styrofoam

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by richard, Oct 1, 2008.

1. richard

richard small time

:sign13: Hey I have a bunch of white styrofoam here. I was wondering what the reflection value of it is, as to white paint,tin foil? Thanks for the help:smokin:

2. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

I Love Styro!

Haha...I use styro panels a LOT!

For me there has been nothing better: SO EZ to keep the light where I want it...as grows change and evolve so too can the "walls"...:icon_confused:

True, it's reflectivity leaves a little to be desired, but the ability to adjust it up close to the plants works damn well, for me....I have "decided" that styro panels, each covered with Mylar, WILL BE a long term part of the space I finally settle on.

:qbluewacko:

3. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

I would think that white would be FAR better than foil. As long as the foam didn't raise your area too high in temps? then it could be cool, so to speak :smokin: I would also take steps to NOT allow moisture to get behind it, but other than that, off the top of my head? or outta' my left ear :qbluewacko: , go with it.

Peace my Friend :)

4. OneHitterInOz

OneHitterInOz A Fat Sticky Bud

Absolutely, I would use styrofoam easy to negotiate space, but like The Master said will have to keep an eye on the temps. Hell, I used a screen from a window and covered in foil for a side wall held it in place with one nail on each side, I have changed it tho, so yea.

5. richard

richard small time

styrofoam

thanks for your advice. I think I'll stick with styro, like I found out I can move it around easily. also I'll look into the mylar, herd it my be alittle spendy? Thanks :smokin: again

6. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

As long as everything else is in good condition, the styrofoam can work.

Bear in mind tho... Styrofoam is highly flammable.

One electrical short & you could be in a world of
    :poop:

I'd suggest looking into the mylar, or flat white paint.

7. Towelieee

Towelieee you wanna get high?

Another thing that works good and is cheap, are those cardboard flats that come on palettes. About 4' x 4' and they can bend or be cut to any shape. Put a bit of mylar on them and your good to go.

8. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

Wrapping paper?

Now, I've never used it (yet) but it makes PERFECT sense!

Yes, WRAPPING PAPER! The super reflective mylarish kind....

I've seen it a thousand times....see it mentioned here a lot...

I figure it's worth trying, cheapass mofo that I am....

Just 'wrap' some styro panels...set em up....POOF, DONE!

:)

I LOVE SIMPLE!!!

:qbluewacko:

9. Allen

Allen Humble Gardener

for around 20 bucks you can get a 50 foot roll of mylar. You'll be glad you did.