Money spent on war

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nikidog, Oct 9, 2003.

1. rangerdanger

rangerdanger ***Rest in Peace***

g, the U.S. Consitution must really piss you off. You know, that part about seperation of church and state and all.

It may also come as a revalation to you that the god that Christians worship is THE SAME god that the jews and muslims worship. The jews and the muslims also revere Christ as a phophet.

Now, let's look at Christians. Christian mean "Christ-like", or following Jesus' teachings.

What did he teach? Compassion, gorgiveness and love. And what does the present admin. practice? Intolerance, revenge and hate.

Jesus also taught to love thine enemy, and turn the other cheek.

Btw, according to the bible, you are an adbomination before god if you ever eat pork (or even handle a pig's skin) or work (or cause others to work) between sundown Friday and sundown Saturday.

The bible also says you must never cut your hair anf if your brother dies you must marry his widow.

So do you abide by the teachings of the bible and Jesus, or are you a devil-boy?

(Edited by rangerdanger at 3:06 pm on Oct. 9, 2003)

2. Mindblender

Mindblender New Sprout

I can see Indi's elders at the dinner table in 1943....  "The only reason we're in this damn war is to get cheap sake and free access to all those kick-ass German ski slopes."  

Is it right to kill thousands to save MANY more??  Damn

straight.  Truman understood this when he bombed Hiroshima

and Nagasaki.  

A nation governed by bleeding hearts will soon coat it's citizens with their OWN blood.

(Edited by Mindblender at 3:17 pm on Oct. 9, 2003)

3. rangerdanger

mind, I guess your wiser than that bleeding-heart Jesus, who said the meek shall inherit the earth.

The U.S. using WMD in Japan had nothing to do with saving lives and everything to do with testing this weapon which we had just spent millions on acrually worked against people, and world domination.

4. nikidog

nikidog Germinated

Im glad you cleared that up I thought using the bomb was based on the fanatasim of the Japanese military at that tpoint in history, and the atrocitys committed by the Japanese against the Chinese people, I was under the impression the US did not want to invade mainland Japan and have a "bloodbath" using the bomb by many estimates saved more lives then it took.

Sorry had 2 poke my nose in,

5. Mindblender

Mindblender New Sprout

Ranger, I saw a 1 hr show on Discovery that chose the chronicaling of a-bomb testing as its only content. We have done several (at least 5 that this episode shown) to see the destruction they would do. The Bikini atoll is

still radioactive to this day due to some of these tests.

With each test, they bumped up the megatonnage to see its

effect. To say Truman dropped 'em to test them out is bogus.

6. rangerdanger

Japan had offered to surrender before the WMD were dropped if it meant no foriegn occupation troops, the U.S. turned down the offer.

At the time the bombs were dropped, there was no need to invade Japan. We had isolated them. They had so air force, no navy only a rag-tag army to ptotect their homeland against invaders.

7. nikidog

nikidog Germinated

I was not aware that Japan offered a surrender prior to the bombing, if this is true then I must agree not the right decision, I will have to study my WW2 history a little better,

8. Mindblender

Mindblender New Sprout

"....to protect their homeland against invaders."

Umm i think it wuz them guys who did a quick fly-by

over Pearl Harbor on 12-07-1941.  I guess they must

have known where we were coming from.

(Edited by Mindblender at 4:11 pm on Oct. 9, 2003)

9. ganja420

ganja420 Begun Flowering

ranger believe me i know their is only one god and muslim call him ali their many names for him iv`e read the koran have you? ive aslo read the bible have you? i know 99% of koran is about peace love and doing kind things wish all of the muslims practiced it that way unfortunatley they do not. the fundamentalists are the ones who have declared war on us.

1.1] All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

[1.2] The Beneficent, the Merciful.

[1.3] Master of the Day of Judgment.

[1.4] Thee do we serve and Thee do we beseech for help.

[1.5] Keep us on the right path.

[1.6] The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

10. ganja420

ganja420 Begun Flowering

ranger the constitution does not piss me off at all i believe in the seperation of church and state as did our fore fathers it just so happens that most of them were christians by their own admission.

11. rangerdanger

That's open to conjecture: some were, some weren't.

But they made sure that religion and government were seperate.

Except some don't like the Constitution, and want to force their religious beliefs on others with the backing of the gov't.

Like what happened recently in the south (Arkansas ?).

Some judge wanted to promote Christianity by having a rock with the 10 commandments in the courthouse. An obvious violation of the seperation of chuch and state, and the higher courts did their constitutional duty.

Aside from the fact that the biblical 10 commandments were predated by other groups and civilizations, people don't need a commandment to know that killing and stealing is wrong.

12. ganja420

ganja420 Begun Flowering

wow thats the most intelligent post you`ve made in the politcal area IMO yet ranger.

13. nikidog

nikidog Germinated

Yes, I must concure the only thing scarier then extreme-leftist are extreme-rightist.

I do favor seperation,  

But you said it yourself. "People dont need a comandment to know that stealing is wrong"

Unforunatley not true..........they do it turns out,

Religion is nothing more to me than a moral compass,

Without it people are sliding into ever increasing deviant and harmful behaviours and with out some kind of "moral compass" who is going to explain to those people who still dont seem to get it....................

Dont kill

Dont hate

Dont be an *******

maybe we can change the name to the 3 commandments

what do you guys think  

(Edited by nikidog at 7:58 pm on Oct. 9, 2003)

14. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

niki, i wish it were that simple :LOL:

15. rangerdanger

The main purpose of judeo-christian religions is to control people.

niki, people the world over realize killing is wrong.

Some however, have no problem with killing if it puts $ in their pocket.

16. nikidog

nikidog Germinated

Maybe im not ready to accept it yet, maybe at 38 I still dont get it,

I just dont buy into the big brother murder by numbers government conspiracy theory stuff,

Ive met a few CEO's as far as I know none of them would kill to enhance the bottom line,

I just dont believe that a free democratic capitalistic society would survive without the best intentions,

People who kill for money......drug dealers.......mafias.......criminals.......

Thats what my reality is, maybe im missing the big picture    

(Edited by nikidog at 11:39 pm on Oct. 9, 2003)

17. rangerdanger

Look into the asissinations of JFK, RFK, & MLK and tell me again that there are no conspiricies.

18. ganja420

ganja420 Begun Flowering

ranger is correct in stating that their have been and will be conspiracy what i have a problem with is that he thinks everything is a conspiracy.

ranger its not all good but niether is it all bad.

(Edited by ganja420 at 5:04 am on Oct. 10, 2003)

19. ganja420

ganja420 Begun Flowering

ps ranger your interpritations of the bible are also absurd i dont any christians that behave that way.

20. nikidog

nikidog Germinated

And all three of those "asassinations" happened in the same time period,

Do you think Elvis is still alive?,

Im mean really at some point you got to let it go,

Sorry nothing personal I just dont see it,

There are evil people out there in everywalk of life, but I have always beleived that evil people are evil in thier soul not thier pocketbook,

I agree most people are good and that is where I choose to focus my energy and beliefs

(Edited by nikidog at 12:24 pm on Oct. 10, 2003)