Marijuana and Schizophrenia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by MrGoodStuff, Oct 26, 2006.

1. MrGoodStuff

MrGoodStuff New Sprout

Apparently Australian scientists found a link between early adolescent cannabis use and schizophrenia....suggesting that it can increase you're risk 2 fold....This to me is slightly unsettling...I've always been a little bit neurotic and news like this dissuades me from smoking.....Anyone have any papers repudiating these claims??I know this is being embellished to deter kids from smoking...And i know only those pre-disposed to schizophrenia are at risk...These fuckin bastards will stop at no length to demonize this drug...They take isolated cases and concoct bs correlations...

2. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

google cannabis + schizophrenia

Lots of stuff including videos

Goes back a few years.

The way I feel about it is: If taking any substance causes harm then don't do it.

I mean it's common sense.

3. MrGoodStuff

MrGoodStuff New Sprout

Well im no idiot...I've read now several papers and essentially only those pre-disposed to the illness are at greater risk....Thats good news cause from what i know, pychosis/schizophrenia doesnt run in my family but if you have any history of this illness, it can increase your risk 4 fold......

4. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Maybe

But the voices tell me to keep on smoking the shit

5. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

damn, both of us are sorry to hear this. :qbluewacko:

6. Gravdigr

Gravdigr New Sprout

My mom is a paranoid schizophranic. Looks like we're going to the loony bin together. Least I'll go with a smile :laughing5:

7. MrGoodStuff

MrGoodStuff New Sprout

Hey, since technology progresses at such a rapid pace, i wouldnt be surprised to see a cure for this disease in a decade or two

8. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

That sum good thoughts.

Damn who said that...

9. johnnybgoode

johnnybgoode Rasta Intern

Source of info?

I have only heard that marijuana may bring out latent schizophrenia, which is genetic. Where did you find info that says it increases the risk of schizophrenia in those with good genes?

10. HillbillyHemp

HillbillyHemp Higher than Camel Pussy

:roll:

11. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Roses are red...

Violets are blue...

I'm schizophrenic...

And so am I.
    :qbluewacko:

12. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

13. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Bollox and Hypocritical!!!!

Lets put it this way.........

Iff that was so......, there would be NO,No reasoning between the law enableing the MJ trade to be grown for MEDICAL reasons, and to benifit the ''MEDICAL'' Grower for his/her condition/conditions..... As it would NOT be noted as benificial to any human being on this planet iff that were the case of MJ being smoked or eaten in whatever ways people do so......

Therefore dissclaiming the FACT that Marijuana HELPS patients for their very own reasons too!!!

So....bear with me here peeps)...lol,

The FACT of the matter was on adolecents, right?

So. iff it were to be a TRUTH to the matter at hand here, they would more or less be dissing their very own words and "facts", and FINDS on >: that MJ is a so called MEDICAL help to people, in alot of cases, or are they saying, "JUST", that the younger you smoke/eat/whatever of MJ, that all will be Schizo in a good few years down the line?, Yet they are willing to put it our for "older" peeps use, NOT ever talking or taking into account what they have stated on their so called FACTs about it giving a possible Schizophrenia effect on the younger as they get older, So, whats to say that they do NOT know that the older the brain gets, that it would be any real difference in the mater as a whole????....lol(in the so called FACTS, that MJ in a whole ONLY gives a possible Schizo efect later in life to the younger, therefore dissclaiming thier evidence against the youth of today to NOT use it, But,the ELDER people can get it to use it, to supposedly HELP them, and ease themselves of their PAIN n whatnot!!!! (yeah ....rite!!)

"seems a lil hypocritical toward themselves and their "so called evidence", to all this MJ use/missuse that they claim is happening at whatever ages in life"!!!! Even though they prescribe it to OLDER people for a medical use!!!! hmm??????:icon_confused: lmao @ them.....

(you get me peeps?????)

P.S, "Sounds alot of bollox to me and a very big bit hypocritical toward themselves so called evidence"!!!! :icon_confused: at them......lol

Peace Out everyone,

UrBigBuddie...........:punk: :punk: :punk: :sign13: :sign13: :icon_confused:

14. HillbillyHemp

Shit man........ :confused1:

Maybe I'll come back when I'm not stoned and try to read that post again.

15. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Maybe my voices can talk to your voices...hehhe

Translation for ya>>> Did they rule that this is found ONLY in younger children/teen's or was it also tested on adults as well? I think that is his point...and were they hypocritical in their finding's such as omission and so on. ;)

Peace~Jersey :animbong:

16. HillbillyHemp

HeHe, thanks JG :laughing5:

17. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

LOL Hillbilly>>>don't thank me>>it was my other "voice's" posting...LOL hehehehe :D

18. 420

420 KING

if your a schizo before weed than youll be a schizo after weed,

but cannabis does not cause it, it may enhance it but it wont permenently damage you.

19. the_clairvoyant89

the_clairvoyant89 Developed Alternating Nodes

Fuck

I havent been on here for a while...this thread caught my attention bigtime!!! im paranoid about that shit because my dad IS a schizophrenic, and im afraid i will get it one day too...but c'mon weed!!! I cant believe that

20. 420

420 KING

its so funny, one of my colleagues did a power point presentation on schizophrenia today,

its supposedly caused by access amounts of dopamine produced by your brain, its believing the dilusions created by your own thoughts/believing vivid hallucinations.

Caused by decomposing sperm.

The older sperm is the higher chance of schizophrenia developing in the brain for the baby. doctors suggest not to have a baby after the age of 40, because the fetis will have higher chances of developing schizophrenia later in life.

so its from birth, you may not notice it till your about 20 but its a birth defect.

although it can be caused by access amounts of toxins to the brain aswell.