Show us your INK

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Bigbud214, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

I am starting this thread for those of us who love body art... I am going to kick it off with pics of my INK... hopefully others will share theirs...

this first pic is of a memorial to my dad... he has been gone now for over 20 yrs... he was in the Navy during WWII hence the anchor ... he had a mermaid tattoo on his forearm hence the mermaid R.I.P. DAD...

[​IMG]

next up is a skull of waves which is in progress... i liked the artwork and am letting an up and coming artist do this piece for his portfolio...

[​IMG]

now we have a special piece for me... its a koi-dragon which is symbolic of perserverence and accomplishment... i got this piece when i graduated with my degree in nuclear medicine... it was done by a very talented artist and came out amazing...

[​IMG]

here we have another piece in progress tahts a cover up... its being done by the same artist who is did my koi-dragon

[​IMG]

this last pic was taken the day the red and background were done... this dragon is breaking through a japanese demon mask... it represents me conquering my inner demons... its an origanl idea and original art.... so far 10 hours of chair time so far... the dragon is going to be blue scales with green underbelly and bright colored wiskers...

COME ON GKers SHARE YOUR INK

2. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Wow Bud, nice ink.

I love the colorfull fish and the blue dragon coming up.

Nice, thnx for sharing.

And no, I dont have any myself sorry.

Pce,

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Cool thread idea. Nice work and choices on your tats BB. None here to share...I be pale and colorless.

4. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

this is the only one i have a pic of...

[​IMG]

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

5. Bigbud214

Thanks BN and RR,

you dont need to have ink to appreciate it... i started collecting my ink lte in life this way i wouldnt regret any of my choices.

GTWT,

Nice flower and i like it on the ankle. what else do you have if thats all you have a pic of?

6. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Fuck that, lol.......my body art has been in far too many magazines for me to show....and for any of you guys out there for that fact, you could easily find a single person thru their specific artwork

Be careful what you show

I've got 2 "famous" in the tattoo worlds pieces on me, big whoop... i know

and their art is very specific in style

Im covered from my waist up to my collar and some on both legs and some other parts

7. greenthumbwhitethumb

I've got a chinese symbol on the base of my neck - means 'go against the stream'

That's the only ones I have. I've got plans for a big one, but the finishing touches haven't come to me yet. Down one side of my torso will be the word "Imagine", in cool lettering, of course, and I've got too many ideas for the designs around it. There's so many things that word means to me, and I want to incorporate as many as I can in the designs, without being tacky, but I want it to be colorful and intricate. It will come to me one of these days..... I can't draw worth a piss, but I've got an acid trip's worth of cool ideas in my head.

GTWT

8. Bigbud214

CC,

I dont think this is any more incrimminating than the post where people are puttig pics of themselves up. and if anyone wanted to "find" you they can easily enough just by your being on this forum. Im not trying to be confrontational just dont think sharing of artwork will be too detrimental to anyones privacy. I respect and appreciate your sense of privacy and debated some about whether to start this thread or not.

:passsit:

GTWT,

sounds like a great idea... it always is better when the ink has a meaning to the person. Good luck finishing up your IMAGINE piece

9. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Bd I am not a big fan of the covered body look with the tatoos but I do like looking at the art work!! I like the Dragon one you have the best.
    gtwt what is that a morning glory?? I think that is very nice!

Teamster6

10. greenthumbwhitethumb

It is a hibiscus, sir T6. A primarily tropical higher zoned plant, but I've currently got 5 of them in my house! (yeah, I'm that idiot that tries to grow things that should NOT be found up here!) I've also got a navel orange and a grapefruit tree!!!

You won't find a hibiscus that color on earth, but there is a purplish-blue one that is close. I have it in my living room, yet to bloom!

GTWT

11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Thats cool. not to hijack bd thread but you ought to try and grow those hydro and see what happens!!

Teamster6

12. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Ive got a seahoorse.

But I aint showin it.

teehee.

Dixie

13. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Screw it, I'm a legal medical grower, I'll play. I love my tats and I want more, but due to financial hardship my sleeve is on a long term hold. I haven't had any ink in like 8+ years, but I will hopefully finish it one day soon. I have a Knight's helmet, a Wizard and a Dragon that goes the length of my arm. In the flames on the body of the dragon is mrsganjah's name, but I seriously doubt any of you will be able to decipher it in these pics, it's hard to see in person. I had the artist purposely hide it in the flames to be a secret for the mrs and I, it's not even apparent until I tell people there is a name in the flames. I need a touch up pretty bad, it's never been touched up ever and they are all close to a decade old. The forearm is the worst from being exposed to the sun much more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I like your ink. You got some quality artwork. I really dig the Koi Dragon. I'm into dragons in general and I always like the Japanese Koi tattoos. Diggin' the cover up too, the dragon has great line work.

15. Bigbud214

Hey T6,

You dont need to have ink to enkoy it... i wasnt a big fan of total coverage but have found myself rethinking a half sleeve. i am trying to eep all my ink hidden... in my profession i could loose a job offer solely for having visable ink.

Ras,

i knew that was a dragon i saw on your forearm in your bubble hash thread. nice work for sure. Im supposed to get my dragon finished 12/29 but we shall see how the financial situation is.

Thanks for sharing everyone

16. Bigbud214

Ras,

the dragon has excellent line work and all those scales were freehanded, as was the background. I have over 10 hours needle time on that one. and the koi dragon really came out awesome... so many people comment on it due to the colors being so original. that yellow really pops more than you can tell on my pic.

the wizard on your sleeve is awesome and i also have an affinity for dragons. the myth of the koi dragon was so appropiate for the meaning of that tattoo. as the koi swims up the yellow river to the emporers palace it climbs teh dragons gate waterfall. once it climbs the waterfall it gets to swim in the palace serene pools awaiting transformation into a dragon. perfect for what it means to me as i finally finished something to the end, my degree that is, regardless of teh set backs i endured along the way.

17. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Some great work yall have there. I have two tattoos, one on my ankle which you can see below, and one on my shoulder of a lion's head with a sword through it. I will get more, and so will the wife, just not a priority right now. I am not sure if I will ever do color. I have three planned: One a lion cub sitting in the grass on my shoulder with my daughter's signature under it, a Buddha design I have, and the original Chesire cat drawing from Alice and Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

And it also honors his memory for today:

[​IMG]

18. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Indica or Sativa?

Where's the MJ related ink? Here's the one of mine that I can show. Sorry the pic's blurry, but it's on the inside of my arm. Enjoy

[​IMG]

19. Naturalistic

Naturalistic Developed Alternating Nodes

Nice ink guys. I got a few myself but i don't think i will push my luck :passsit:

20. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I have too many one of a kinds just be flashing them. A lot of people mistake me for other people, but not my ink.