Ideal setup...within reason...

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nuggnester, Aug 11, 2010.

1. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

give yourself three lights....what is your ideal setup? I think it would be two HPS's and one MH...what says you? I have a 400W HPS and a 600W HPS...i'm thinking of adding a 600W MH...specifically for veg purposes...i use all my lights simultaneously BTW...

is it useful to run MH in conjunction with HPS during flower?

Does MH make THAT much of a difference during veg?

2. BlazeOne

BlazeOne Pothead Extraordinaire

id have a 400 watt mh for vegging and 2 600hps for flowering(perpetual grow)

as for adding the mh for flowering ...na no

my last grow i flowered with 2 250 mh and one 600 hps in the middle and the nugs on either side under the 250's got a little more crystals but not as dense and higher leaf to bud ratio....this was the 1st and probably last time I use the mh's for flowering.

i used the mh's because i heard the extra uv light from the blues would increase resin production as protection for the buds but after my trial run maybe ill just add a few uv lights and see whats up.

in my own experience the mh is far better than anything for vegging(even slow ass cfl and even my t5 blue floros)

p.s. id love for someone to "prove" me wrong cuz i already have 2 mh bulbs and only 1 hps for the 2 250's

3. choker

choker HIDING OUT

ive seen little differnce with mh and hps side by side. Both lights were 1000 watters. It may have not been the mh blazeone. Its more that they were only 250's of course that 600 watter is going to grow the buds bigger and better. Its a 600 watter. More light more bud.

4. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

3 lights total?

I'd run 2k in a 5'x10' for flower and a 600w in a 4'x4' for veg.

5. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I run a 1000 hps and a 600 hps side by side. I have a 400 kinda sitting on standby for now

Budz:anibong::anibong::anibong:

6. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Ideal?

By that do you mean productive?:bong-2:

2 x 1Ks (HPS) on 10' rails. side by side.

1 x 600w for the mother/veg room. IME the HPS does produce more stretch in veg so I'd probably spring for the conversion bulb and make it a MH.

We are dreaming right? But that's not unreasonable.

Grat

7. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

nope not dreaming....

I want san efficient setup...got the money...got the room...want you all's ideas to fine tune mine. Keep em coming. Grats your idea sounds like the most ideal/productive/awesome. You're in the lead for how my new room is gonna be setup!

8. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Cheers!

Right on man, wish I had the space to do it...

:passsit:

Good Growing!

Grat

9. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I personally would want 2 flower rooms goin on, max your yield and keep a steady flow goin to keep your name/persona and product current in your market/area

I'd do 1 room each with a 1k switchable ballast, 6inch fan, 4 or 6 pot RDWC system, in a 5x4 or so room, id hang the bulb, save your loot on the hood, make the system/roomS inline for overall flow and to save money on 2 full setups

I'd also have a 4 or 6 bulb t5 high output light to keep your mothers under and something that works great for me and few other guys round MY parts is...keep/get an EZ CLONER 30 and always have room for it in your mom room......as your cycles turn over in each room, a week before...take enough clones for your next run and put them into the EZ 30.....then harvest your crop.....take a few days to clean it out properly....by then your clones are rooted in the cloner......then your RDWC system is ready to do more work, plug in the clones and your off.....a 2-3 week veg, then flip them

Once you get that way down, your harvesting about 2lbs + every month, you'll always have great moms, cloner is the key to success....must keep it clean to work properly

Also id interconnect the rooms and run them off of 1 CAN 66 filter, change it every 6-8 months, keep it fresh.......and if you can afford it....get a UVONAIR UV filter......it does serious work and if your filter is lacking in carbon its a CONSTANT way to make sure NO SMELL no matter what

You can build that RDWC system i got for under $150 for a 4-6pot system, very very EZ