Advice on clones needed...

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by allsmilez, Dec 13, 2007.

1. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Hey, all!... I have 3 clones that I took @ 2 weeks ago, just as sex showed...They are taking an abnormally long time to grow, and was wanting some good tips on speeding them up...They are in soil, and they have rooted, just not growing very much yet.....I'm just not used to taking them this time of year, indoor....:icon_confused: I have them under cfl's and T12's...sometimes putting them in the greenhouse for a spell if it's sunny.

Any suggestions on why they're so slow to grow or how to help them along....?:)

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

How big are the containers you have them in? Could be root bound. I take clones and put them in those red silo cups and let them grow in those for about a week and they are ready for something bigger, if i keedp them in there longer they just stay small. I actually keep a small bonzi mom that stays in a silo cup. I just trim the roots back ever so often.

oh and have you feed them yet? Clones can become stunted if you don't give them enough food.

3. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Grow, clones!

Thanks, Skunky...nah,lol can't be root bound yet....they literally just got roots, like, today!:laughing5: They're in 4.5" bottom-watering plastic pots. And no, no food yet....I'll get right on that. I did soak them in weak superthrive solution before I cut and powdered them, but that's the only thing different from the norm(well, besides the mentioned lights, etc.)

....Just taking sooooo long!:confused: Skunky, what kind of rooting horomone do you use, if you use one? Maybe I need to upgrade....? :)

4. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Seems you answered your own question. :)

Or are you asking why it is taking so long to grow roots? If THAT is your question, then I would say it is taking a long time because you took your clones after you started flowering. It always seems to take an extra week to root when I take clones after they show sex.

5. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

My clones took a long time too start growing but I think it is because my basement is cold and the temp slowed them up.

6. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Hey!

LOL,:pottytrain1: AB...You might be right...yeah, that's what I was meaning...lol. And I think Sombud, ya might have a valid point, lol....it is alot cooler than the norm clone taking temp in summer....:5headache: I didn't think of that...Thanks! :)

But I normally do take them right as they go to flower....It's frustrating for me anyway, so I try to do it only when I know it will be worth the trouble...:confused: I think I could find an easier way....:icon_confused:

They're just taking so much longer ....pppbbbbbttthhh:icon_confused: Stupid clones anyway....I even did the dryer/radio thing....I'll keep working on it. I read a post somewhere about NOT using a humidity dome? I use one. Am I treating them TOO tenderly, maybe?:icon_confused:

7. anaujiram

anaujiram Veggy Stage

sorry if this is an aggervating question...

but what is the dryer/radio thing you speak of?

8. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

Its for creating heat I believe.

9. Yourst

Yourst Stoned Grown & Hell Bound

Thats why. Clones taken from a plant that has started showing will have to revert back to veg and will take a very long time to start growing again. "about 3-4 weeks"

10. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Sup smiles.......hey can i tag along for a clone issue too? PLEASE!

I kinda got the same situation goin on....almost exactly.......took em when i seen sex from a white rhino....10 clones and so far its been 8days......i got 1 rooted and planted in solo cups......Now the other ones are in the dome.....in rapid rooters.....they are still green and standing strong, just a lil droop to em...BUT.....the leaf tips are getting a burnt or yellowing to just the tips....

Any ideas anyone???.......Hope that can help you too Smiles....peace

11. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

High Smilzes. :wave:

I believe the reason is that you took the clones as they were being sexed. Most times you sex the plant THEN revert it back to veg before taking clones. You ALWAYS want to take clones when they are vegging...not when they are being sexed or flowering. You've in effect confused the poor little girls. :icon_confused: Right now you just have to play the waiting game. They'll be reverting back to veg as the root zone establishes itself.

12. The Tron

The Tron ONE MAN GANG

:icon_confused: I think this thread is a touch old - how bout yall ??

13. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

holy crap its from 07....lol

14. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Doh! :5headache:

Why do people bring up old threads anyway? And here I thought Smilezs was back. :suave:

15. PROF. FEELGREEN

PROF. FEELGREEN MYCOHRIZAE MANIA

Try Growing Wit Dif

Dif Is A Way Of Indoor Gardening That Basically Tricks The Plants Into Thinking They Have Recieved Heat All Night Or All Dark Period. You Go About This By Obtaining A Good Energy Conserveing Heater And Turning It On One Hour Before Lights Go On And Rasing The Temp To Your Max Room Temp This Makes The Plants Think They Had Heat All Night Witch Heavily Helps Root Growth Ang Plant Health

16. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Roots!

YIP, COLD "WILL" slowwwww them down i growth, it will stunt their growth, but a lil HEAT and a tiny part P (Phosphorus) WILL do the "trick", to get them off n running as "nomally" asap with the addition of Some P (Phos...):sign13: :smokin:

P Helps Create GREAT root enhancement, and id let that be KOWN to everone with Similar issues, whether it be a slow growing Small actual "PLANT" or a Slow developing lil Clone, a lil P goes along way to HELP these exact issues!!! :wink: :thumbsup:

UBB........... :pimp: :potleaf: