Blast from the past 1978

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Lvstickybud, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

The outside pictures are from August of 1978. The others are also from '78. A couple from Nov & ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If there's anything wrong with posting these, let me know and I'll remove them. Just thought it was pretty cool when we were going through some old pics.

Towelieee likes this.
  2. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

That's some funny shit you were growing and smoking buds 3 years before I was born. I wish I was around then no FLIR no Backscatter technology. Capitalism wasn't free market yet and America actually built quality products. I work with some middle eastern ppl that are in their 60's they said in India back in the day if you got American tools they would last forever and ppl would fight over them now they buy chinese just like we do. Nice pics thanks for sharing...Steelcity

3. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Very cool man!

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Those are cool pics for sure. I don't see anything wrong with posting them up. '78 was a good year..... I was born! :thumbs-up: Like 2 months before those pics were taken. I look like I belong in 1978, I think I hit the wrong generation.:passsit:

5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Thanks. It was fun seeing them again.

SteelCity, it was the shits back then. We smoked walking thru the halls in school. A couple teachers pulled my aside in class to find out a good place to hide so they could smoke. Everything was starting to crap out tho. Gas was fast approaching a buck a gallon and people were saying if it ever hit a buck, they would start pedaling a bike. Cars were just starting to go tiny Japanese and were just making them harder for the back yard mechanic to work on them. But you could still bring tools back that broke and they'd hand you a new one, no questions asked.

Ras, my son was born a couple months after the plant pics and about 2 months before the smoking ones.

6. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

hey steelcity

not sure america built good products in the seventies...when is the last time you saw a car built in the 70;s still on the road...lol...the cars where shit then...remember the gremlin....the pacer....

but the pics are kewl...i graduated hs in '72....and still have some of my old pics...someday i am going to digitize them...to preserve....

thanks for bringing the memories back...

ncmaineac

7. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Holy shit....in '78 I was 28, living in the west village. I wish I had some pics of the Old Days. 78 was pretty good, but 68 was better, LOL.

Thanks for sharing those--really takes me back.

Dix

8. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Great pics the seventys were great years. I was 23 years old in 1978.

t6

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I like the tv in the one with my wife doing a bong. It sucked watching sports on those tvs but it's all we had.

10. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

We also had a decent car, a 1971 Buick Skylark convertable with a 455. Car flew past anything on the highway.

11. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Amen brother. I was 22, just out of the service and running wild. Had a 67 cougar with a 289 high performance in it. Great times, the 70's.

BBT:anibong::anibong::anibong:

12. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

shit...i drive a 78 chevy truck every day...last one was an 84, before that was a 77

im a redneck hippie from hell, hatched in 81 :pimp:

13. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Cool pics man. I was 14 in 1978. :bong-2:

14. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I'll have to find some old pictures. I had every Easyrider center fold on my walls too.:roffl: :roffl: -Bud

15. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

The only way to go!!!!!!!:thumbs-up: :roffl:

16. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

yeah, i was 22 as well. smokin' dope and chasing pussy in a buick lesabre with a huge back seat. i can only imagine if i'd been smokin' today's shit back then. the memories!!!

peace, CG

17. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I was 10 years old. I miss the 70"s. Nobody cared what kind of car you drove or what brand of shoes you wore. I was living in Hollywierd, CA and I remember watching the Hari Krishnas dance up and down Hollywood Blvd. Barber shops had Playboy magazines and ashtrays in them. Remember those gas lines? I'd love to pay a buck a gallon now. Thanks for the blast from the past! And Ras, you do look like you were rolling in the 70's. That's what makes you so damn cool.

18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Cool shots of early growing Lsb. This thread got me waxing all nostalgic. Hope you don't mind if I add a few pics of my own.

Getting ready to hike the tundra to the base of Mount Denali

[​IMG]

Hiking up Mineral Creek near Seward

[​IMG]

First bike trip to the Black Hills

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Furling the sails at sunset somewhere on Lake Superior

[​IMG]

19. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Me in '78

Already dreaming of being high

[​IMG]

20. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Nice. I like the Dave Mann stuff plastered to the wall.

Oh and 70's cars did not suck.