been a while since I played in the dirt

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by blah blah boy, May 12, 2010.

1. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Like the title says it's been a while.

Anyway I started a few clones in rock wool under a dome, 14 days later I got roots, with me so far? :popcorn-2:
    Do I just put the rock wool seedlings in a bucket of soil and grow? I am going to put them in MG mix which has NPK already mixed, you know the stuff that feeds up to 4 months.
    Am I gonna burn the roots?

2. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I can't speak for the soil, as I've never used that type, but what other options do you have?

Yes, you want to just put the rockwool cube into the soil and let it grow.:growin:

3. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

True :roffl: No other options except throw it in the pot of dirt.

Well I meant to ask if it needs to stay in the cloning/dome chamber until the roots are very long?

I know it will eventually end up in dirt.....just don't know when. If there is a right way?

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Just bury it in the soil and let nature do its thing. For the MG soil I'd hit up Headcase. He's got more MG experience than anybody on GK.

cheers,

5. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Personally I dont think you will have a problem with the MG soil with a CLONE. Seedling maybe but I have had no problem with rooted clones directly into MG. And you can forget about it feeding for 4 months....my experience says 2 MAYBE 3 weeks max and they are showing a deficiency.

The only advice Ive got for ya is wean them off the dome. If thats been done then just transplant them into the pots

6. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

when i use soil i have used mg

leave the clones in the dome until you see roots out the bottom then put in dirt...you wont have to feed for a couple of weeks but after that use the useless formula...you will be fine...

my only bad experience is i had problems with spiders one time...it was awful...so other than that you should be fine...

good luck

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Wait until you have a few good roots poking out of the rock wool cube. Then plant the cube into the dirt. Wait at least a couple weeks until the plant has established itself in that pot before feeding.

8. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

im not thinking you will burn the roots...they should be large enough by then to handle the ferts in there but be carefull to not add any type organic nutes later on should the need arise.....only synthetic if its a must.....flush as best as ya can durring the last two wks fer sure.

9. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

LOL.:popcorn-2:

would you care to explain why he should only use chem ferts and not organic

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I'm really curious too? Why the preference for petrochemical ferts when adding to an "enriched" soil product? Not only are they incomplete in trace elements they are much much easier to burn with.

11. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

i htink maye he meant it the other way around. Like "don't add synthetics.....add organics."

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

:wtf?: :ponder: Why would he not want to use any organic nutrients later?? He's using organic soil. That makes no sense whatsoever! :roffl: :roffl:

13. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

well yer in M.G. soil which is not and far from organic.....if you go synthetic then you have to stay there...organic you have to stay there..synthitic nutes kill organic life in the soil and mixing one with the other wont do anything but kill what was good soil .....you have to comitt to one way or the other...period.

14. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

this is not organic soil.....M.G. has chems in there mix when they say feeds for 3 mos...the soil isnt ( ALIVE )..plants can take it natural or synthetic but never both ......he needs to stay synthetic cause he stared that way.

15. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

no....i did mean add synthetics...only if needed later.......M.G. is loaded with stuff you would like to flush out later..dont have anything good to say bout that soil mix...however if ya use it ..well stick with the man made nutes cause organic WILL NOT mix well AT ALL with fake dirt.