New incredible method of smoking

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by hmsimha, Jul 10, 2002.

1. hmsimha

hmsimha Veggy Stage

Recently I discovered an incredible new method for smoking. It delivers ice-cold hits with smoke that I'm guessing is not as unhealthy as regular smoke. Right now I don't have time to describe it, but I'll be back tomorrow and I'll post all the info about it you could possibly want. Stay tuned.

2. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Cold bongwater?

3. PoSt HiPnOtIc

PoSt HiPnOtIc A Fat Sticky Bud

ice in the bong chanmber?

i do taht when i setup my hookah its great i take a big puff let al the smoke touch my face and u can feel the coldness

4. kidmessiah

kidmessiah Developed Alternating Nodes

damn big nice cold bong rip.... hahah..... hold that **** in!

5. hmsimha

hmsimha Veggy Stage

(BEFORE READING: the diagrams apparently don't display the way they're supposed to. To see them closer to the way I intended them to look, copy and paste them into notepad, or just click post reply and then paste them into the white box that you'll get)

Ok, I haven't completely figured out everything about this yet, but basically my idea involves smoking out of structures completely made out of ice: An ice-bong, an ice-pipe, etc. I guess if you made a hookah, the hoses wouldn't have to be ice. This has several advantages to it.

a) You can make your own equipment without any special materials if you're creative enough.

b) ice-bongs don't necessarily need to be filled with liquid, as they cool the smoke much more than regular bongs even without liquid in them. Anything can be added however, to add extra flavor, but this may increase the chance of adding unwanted toxic by-products or something like that. I'm no expert.

c) When lighting up, it is possibly that some of the bowl may boil and then vaporize, while the cherry is lit up. It is likely, that steam from water would be mixed with the smoke, and I'm pretty sure its healthy to breath this in, because it would kind of wash out your lungs or something.

So there are obvious advantages to this method.

Now for the problems

Lets say you make an ice-bong. After every use, you're going to want to return it to the freezer ASAP. This presents a problem if you want to take it with you somewhere else. So if you choose to take it with you, there is a chance you may not be able to return it before it has melted so much that it is irrecoverable.

Also, they're cold. Not easy to hold something that cold in your hands, but I'm sure you could wrap some insulating material around it that will make it easier to hold and keep it from melting at the same time.

And the last problem I can think of, the bowl would melt progressively with each use. However, if you made an ice-bong with one hole in it, you could just make a removable bowl piece that you slid in and out when using, and you would only need to replace that part.

Now the challenge: how do we make our own ice parephanalia

Here's where it gets complicated. There are three ways I was able to think of to obtain one of these:

First of all, there are ice-sculptors who will make you something for whatever they charge. I haven't looked into it, but I'm sure you could commission one to make something nice for an almost-reasonable price.

Secondly, You can make crude tools out of ice at home, with nothing but a tap and a freezer, and random household objects. Here's how I made the one I tested.

materials:

long, straight, sticklike object (about as wide as a toothpick, but made from stronger wood and a lot longer), plastic cup, plastic wrap, water tap, hot water tap (this is a special tap in my house that makes water that's just a few degreees below boiling), pair of scissors.

procedure:

1)filled the plastic cup to about 1-2 in. from rim with water. (the cup was about 6 in. tall)

2)covered top with plastic wrap

3)poked a hole through center of plastic wrap with stick like object, and pushed it all the way through so that it was touching the center of the bottom of the cup, while still sticking out of the top of the plastic, so basically what I had looked like this:

|

_____|_____

\ | /

\~~~|~~~/

\~~|~~/

-----

note: the cup was kind of curved outward, so that the radius of the rim was about twice that of the bottom.

4) Put in freezer. Let sit until partially frozen

5)When I checked on it a few hours later, the outside of the water was completely frozen, kind of like a lake where only the top is frozen but there's water underneath. The water against the sides and bottom of the cup was also completely frozen and a good amount inside, I'm guessing was also frozen. I removed the stick from the cup, because in a previous test, I couldn't remove the stick because the ice was to solid, and the stick was stuck in it.

6) About 10 hours later I checked on it. The water had frozen completely solid, with a hole going down the center, and to the other side.

7) I cut the cup open with the scissors and pulled it apart so I could get the ice out. Now I basically had a big lump of ice, with a hole going from one side to the other. Since the stick hadn't completely been touching the bottom, there was a small layer of frost covering the opening at the bottom, which I poked with the scissors to open up.

8)I took the ice and put it under the hot water faucet:

------|

____| |

| |

---

~~~|~~~

~~|~~

~|~

I then let a little bit of hot water land in the center of the top side of the ice. After it had drained through the hole, I repeated. Each time the hot water hit the top, som spilled over the edge, and some stayed on top, eating through the ice making a bowl shape at the top. The water that drained through the hole got so cooled before it got to the bottom half of the hole that the ice didn't get melted at the bottom, while at the top it did, so it looked like this:

~~~ ~~~

~~~~ ~~~~

~~~~ ~~~~

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

~~~~ ~~~~

~~~~ ~~~~

~~~ ~~~

~~~ ~~~

9) So now I had the bowl, the only thing left for me to do was chisel away at the bottom a little bit so that the mouthpiece was small enough.

