind the times, and are staunch repubs.

I vote every time, and I take my time to find out facts, but it's like pushing a giant ball of sticky molasses uphill through thick trees. It will take decades more pushing to diversify this state, and we'll still be 2 decades behind!!!

GTWT