So anyways, that's the second method of getting your ice-instrument. The last way I can think of to get one is the best one on the list, but is currently not available. Basically, companies that specialize in smoking parephenalia might see a good oppurtunity to make money and start selling kits that let you make your own ice-pieces.

For example, a company could make a ice-bong kit that was basically something you could fill with water, put in the freezer, and then after a lot of impatient waiting open up so that you had a perfectly good bong made out of ice. It would be incredibly easy and I'm sure that any companies that made these would definitely profit, not just from the business from adults. If I'm right, since these kits wouldn't be used directly for smoking from, they could also be sold to minors.

So I'm pretty much out of ideas.

(Edited by hmsimha at 5:29 pm on July 11, 2002)

6. PoSt HiPnOtIc

damn that was long as ****......good idea thou!! really

i didnt get into the instructions but it would be pretty dop for a hooka to be made of nuthing but ice, as for the vapor trouble make a hol in the ice on top and put a metal bowl over it it shuld work ules it gets to hot and melts the hole bigger....

.....u canget the saaame effect putting shitloads of ice in the waterchamber,,,but i think yur wey ight be slightly colder anf frostier....also a bitch to handle and take care of.......jsut put ice int he water is what ide do

he u should sned yur idea to like a rich weed cafe they might take consideration to investing in the idea who knows.... it could be a famus thing around the weed bars in amsterdam and ****

7. hmsimha

hmsimha Veggy Stage

thanks post hipnotic, really I just want this idea to be more publicized so I can do something good for the world, and so companies will start making these ice-kits and then I can get one. The procedure I used to make mine isn't important to read unless you plan on making one, but even if you didn't read that I think the last paragraph is one of the most important ones to read whether or not you want to make your own.

8. PoSt HiPnOtIc

hey!@....slap on a [SIZE=11pt]®[/SIZE] or an [SIZE=11pt]©[/SIZE] and whoever ANYONE who makes it u will get muney for it

but thats a slim chance....but if it does go big u can make mad muney

still prefer ice in bongwater ot hookah....its jsut easier

(Edited by PoSt HiPnOtIc at 5:23 pm on July 11, 2002)

9. hmsimha

hmsimha Veggy Stage

I think you can't copyright or register ideas, just products, so I'm out of luck.

10. whitelightnin1

whitelightnin1 Developed Alternating Nodes

dude,(for the whole mass-production thing)why not just have a rubber mold that folds in half like a breefcase(sp?lol).they could brobably be made for like a buck,and you could just fill em up and let em freeze.then have a stem with the mold that fits into the ice bong.if it mealts,put it in a bowl or sink.easy to get rid of evidence if you can just mealt it [​IMG] cool

my 5638786778 cents. [​IMG]

PIZEACE [​IMG]

11. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Begun Flowering

Cops would have no fucking clue what is going on!

12. PoSt HiPnOtIc

whitelightnin thats a good fucking idea mang![​IMG]

i mean it could work if u tried to invest in that, like the mold and production thing

they could be sold in cafes,,,,,like i go to a hooka place somtimes and u order a flavor and doods bring you hookas theres music, lights, a big fat security scary man!!

mid.eastern food(yum!) and an owner that looks like an old crazy arab guy dressed like somwunwho wears clothes like hes gong to the club in the 70's,,,dancing.....and if thats not a trip...lol but its fun

the weed cafe would be a better enviorment...maby some couches and ashit ya knwo:cool:

13. hmsimha

hmsimha Veggy Stage

whitelighting, that was exactly what I was thinking of, I thought I made it pretty much clear in my second post, but I guess not. And if a company did go into the business, they'd make a lot of money, cause they could probably sell each one for at least $50. And then every smart smoker would buy them, because they could use them to make as many ice-bongs as they could want and sell them to their friends for $3-15 each.

14. PoSt HiPnOtIc

$50 sounds kinda harsh.......$3-$10 or $15 sounds a lil better

i man who would pay 50 for ice, some stoners aint got that kind of cash

15. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

make one and send it to them on an ice truck.

16. whitelightnin1

whitelightnin1 Developed Alternating Nodes

lol @ agrowguy

17. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Sound like you have the makings for a book there. Just collect a few more cool ideas like that, and you might just have something.

18. hmsimha

hmsimha Veggy Stage

I was saying it should be like $50 for the kit, not for individual bongs.

19. Kiwigrower

Kiwigrower Full Flowering

ONe way i smoke is to get a glass, put about an inch of crushed ice in the glass, then blow a "shottie" or "blowback" into the glass, and the smoke will just fill up the glass without dissapating out.

Then you can have a nice cold drink of smoke!

20. rastagrower

rastagrower Veggy Stage

man that seems like more **** than its worth. just put some crushed ice in a bong presto chango its magic.... well not really but its easy and simple and real smooth!!!!!!!!!!